Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
treatment (Read 1249 times)
john gotti
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

treatment
Apr 6th, 2009 at 11:23am

i wanted to let you know what is working for me. at the start of a headache i drink a megadose of caffiene. two heaping tablespoons of instant coffee drank black. within 5 minutes the headache is knocked down about 95%

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Re: treatment
Reply #1 - Apr 6th, 2009 at 11:30am

john gotti wrote on Apr 6th, 2009 at 11:23am:
i wanted to let you know what is working for me. at the start of a headache i drink a megadose of caffiene. two heaping tablespoons of instant coffee drank black. within 5 minutes the headache is knocked down about 95%

Chaser of O2 is mighty fine.

Kinder gentler Potter

IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #2 - Apr 6th, 2009 at 12:17pm

Hello John, nice to hear that caffeine helps to take some of the edge off your CH's.  What else have you tried or are you taking currently?  Any preventatives?

Welcome to CH.com!

Smileymel

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
https://www.facebook.com/mellymoo92  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #3 - Apr 6th, 2009 at 4:37pm

Caffeine is a well known emergency abortive, glad it's providing you some relief. Do read up on the medboards as there are a bunch of preventative and abvortive options available that may help you also.

What Potter meant by the 02 chaser, many of us, myself included, have been having great success with oxygen as an abortive. I can kill an attack in 6-8 mnutes with it. Sure worth a shot.

Glad you found us, when you get a chance, give us a rundown on you self! What has and hasn't worked in the past, maybe we can throw a few ideas your way. Welcome home.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Ray
CH.com Alumnus

Ray

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #4 - Apr 6th, 2009 at 11:15pm

Hello John:

There is good oxygen information on the left side of the screen as a yellow button.  There are good ways to use it that are effective for many of us, and other ways that don't work as well.

Ray

You have my prayers and compassion-I'm right there with you.

Dum tempus habemus, operemur bonum

*While we have the time, let us do good*

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW raymond.schwartz759 rayplace raymond.schwartz759 raymond759  
IP Logged

Katie
CH.com Junior

I just get 'those' headaches.

England
Reply #5 - Apr 7th, 2009 at 3:52am

Got to admit I use very strong coffee for CH with O2 as I am not keen on the taste of energy drinks. I use a far weaker instant version for migriane    . It helps and can reduce the need to grab the nearest triptains et al. Roll Eyes

Many have found O2 very helpful so have a look at that too.

Pain is no evil unless it conquers us.  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!