Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Antibotics? (Read 1425 times)
jckgales
CH.com Junior

One headache at a time

Chesaning MI
Antibotics?
Apr 4th, 2009 at 8:59am

Hi
Just  curious, Has anyone ever had a break from their headache when on antibiotics?  I just finished 10 days of pen vk 500 mg 4 /day and not one headache while I was on it. It seems that this is the second time this has happened to me.  I am chronic for approx last 8 yrs.  I fininshed thurs. and sure enough got hit last night.
Jackie

IP Logged

Pinkfloyd
CH.com Hall of Famer

comfortably numb

x0||USA||||IL,Illinois
Re: Antibotics?
Reply #1 - Apr 4th, 2009 at 10:49am

jckgales wrote on Apr 4th, 2009 at 8:59am:
Hi
Just  curious, Has anyone ever had a break from their headache when on antibiotics?  Jackie

Hi Jackie  Smiley

I have heard of this happening before.

What is interesting (to me anyway) is that penicillin is an indole ring derivative which makes it a distant cousin of psilocybin.
It is made from mold after all  Cheesy

Bobw

"those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
- C.S. Lewis
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW psiloscribe pinkshroomrat  
IP Logged

midwestbeth
CH.com Sponsor

Edwardsville, IL
Reply #2 - Apr 4th, 2009 at 11:35am

While going to multiple Dr's and the dentist to try and figure out what the hell was happening to me, I was perscribed five rounds of antibiotics.  I don't recall if I got much relief while taking the antibiotics, but I do rememeber that the pain never went completely away.  This was back before I knew what ch was.  I thought I either had an infection that was going to go into my brain and kill me or I had a brain tumor.  When the antibiotics didn't work, I was convinced it was a brain tumor.  Then I discovered this site.   Smiley

Sorry the beast is back.  PF wishes to you.

Beth

Dum vita est spes est
midwestbeth midwestbeth http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id  
IP Logged

monty
CH.com Hall of Famer

The Swamp, Florida
Reply #3 - Apr 4th, 2009 at 1:57pm

The first time I got clusters (1994), I went to a doc after a few days of increasing pain. He looked up my nose, pronounced a sinus infection, and put me on antibiotics.  After a day, no more headaches.

Didn't work the year after that. The sinuses are one input to the trigeminal, and I am convinced that treating them can help - sometimes.

The outer boundary of what we currently believe is feasible is far short of what we actually must do.

IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #4 - Apr 4th, 2009 at 2:39pm

Although a different kind of antibiotic, maybe cypro or something, I've been on them twice in the last decade and found no difference, even a seeming increase of activity with prolonged use of maybe two weeks.

The very strong dose for 24 hours taken before a biopsy had an unnoticed effect on activity the four times it's happened but I believe I was managing well each time.

Can't really say.
« Last Edit: Apr 4th, 2009 at 2:48pm by Kevin_M »  

IP Logged

Pixie-elf
CH.com Hall of Famer

I've tried the rest, and
busting is the best!

Beaumont,Tx
Reply #5 - Apr 4th, 2009 at 9:40pm

I've had plenty of sinus trouble, some legitimate, 2 weeks before my cycle started up I had a sinus infection, on an x-ray. My sinuses turned out to be completely clear, yet the left side of them was still sore, the day before my cycle started...

For the year before it, though, I'd had what we thought were sinus problems, and ear infections twice a month... So I'd be given antibiotics, and medication with 120mg of Pseudoephedrine in it.

I'd have maybe 1 week off of these, and the pain would start up again.

So, I'm pretty sure with pseudoephedrine being a vasoconstrictor, that's what helped the pain with me. I don't know if it was masking CH long term, or if I was just having shadows all that time before my cycle started... Either way, it hasn't stopped yet.

As far as I'm concerned, cluster busting has been the best treatment I've tried. No migraines since I started it, and my hits have gotten so much better. Wanna know more?
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

It's saved my life.

IP Logged

jckgales
CH.com Junior

One headache at a time

Chesaning MI
Reply #6 - Apr 4th, 2009 at 10:33pm

Thanks for all the input.  To bad I cant take a couple of the pen vk a day instead of O2, verapmil, lithium, maxalt, stadol and all the other crap that I've tried.  I am sorry it hasn't worked for others, but I forgot all of the doc's always say it's sinus at first,(same with me duh.) I thought I was really on to something Embarrassed  Well I will pay attention next time I'm on it, I will request that kind! .  I am going to talk to my neuro. about it. Pain free to all.
Thanks
Jackie

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!