Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I have an idea. (Read 4625 times)
Solen
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Poland
I have an idea.
Apr 1st, 2009 at 4:31pm

As it is mentioned many times before that some of the frequencies may cause the attack. I thought, maybe there are which can give us some help. And the first thought that came to my head was i-dosers.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

I think I am going to try my thesis in the weekend, because there is more time to suffer if it doesn't work. If somebody already tried this, give me a message!

And, when I shall die,
Take him and cut him out in little stars,
And he will make the face of heaven so fine
That all the world will be in love with night
And pay no worship to the garish sun.
Solen bandfarewell  
IP Logged

midwestbeth
CH.com Sponsor

Edwardsville, IL
Re: I have an idea.
Reply #1 - Apr 1st, 2009 at 4:37pm

Yeah, I love my i-doser...... Grin

Dum vita est spes est
midwestbeth midwestbeth http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id  
IP Logged

onepfday
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Payne, Ohio
Reply #2 - Apr 16th, 2009 at 10:23am

[font=Courier New] Winki tried it yesterday, because i haven't had relief in a while. Thanks for the suggestion! It finally got me to sleep, and so far so good today!
[/font]

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #3 - Apr 16th, 2009 at 10:30am

Solen wrote on Apr 1st, 2009 at 4:31pm:
As it is mentioned many times before that some of the frequencies may cause the attack. I thought, maybe there are which can give us some help. And the first thought that came to my head was i-dosers.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

I think I am going to try my thesis in the weekend, because there is more time to suffer if it doesn't work. If somebody already tried this, give me a message!

Might I suggest Oxygen?  My first thought after reading this drivel is BULLSHIT.

Kinder gentler Potter

IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #4 - Apr 16th, 2009 at 10:51am

well thats an new one. let us know how it works. if you can get some relief without using a bunch of drugs thats great.

IP Logged

midwestbeth
CH.com Sponsor

Edwardsville, IL
Reply #5 - Apr 16th, 2009 at 11:32am

I thought it was a joke.....

Dum vita est spes est
midwestbeth midwestbeth http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id  
IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #6 - Apr 16th, 2009 at 11:51am

My confidence level in how helpful this particular item might be is pretty low.  

That being said, I know that reducing anxiety and fear during a cycle is helpful--however that is accomplished.  

Using effective means (like oxygen) to stop an attack or avoid one is probably the best confidence-builder of all.  

It's all about controlling the thing--and if it can't be avoided, controlling ones reaction to it to minimize the impact it has.    

Best wishes,

George
« Last Edit: Apr 16th, 2009 at 11:51am by George »  

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #7 - Apr 16th, 2009 at 12:08pm

George wrote on Apr 16th, 2009 at 11:51am:
My confidence level in how helpful this particular item might be is pretty low.  

I know that reducing anxiety and fear during a cycle is helpful--however that is accomplished.  

that may be a trigger though.thats when i would get hit the worst is when i relax.
on the other hand she may be on to something.

IP Logged

AlienSpaceGuy
CH.com Old Timer

Greetings from outer space

Northpole
Reply #8 - Apr 16th, 2009 at 8:24pm

You get the best results when you combine the Binaural Brainwave I-Doser with snorting Sinus Buster and juggling Boji stones. And don't forget your necklace of triangular Hall-effect magnets.

In a long time I haven't read such hogwash as on the I-Doser web site. Thank you for the laugh.

Smiley

AlienSpaceGuy believes only in scientifically sound methods.

IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Apr 16th, 2009 at 8:37pm

As it is mentioned many times before that some of the frequencies may cause the attack. ............................................................

Really?

Who has said this many times before? Could you please show me your source of this information?

Marc

IP Logged

chrisw
CH.com Old Timer

x0|turnersville|NJ,USA
Reply #10 - Apr 16th, 2009 at 10:13pm

If there was a chance it worked, I would give it a try.  Im sick of drugs.    Angry Angry Angry Angry

christine neville weaver  
IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #11 - Apr 16th, 2009 at 10:28pm

Marc wrote on Apr 16th, 2009 at 8:37pm:
As it is mentioned many times before that some of the frequencies may cause the attack. ............................................................

Really?

