Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Re: I stopped my cluster headache cycle! (Read 11472 times)
ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Greenville, North Carolina
Re: I stopped my cluster headache cycle!
Mar 30th, 2009 at 11:56am

Quote:
I was sick all day with the aftermath. Had the shakes and still had some of the aurora lingering.

Maybe that one was not a cluster headache!  Those symptoms that you list above, are NOT cluster headache symptoms.

ALSO, you said that episode happened the other day, and your title says that you have stopped your cycle.  Well, a day or two does NOT signify that a cycle has stopped.  You need a MUCH longer period!  Sometimes, in cluster headaches, you get one "rogue" hit, that is not in any cycle.  Sometimes, when a cycle is starting up, you will get sporadic hits, sometimes days apart.

Whatever the cause, I am glad that you have gotten relief from what you have.  It is an interesting set of ingredients.  I will have to try it, and see what happens.  It can't hurt me!  Thanks for the suggestion!

Good luck!

Chuck

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

Keep fire extinguisher available, and charged.
ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #1 - Mar 30th, 2009 at 12:00pm

Migraines maybe ?

Kinder gentler Potter
« Last Edit: Mar 30th, 2009 at 12:02pm by Potter »  

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #2 - Mar 30th, 2009 at 12:14pm

You know where we might purchase this remedy?

Kinder gentler Potter

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #3 - Mar 30th, 2009 at 12:29pm

Oxygen made the ch worse?  What method of delivery do you use?

Kinder gentler Potter

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #4 - Mar 30th, 2009 at 12:54pm

Quote:
Oxygen did not help me at all. IMITREX made my clusters more active came more often faster and longer. I refused to take the verapimil that the neuro wanted to prescribe. Ended up using the cayenne pepper taking it in doses of 1 teaspoon at the onset of a cluster chasing that with high dose of caffiene. Until I used the remedy above.

But how did you administer the oxygen?

Kinder gentler potter

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #5 - Mar 30th, 2009 at 1:51pm

Quote:
I cannot remember what the level of oxygen was back then that was in my early 20's. All I remember is that I had the perscription for the Oxygen at my home to use at the onset of the cluster and it did nothing for me. It was a short duration of trying that treatment.

You should study the effects of Krill oil or fish oil as they are similar and the effects of the brain. Here is one of the studies they did on Seritonin and depressed individuals and what the EPA in fish oil does in the brain. This is one of the reports that lead me to trying the Krill Oil. Even though I do not seem to be depressed, CH sufferers seem to have a probelm with having low seritonin levels too.

Inflamation is regulated by the fats we eat, Krill oil causes a reduction in AA (Arachidonic Acid Omega 6 fatty acid that causes inflamation)levels.

EPA helps us make seritonin maybe this is why it helped stop my cylce.

Mine are not chronic everyday like some others mine come at certain times and are triggered by something and then something has to trigger them to stop. I know they are not migraines. I cannot sit still and bang my head pace and run until the cluster ends.

You know it is worth a try to see if it will help you none of those things I listed are going to hurt you they are all good for you.

I forgot to mention I took the Spirulina during the day in larger doses for the GLA fat. This is the good Omega 6 fat that we used to get in animal fat when the animals were fed the right ration of fat like grain.

If you want the GLA then look into Prim rose oil, borage oil, or black current seed oil. Or get it in the Spirulina

You forgot how the oxygen was administered?  before I pushed a bunch of supplements I think I would give the oxygen a whack in the correct manner.  Read.

Kinder gentler Potter

IP Logged

Mrs Deej
YaBB Administrator

My life is what I make
it, and it's beautiful!

Tornado Alley
Reply #6 - Mar 30th, 2009 at 1:58pm

So why did she delete all of her posts?

Undecided

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody" - Bill Cosby
WWW MrsDeej 1514951301  
IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #7 - Mar 30th, 2009 at 2:07pm

Mrs Deej wrote on Mar 30th, 2009 at 1:58pm:

Undecided

Cuz five were reposts of the same umm stuff.  my guess would bethat it's possible she was a
poser

Kinder gentler potter

IP Logged

icedragon
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Mar 31st, 2009 at 2:29pm

Undecided

If I had to guess, I think she was feeling as if though she and her ideas were being attacked, so, she left and took her ideas with her.  It seems to happen like this every now and again to people who come here thinking outside of the box.  I kind of admire her for taking what was received as unwanted with.  Too bad she felt run off though...

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #9 - Mar 31st, 2009 at 2:43pm

Quote:

Undecided

If I had to guess, I think she was feeling as if though she and her ideas were being attacked, so, she left and took her ideas with her.  It seems to happen like this every now and again to people who come here thinking outside of the box.  I kind of admire her for taking what was received as unwanted with.  Too bad she felt run off though...

Yeah real bummer.

Kinder gentler Potter

IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Greenville, North Carolina
Reply #10 - Mar 31st, 2009 at 2:50pm

Actually, I was very sorry to see her delete her posts.  Although I felt she was describing something that did not sound like cluster headaches, I thought her set of ingredients were very interesting, and I wanted to try them.  

