Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Some days/nights worse than others... (Read 848 times)
jaconor
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Some days/nights worse than others...
Mar 25th, 2009 at 8:43am

I was hoping someone out there could give me your thoughts on why some days the attacks are worse or there are more of them than other days.  For instance, day before yesterday, I had only one small one that I was able to get rid of quite fast, but last night, I had 3 separate attacks.  The first one was unbearable, the 2nd two, which came 2 hours apart, and woke me up (which I absolutely HATE).  Those are the worst for me as I am sure for many of you.

Anyway, could it be that we're doing something different in the course of the day to make them worse, like bending over and causing blood to rush to the head, lifting heavy things, expending too much physical energy, maybe eating something.  I want to exercise, but I'm afraid that it may make the headaches more intense.

Any thoughts would be helpful.  Thanks so much for everyone's response on my very first forum question the other day. 

I have a second wind right now, but this afternoon I will be a walking zombie b/c of no sleep last night.

Sending out good karma to everyone!!!!! Smiley

IP Logged

on my knees
Ex Member

Re: Some days/nights worse than others...
Reply #1 - Mar 25th, 2009 at 11:05am

well the only normal about the beast is that it is ever changing in my experience.
some here help themselves during a hit with vigorous excercise, with me excessive physical excertion brings a hit on it seems.
thats my two cents worth and i am no doctor. Cheesy

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #2 - Mar 25th, 2009 at 11:47am

There are a couple of common triggers for many on the board. Alcohol, petroleum odors, extreme stress or sudden release from stress. The trick is keeping a log to try and identify the triggers YOU have. The problem with that, the beast is so unpredictable you're never 100% sure if it's a life style change on your part, or just the beast morphing again!

Probably not the answer you were looking for, but we have a saying on the board, the only thing predictable about the beast is its unpredictability! The good news is we're always here. Hang in there. Smiley

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Steambug
CH.com Junior

clock watching

Worcestershire, UK
Reply #3 - Mar 26th, 2009 at 3:44pm

For me, stress does bring on extra attacks. I was in hospital last night (not for my CH) and had 2 attacks back to back (with approx an hour gap in between), so I got an extra one after my usual evening one. Generally that's not a time of night that I get 2. I have found that physical stress brings them on more than emotional stress, but I try to avoid either and that makes trying to go to the gym interesting!!

IP Logged

Lefty
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #4 - Mar 26th, 2009 at 4:46pm

Alcohol, strong odours and stress are definitely triggers for ch attacks. I am currently on my sixth week of my cycle and although they are significantly weaker I foolishly decided to paint my garage as i did not have an attack for two days. Between 3pm and 8am the following morning i had 7 attacks. Every day I'm learning about these suckers...! My advice would be refrain from everything that guiseppi mentioned and lay low to your cycle ends. Hang in there and good luck......! ;)

"When money's tight and is hard to get
And your horse has also ran,
When all you have is a heap of debt
A PINT OF PLAIN IS YOUR ONLY MAN."
— Flann O'Brien

IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #5 - Mar 26th, 2009 at 8:09pm

Hello,

There is just no way to tell. But for me they are always at the same time of the day and night. I can tell you what time it is by the hits themself.  But then they stop for a day or two and i pick up a new one along the way, now three hits a day and so on.. and so on.. Untill im just getting pounded round the clock till im forced to the doctor to bust it up.

I wish you well..  Coach Bill

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!