Who has said this many times before? Could you please show me your source of this information?

Marc

The foil hat crew that's who.

Kinder gentler Potter

IP Logged

Redd
CH.com Sponsor

Stevens Point USA Wisconsin
Reply #12 - Apr 16th, 2009 at 10:39pm

All I can say is... Smiley

"The goal of life living in agreement with Nature."  ~Zeno
peggflick ma_2_2  
IP Logged

icedragon
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Apr 16th, 2009 at 10:57pm

Is it possible that there is a language barrier here.  She is from a country where English is not the first language, and we do talk about how frequent we get headaches.  Frequent/Frequency???

At any rate, You should check out their board...
there is like 20,000 I-dosing members.  
They have an interesting page for shrooms also...

IP Logged

onepfday
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Payne, Ohio
Reply #14 - Apr 17th, 2009 at 1:47pm

i used it the first time and relaxed so much, but i used it again and nothing, so i cant tell you yes or no. Wonder if it is  psychosematic (a word i have come to hate) i dont know but they are hitting harder and longer now so i cant really say, sorry

IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #15 - Apr 17th, 2009 at 10:02pm

So how many people here have tried it and it has failed for them??

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

onepfday
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Payne, Ohio
Reply #16 - Apr 18th, 2009 at 8:08am

You would think if these people are true CHers then they would be willing to try anything, specially if it isn't a pill, and wouldn't be so sceptical..... i mean who ever thought o2 would work like that. if it works then great, its not illegal. I say good for you to whoever finds relief from this thing!!

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #17 - Apr 18th, 2009 at 10:23am

onepfday wrote on Apr 18th, 2009 at 8:08am:
You would think if these people are true CHers then they would be willing to try anything, specially if it isn't a pill, and wouldn't be so sceptical..... i mean who ever thought o2 would work like that. if it works then great, its not illegal. I say good for you to whoever finds relief from this thing!!

You should buy them all.

Kinder gentler Potter

IP Logged

AlienSpaceGuy
CH.com Old Timer

Greetings from outer space

Northpole
Reply #18 - Apr 18th, 2009 at 12:16pm

onepfday wrote on Apr 18th, 2009 at 8:08am:
You would think if these people are true CHers ...
careful with statements like this, attacking people may get you in trouble with the management.

... then they would be willing to try anything, specially if it isn't a pill, ...
I don't try anything that is obviously a scam. On the other hand, if it is a "pill" it has probably been tested.

... and wouldn't be so sceptical..... i mean who ever thought o2 would work like that....
well, oxygen is a time honored treatment, Horton wrote about it in 1943 (that's 66 years ago.

if it works then great, its not illegal. I say good for you to whoever finds relief from this thing!!

The I-Doser brainwaves synchronization is IMHO a complete scam. Hint: on their web site they write about 'scientific proven' but without naming horse nor rider (did you expect anything else?).

The brain waves (most people write it 2 words) result from the firing of nerves in the brain. They can be measured with a EEG (electroencephalography) set-up. An EEG is useful to detect some diseases, like epilepsy, encephalopathies. Before MRI and CAT scan it also helped to diagnose tumors and stroke.

In a healthy individual the brain waves pattern varies with activity, something an observer can see without an electronic gadget.

How the activity of the brain can be influenced by some "doses" of sound, and for what purpose, remains a mystery of the "scientific proof" (that is so secret that no web link can be given...).  Roll Eyes

The value of this method is best described by the Disclaimer at Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
I-Doser makes no medical, psychological, physical, or otherwise, claims to the effectiveness of the I-Doser Application, Simulation CDs and MP3s, or it’s included or purchased doses. The use of the I-Doser Application, Simulation CDs and MP3, and included or purchased doses, should be used for entertainment purposes only.

I-Doser Application, Simulation CDs and MP3, and included or purchased doses, may impair your ability to drive a car or operate machinery.

(nothing left of 'scientifically proved') Smiley

Smiley

AlienSpaceGuy believes only in scientifically sound methods.

IP Logged

Jimi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't feed the moderators

Madisonville, KY
Reply #19 - Apr 18th, 2009 at 12:58pm

Quote:
The use of the I-Doser Application, Simulation CDs and MP3, and included or purchased doses, should be used for entertainment purposes only.