I am pissed at myself for not writing them down.

Now, I guess I will never know what they were.  DAMN!

Chuck

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

Keep fire extinguisher available, and charged.
ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

cassie
CH.com Junior

The Land of Twilight
Reply #11 - Mar 31st, 2009 at 3:42pm

Ok so I am still here under a different name, Potter already new that because he tracked my IP address to make sure he new it was me. I did not liked being badgered through the private message. I chose to delete my entries because I believed that no one was open to a new possible idea. I have lived with the CH for over 20 years. Mine are not chronic as some. They usually occur once a year in a cluster of so many weeks, they come at a certain time a day in timed intervals. Mine occur when I am sleeping usually close to the time I enter REM. I have never joined any groups I have been able to manage with Cayenne pepper and high doses of caffiene up until last year when I ended up trying prednizone to stop the cycle. That only me made me real mean and sick. When the cycle started up this year I tried based on some facts to stop the cycle by greatly increasing the seritonin levels before sleep. So far it is working. I was just way to excited to share in posting this info to others. I apologise for thinking out side of the box. Oxygen never helped me and honestly I do not want to live the rest of my life running to an oxygen tank to make it through. I have six children and I would prefer living my life. If anybody is interested in what I have done I will be glad to share it with you. It may not help all but it could really help some. That was my point of posting in this forum. Just as Oxygen does not work for all!
Now I come in Peace, so I hope that I can stay with the forum and not be badgered, I promise to keep the peace.

Cassandra

The best way to predict your future, is to create it.

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #12 - Mar 31st, 2009 at 3:55pm

Cassie/Phoebe

I re-read what everyone said and I don't see anyone badgering you...just asking legitimate questions.  "How are you using the 02?"  that sort of thing.   We do that all the time here in an effort to help.  When you said you were sick all day in the after-math, had an aura, etc....Migraines were the first thing I thought also.  Clusters don't have an aura...Migraines do. 

Over the years we have had people come in here with all SORTS of cures...a lot of them are snake-oil salesmen trying to insist that this vitamin or that tincture has made them PF.  Since there is no cure for CH at this time,  we are skeptical and ask questions, that's all.  A lot of us are adament about trying 02 the proper way because it has worked so well in aborting.

Stick around, o.k.?   Wink

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

cassie
CH.com Junior

The Land of Twilight
Reply #13 - Mar 31st, 2009 at 3:57pm

He sent them through the Private Message I as I stated earlier
I am not selling snake oil. Just simply a remedy that helped.

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #14 - Mar 31st, 2009 at 4:01pm

cassie wrote on Mar 31st, 2009 at 3:42pm:
Ok so I am still here under a different name, Potter already new that because he tracked my IP address to make sure he new it was me. I did not liked being badgered through the private message. I chose to delete my entries because I believed that no one was open to a new possible idea. I have lived with the CH for over 20 years. Mine are not chronic as some. They usually occur once a year in a cluster of so many weeks, they come at a certain time a day in timed intervals. Mine occur when I am sleeping usually close to the time I enter REM. I have never joined any groups I have been able to manage with Cayenne pepper and high doses of caffiene up until last year when I ended up trying prednizone to stop the cycle. That only me made me real mean and sick. When the cycle started up this year I tried based on some facts to stop the cycle by greatly increasing the seritonin levels before sleep. So far it is working. I was just way to excited to share in posting this info to others. I apologise for thinking out side of the box. Oxygen never helped me and honestly I do not want to live the rest of my life running to an oxygen tank to make it through. I have six children and I would prefer living my life. If anybody is interested in what I have done I will be glad to share it with you. It may not help all but it could really help some. That was my point of posting in this forum. Just as Oxygen does not work for all!
Now I come in Peace, so I hope that I can stay with the forum and not be badgered, I promise to keep the peace.

Cassandra

You weren't badgered at all,  you were advised to read all you could and use oxygen as an abortive.  No bullshit.

Kinder gentler Potter

IP Logged

cassie
CH.com Junior

The Land of Twilight
Reply #15 - Mar 31st, 2009 at 4:05pm

Ok Whatever. You made your point. I will say it again when I used the oxygen back then it did not work for me. Your moderator did send me a message stating that it has changed since I tried it 20 years ago. So that was new info for me and I am open to that. I'm going to ask you again now in public to leave me be. You are the one contacting me through private messaging tracking my IP. I am not interested in your grouchy opinion.

IP Logged

Lefty
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #16 - Mar 31st, 2009 at 6:04pm

ClusterChuck wrote on Mar 31st, 2009 at 2:50pm:
Actually, I was very sorry to see her delete her posts.  Although I felt she was describing something that did not sound like cluster headaches, I thought her set of ingredients were very interesting, and I wanted to try them.  

I am pissed at myself for not writing them down.

