Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
from hot to cold?or vise versa (Read 1526 times)
black
CH.com Old Timer

I Love CH.com!

Greece,Athens
from hot to cold?or vise versa
Mar 30th, 2009 at 3:15pm

i mean during ch as in the abortive measures.
At one time heat helps u and cold makes it worse(or vise versa)
and next time u find that it works the opposite ??

The last two months i ve found on my surprise that heat which was always a friend of mine doesn't only help nowmore but makes it worser!
And cold as cold packs which i always hated as for making pain worser is now a very good help!!???

has this ever happened to u??   Sad

Oh come on!it's just water.It can't be that bad!

IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Re: from hot to cold?or vise versa
Reply #1 - Mar 30th, 2009 at 3:21pm

a heating pad may work or a hot shower but hot dry air is a trigger. if i work outside all day in the cold i'm pf. when i come inside to the hot dry air from the wood burning stove i get hit within 30 minutes. hot or cold keep it moist.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #2 - Mar 30th, 2009 at 3:24pm

i've also found that a hot shower would work as an an abortive early in cycle. at high cycle your abortives will be less effective. its Undecided a bitch

IP Logged

monty
CH.com Hall of Famer

The Swamp, Florida
Reply #3 - Mar 30th, 2009 at 5:27pm

I am usually warm to hot when I wake up with a night time hit. Cold on the face is the only thing that helps.  Hot showers are great for the shoulders, but only once the hit is gone.  Can't guarantee this will never change for me, but so far, it has been consistent.  I have had them switch sides.

The outer boundary of what we currently believe is feasible is far short of what we actually must do.

IP Logged

mezza
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

north carolina
Reply #4 - Mar 31st, 2009 at 12:01am

Hot is a trigger for me in cycle.  Hot baths make me shadow. 

Kelly

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #5 - Mar 31st, 2009 at 10:59am

I'm like Monty. I want ONLY cold in my face during an attack, but afterwards, the hot shower helps with the secondary issues.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

icedragon
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Mar 31st, 2009 at 2:39pm

I have always liked the cold modalities.  I found even lying on the cold cement, on the front porch, helped relieve a hit.  Now, I always have cold ice packs in the freeze just in case I need them.

Thomas

IP Logged

midwestbeth
CH.com Sponsor

Edwardsville, IL
Reply #7 - Mar 31st, 2009 at 7:17pm

I like the homemade icepacks applied to the back of my neck and face. 

During bad hits, I go from freezing cold to buring up, and have been know to sit in front of the fireplace with the icepack on my head.  Whatever it takes to keep the headbangers away.

Beth

Dum vita est spes est
midwestbeth midwestbeth http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id  
IP Logged

black
CH.com Old Timer

I Love CH.com!

Greece,Athens
Reply #8 - Apr 3rd, 2009 at 9:42am

thanks for sharing Smiley

Oh come on!it's just water.It can't be that bad!

IP Logged

HappyElaine
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Flovilla,GA
Reply #9 - Apr 3rd, 2009 at 2:41pm

Cold for me, I found out when I had a in ground pool. That Diving into the cold water aborted my clusters. If I have a night the o2 does not work for me. I take a cold shower. It works every time. I have well water and that crap is cold. It takes a second to get up the nerve to get in but after I do I am glad I did.

Fear less, hope more;&&Whine less, breathe more;&&Talk less, say more;&&Hate less, love more;&&And all good things are yours.&&&&Member of ch.com and OUCH since 1999

IP Logged

chrisw
CH.com Old Timer

x0|turnersville|NJ,USA
Reply #10 - Apr 8th, 2009 at 10:52pm

For the first five years or so of getting CH, I would make myself a scalding hot cup of tea, and drink it while breathing into the cup to let the steam hit me in the face and head.  Or use a heat pack.  This worked really well for me for a few years during attacks, because I hadnt even been properly diagnosed yet, and no idiot doctor ever gave me the correct treatment.  Now heat is a killer to me.  In fact if its winter i will go outside and stick my face and head in the snow for a while.  My husband is afraid I am going to get frostbite.  ha ha.

anyway, if the heat is helping you try the tip with the hot drink,  just remember to breathe into the cup and let the steam warm your eye and head.   Good luck

christine neville weaver  
IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #11 - Apr 8th, 2009 at 11:05pm

That has happened to me before.  I used to get relief from scalding hot showers while rocking in the bathtub with it plugged.  Last 2 cycles I couldn't stand to be near it and needed cold packs instead.

Damn thing likes to morph! Sad

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
https://www.facebook.com/mellymoo92  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!