I think that says it all.

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/ Hendrix1473  
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #20 - Apr 18th, 2009 at 1:32pm

Jimi wrote on Apr 18th, 2009 at 12:58pm:
Quote:
The use of the I-Doser Application, Simulation CDs and MP3, and included or purchased doses, should be used for entertainment purposes only.

I think that says it all.

Can you imagine if this was on the side of your Imitrex vial?
Quote:
The use of Imitrex, and included or purchased doses, should be used for entertainment purposes only.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

onepfday
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Payne, Ohio
Reply #21 - Apr 18th, 2009 at 1:36pm

I am sorry, i was not attacking anyone, i was mearly saying if it works for some then GREAT, dont take that away from them by saying that it shouldn't just because there is no basis that it can. That's all, if the sounds make you relax and control the pain better, then great!

I know o2 is proven, but before they did 60+ years ago, some may have been skeptical, heck MANY still are and it is proven to work like 80% of the time.

So that is all, with the beast we should be supporting eachother, not disproving what works for some. If you say that standing on your head, while chewing extra gum (pepermint) and singing yanky doodle would work, i am sure we have all been in so much pain that we would try it! Proven or not.

The idoser relaxed me one day, not wierd visuals or anything, i slept well, actually fell asleep before it was over. Now i don't know if it was that or that the beast just chose to leave for a few hours. I cant tell you, all i can say is that i was listening to it while it went away. Heck maybe it is the sound that drives the beast away!  Grin

i found a site, dont know if it tells you anything but here you go.
Take it however you will.
Peace.
« Last Edit: Apr 18th, 2009 at 2:12pm by onepfday »  

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #22 - Apr 18th, 2009 at 4:30pm

Sorry - support doesn't mean agreeing with everything I say. Sometimes support means a good, swift kick in the fannie if I need it.

Just ask my kid. I support him quite often.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

onepfday
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Payne, Ohio
Reply #23 - Apr 18th, 2009 at 6:45pm

Oh if you need a kick, come and get it!!!!  Smiley  I am good at them! lol

pfd to all! Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

monty
CH.com Hall of Famer

The Swamp, Florida
Reply #24 - Apr 20th, 2009 at 1:04pm

AlienSpaceGuy wrote on Apr 18th, 2009 at 12:16pm:
How the activity of the brain can be influenced by some "doses" of sound, and for what purpose, remains a mystery of the "scientific proof" (that is so secret that no web link can be given...).  Roll Eyes

Actually, there is a proven theory and there have been some scientific papers published on binaural entrainment of brainwaves - here is the Wikipedia article:

Here is a pdf of the 1973 Scientific American article by Oster on binaural effects and entrainment of brainwaves.

When each ear is provided with a sound at a slightly different frequency, the brain tries to synchronize it, and produces a pattern of firing that is based on the difference of the audio inputs.  This can increase the amount of alpha, theta or delta brainwave activity - which may or may not be significant .... for helping with overall relaxation, a possible benefit has been recognized.  For activity of the hypothalamus or trigeminal ... who knows??  Whether or not it can affect clusters in any way is pure speculation.

I have listened to a variety of binaural tapes (not that particular product) - some have been quite effective at inducing profoundly relaxed states or altered states that I have experienced in meditation. Others - not so effective.   I lost interest in the tapes and let them disappear somewhere, and haven't tried them while in cycle.  Most of the research has been on anxiety, stress, and other things related to mood and attention.  

Titles of a few studies available on PubMed:
Quote:
A prospective, randomised, controlled study examining binaural beat audio and pre-operative anxiety in patients undergoing general anaesthesia for day case surgery.

Binaural beat technology in humans: a pilot study to assess psychologic and physiologic effects.

Use of binaural beat tapes for treatment of anxiety: a pilot study of tape preference and outcomes.

Binaural auditory beats affect vigilance performance and mood.

Binaural-beat induced theta EEG activity and hypnotic susceptibility.

There is also free software that allows one to generate various binaural patterns using a computer:

« Last Edit: Apr 20th, 2009 at 1:09pm by monty »  

The outer boundary of what we currently believe is feasible is far short of what we actually must do.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!