Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
head massage for Heavy shadows (Read 1576 times)
Lefty
CH.com Alumnus

head massage for Heavy shadows
Mar 26th, 2009 at 9:39pm

Hi guys,

i believe we as a community should share every detail about treatments that  work for us even if you think they may sound silly or absurd or may have already been documented. Who would have thought that 'water' would have such amazing results. I am now into my 6th week of my cycle and my CH's are definitely reducing in severity (kip 3). I'm able get rid of heavy shadows within 10 mins by using a small head massaging gadget called a 'Passionator'. It's basically a wooden handle with 8 plastic prongs that slide over the head. I know you may think  because i am near the end of my cycle that my CH's may be only lasting 10 mins anyway, but i can assure you that i have left a couple untreated and the little demons lasted a good 2 hours and as you know kip 3 is still very uncomfortable. Basically by using the passionater you are trying to create as much sensation, tingling and shivers around the head and neck area as possible.Then by using my hands i manually massage these sensations into my head and temple area. For best results let someone else use the passionater on you therefore creating more sensation and it may have better results for people with shorter hair. I have used this method at the start and the end of my cycles with great results. It has helped me save on my oxygen as i only get a small cd tank that doesn't last very long at 15 lpm.

Give it a lash you have nothing to loose...! Wink Wink
« Last Edit: Mar 30th, 2009 at 3:18pm by Lefty »  

"When money's tight and is hard to get
And your horse has also ran,
When all you have is a heap of debt
A PINT OF PLAIN IS YOUR ONLY MAN."
— Flann O'Brien

IP Logged

BMoneeTheMoneeMan
CH.com Alumnus

In remembrance of KingCazman.
RIP

Portland, OR
Re: head massage for kip 4/5
Reply #1 - Mar 26th, 2009 at 10:18pm

I dont really consider it a treatment, but I do massage my temple/eye/forehead quite firmly when I get hit.  Sometimes, though, I just bang it on the counter.

and no, Linda, that doesn't mean I got laid last night........

"Fool me once, shame on, shame on you.  Fool - can't get fooled again"&&&&&&Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half the population is stupider than that.&&&&

IP Logged

Charlotte
CH.com Alumnus

Patterson,California
Reply #2 - Mar 26th, 2009 at 10:47pm

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

B was ending a heavy shadow and I was starting one.  I am a thumb jammer.  Someone asked us to do that ch thing, & that's why there's a pic.  Swimchica thought we were faking, when she saw it.

Charlotte

« Last Edit: Mar 26th, 2009 at 10:55pm by Charlotte »  

IP Logged

Lefty
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #3 - Mar 26th, 2009 at 10:49pm

BMoneeTheMoneeMan wrote on Mar 26th, 2009 at 10:18pm:
I dont really consider it a treatment, but I do massage my temple/eye/forehead quite firmly when I get hit.  Sometimes, though, I just bang it on the counter.

and no, Linda, that doesn't mean I got laid last night........

Banging your head on the counter was my second tip for anything over a kip 4.......!

— Flann O'Brien

IP Logged

Lefty
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #4 - Mar 26th, 2009 at 11:11pm

Charlotte wrote on Mar 26th, 2009 at 10:47pm:
i110.photobucket.com/albums/n106/Charlotte_044/cluster%20buddies/100_1993.jpg

B was ending a heavy shadow and I was starting one.  I am a thumb jammer.  Someone asked us to do that ch thing, & that's why there's a pic.  Swimchica thought we were faking, when she saw it.

Charlotte

I'm a bit of a thumb jammer myself. Just looking at the photograph of you and B and see the way your elbow is positioned i would do the same on any hard object. i ended up getting Cubital tunnel syndrome, its something to do with a trapped nerve in your elbow. i got it from pressing so hard when i was trying to pull my left eyeball out of the socket just to give it a wee rest....! Grin

— Flann O'Brien

IP Logged

BMoneeTheMoneeMan
CH.com Alumnus

In remembrance of KingCazman.
RIP

Portland, OR
Reply #5 - Mar 26th, 2009 at 11:14pm

Charlotte wrote on Mar 26th, 2009 at 10:47pm:
i110.photobucket.com/albums/n106/Charlotte_044/cluster%20buddies/100_1993.jpg

B was ending a heavy shadow and I was starting one.  I am a thumb jammer.  Someone asked us to do that ch thing, & that's why there's a pic.  Swimchica thought we were faking, when she saw it.

Charlotte

Oyi vay, I remember how hot it was there.  It was like 160 degrees.  I have not gotten my ass whooped like that since that week I was in Cali and AZ......coming up on 2 years already, Char.

"Fool me once, shame on, shame on you.  Fool - can't get fooled again"&&&&&&Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half the population is stupider than that.&&&&

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #6 - Mar 27th, 2009 at 1:23pm

Not strange at all Lefty! I do the press massage at the base of the skull on the same side as the attack. Helps with the low level shadow hits.

And I can't even look at a pic like that one of you two in the "CH Pose" without getting a twinge!!! Ouch!

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!