Now, I guess I will never know what they were.  DAMN!

Chuck

Here you go Big Boy...! Kiss

Tell us how you get on...! I to found them a very interesting mix...!

I took right before bed:

2 capsuls of Krill Oil(500mg a piece)
about 8 ounces of kefir
1 teaspoon of manesium
and 1 handful of cashews

The Krill Oil right away started working on the inflammation and that evenging I did not wake up with and have not had a ch since.

I repeated the next morning with Kefir and took the krill oil then I took Sprirulina for the GLA.

Krill Oil raises seritonin and lowers insulin, kefir contains a lot of tryptophan used to make seritonin.

People who have ch are low on magnesium, so I added the magnesium

the Cashews were for added protien to help stabalize sugar during the evening.

It may sound silly but it did work I think there is a matabolic imbalance you have to figure it out.

Lefty...!

"When money's tight and is hard to get
And your horse has also ran,
When all you have is a heap of debt
A PINT OF PLAIN IS YOUR ONLY MAN."
— Flann O'Brien

IP Logged

Katie
CH.com Junior

I just get 'those' headaches.

England
Reply #17 - Apr 1st, 2009 at 3:26pm

Got to admit with the increasing number of preventative drugs that I seem to react to or do absolutely nothing for the headaches I am seriously getting to the point of *shudders* looking at brain food.

Does anyone know what is in krill oil that helps so I can try and figure out what might be the veggie alternative.

Pain is no evil unless it conquers us.  

IP Logged

Lefty
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #18 - Apr 1st, 2009 at 5:22pm

Katie wrote on Apr 1st, 2009 at 3:26pm:
Got to admit with the increasing number of preventative drugs that I seem to react to or do absolutely nothing for the headaches I am seriously getting to the point of *shudders* looking at brain food.

Does anyone know what is in krill oil that helps so I can try and figure out what might be the veggie alternative.

Try his link: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Best doing your own research because this could be a site just trying to sell Its own product but it should tell you what krill oil is all about.

Lefty....

"When money's tight and is hard to get
And your horse has also ran,
When all you have is a heap of debt
A PINT OF PLAIN IS YOUR ONLY MAN."
— Flann O'Brien

IP Logged

Emjay
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #19 - Apr 1st, 2009 at 7:21pm

I've never heard of krill oil but it looks like it may have some benefit, especially because it crosses the blood brain barrier.  However, these are the cautions I found from: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Possible Drug Interactions
People taking blood thinners (anticoagulant or anti-platelet medication), such as aspirin, warfarin (Coumadin), heparin, clopidogrel (Plavix), non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications (NSAIDS) such as ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil), naproxen (Naprosyn, Aleve) should only use krill oil under a physician's supervision.

Krill oil should also be used with caution by people taking herbs and supplements that are thought to increase the risk of bleeding, such as ginkgo biloba and garlic.

IP Logged

Lissa
CH.com Hall of Famer

Reply #20 - Apr 1st, 2009 at 7:27pm

I agree with the others.  If you have an aura, it can't be a CH.  Have you had MRI or CAT scan?  Did you take the cluster quiz on the main page?  O2 usually works for CH.

Episodic cluster survivor since 1995 at age 16.

IP Logged

AlienSpaceGuy
CH.com Old Timer

Greetings from outer space

Northpole
Reply #21 - Apr 1st, 2009 at 10:23pm

Krill must be something terribly healthy.

The Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register reaches, on a diet of krill, a length of 33 meters and a mass of 170 tons, what makes it the largest living animal.

But for my liking krill tastes a bit too fishy.

Smiley

AlienSpaceGuy believes only in scientifically sound methods.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

cassie
CH.com Junior

The Land of Twilight
Reply #22 - Apr 1st, 2009 at 11:14pm

Katie wrote on Apr 1st, 2009 at 3:26pm:

Brain Fatty acids are more bioavailable by using Phospholipids compared to triglycerides as the delivery. Fish oil is delivered by triglycerides.

Flax Oil is and Omega 3 but the delivery form is triglycerides I do not believe it would have the same effect.

IP Logged

Katie
CH.com Junior

I just get 'those' headaches.

England
Reply #23 - Apr 2nd, 2009 at 9:10am

I will look for either the flax oil or flax seeds when I next brave the shops and try combeining with assorted nuts.
I will have a look at micro-algea/yeasts but I think I may just use more seaweed in cooking tofu with marmite.

Pain is no evil unless it conquers us.  

IP Logged

Mrs Deej
YaBB Administrator

My life is what I make
it, and it's beautiful!

Tornado Alley
Reply #24 - Apr 2nd, 2009 at 10:56am

Just an FYI about flax seed, if you want to add it to food while you cook, when buying flax seed, get the milled kind, looks like a powder almost.  That is the only way our bodies absorb it (not in pill form) and give us the Omega-3.  It obsorbs better and faster. 

...just my two cents

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody" - Bill Cosby
WWW MrsDeej 1514951301  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!