Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
can 02 make u hungry? (Read 1265 times)
worriedwife
CH.com Newbie

IM NEVA GONNA LET THE
BEAST WIN!!!

lancs uk
can 02 make u hungry?
Mar 29th, 2009 at 7:38am

hi all! i've gotta question for u all... When my hubby has a bad day and he has to take a lot of 02 he seems to be uncontrollably hungry in fact he has startde to put weight on because he just has to eat!! Is this a side effect of the 02 or is it juct co-incidence??? Anybody else get the same sort of effect?? any input would be greatly appreciated thanx charlotte

IP Logged

no-one
CH.com Hall of Famer

aude sapere        cogito
ergo         disce pati

NY
Re: can 02 make u hungry?
Reply #1 - Mar 29th, 2009 at 8:56am

I really don't think it is the O2 that is making hungry, it is all the engry that he is burning dancing. that is just my thought. I know for me I don't seem to eat as much when I am having a bad day,for me it the next day I am eating everything I can find, but everyone is different.
PF wishes for you and your husband
b

"Be who you are and say what you feel...Because those that matter....don't mind....And those that mind....don't matter." &&&&&&Man is what he believes.  Anton Chekhov &&&&Unless you believe, you will
beckyulissi Becku22  
IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Greenville, North Carolina
Reply #2 - Mar 29th, 2009 at 10:58am

I have not noticed any increase in appetite with oxygen usage, and I use a LOT of it.  BUT, everyone is different!

Chuck

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

Keep fire extinguisher available, and charged.
ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #3 - Mar 29th, 2009 at 12:31pm

Is he also on steroids? Oxygen never gave me the munchies...(shut up all you 60's kids!!!)...but when I go on prednisone I get ravenous. But No-One has a good point too, it may just be his bodies response to everything he expends duringan attack.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

BMoneeTheMoneeMan
CH.com Alumnus

In remembrance of KingCazman.
RIP

Portland, OR
Reply #4 - Mar 29th, 2009 at 12:45pm

I don't think it does for me. 

Could be a number of things causing him to eat more.  Depression, panic, or any number of emotions can cause a person to eat for comfort.

"Fool me once, shame on, shame on you.  Fool - can't get fooled again"&&&&&&Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half the population is stupider than that.&&&&

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #5 - Mar 29th, 2009 at 12:59pm

Doesn't do it to me.

I've heard, however, that when you stop breathing O2, your hunger magically disappears - as does your pulse, your brain wave activity, and your bowel and bladder control.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!