Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
accupuncture (Read 2485 times)
jaconor
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

accupuncture
Mar 23rd, 2009 at 8:40am

has anyone tried accupunture to stop these clusters?  i'm desparate.  if you've had any luck, please share with me.  i've had clusters for more years than i can count, but this time they've switched sides on me, and they now are on my left side, and every single night they wake me up about an hour after i've fallen asleep.  last night i had one that lasted for 2 hours.  thank god my two young boys were sound asleep so they couldn't see their mother banging her head on the wall.  i took 2 fiorcet, didn't do a thing, two ibuprofen, didn't do a thing.  i don't have a neuro, just a GP, but i've called and left message for him to see about getting me referred to a neuro.  i have depression and this is really causing me great stress.  i'm worried that the melatonin is mixing in a negative way with my zoloft.  sorry for the ranting, but i'm miserable. Cry

IP Logged

black
CH.com Old Timer

I Love CH.com!

Greece,Athens
Re: accupuncture
Reply #1 - Mar 23rd, 2009 at 9:33am

I ve tried accupunture twice.Each time included 15 sessions. 
Unfortunately it proved to be a waste of time and money.

The first time was just a low cycle but i wasn't yet sure if it had something to do with the visits.The second time i started sessions again a few months later,the cycle was high and the sessions proved to be worthless from the beginning.
I wouldn't recommend it.It is much better move to find a good neuro and help you along this.

there are lots of things you can try if you haven't already
O2,Imitrex injections,energy drinks,Ice or heat packs 

welcome and stay strong
Smiley Smiley

Oh come on!it's just water.It can't be that bad!

IP Logged

QnHeartMM
CH.com Sponsor

I AM a Phoenix!

San Diego, CA
Reply #2 - Mar 23rd, 2009 at 2:08pm

Be sure to read up on the Oxygen info - see the button to the left highlighted in yellow. Read up, print out, and take to your MD. If he/she isn't comfortable then ask, no DEMAND, a referral to a neuro with experience with cluster headaches.

There is no need to suffer for 2 hours, most people here get very good results from O2. Plus there are so many things you can try for preventatives too.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Christy

Treat people with kind words.

IP Logged

jaconor
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #3 - Mar 23rd, 2009 at 10:06pm

i'm sorry, but i don't see a yellow button to left...can you help me out? Huh

IP Logged

Ray
CH.com Alumnus

Ray

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #4 - Mar 24th, 2009 at 8:31am

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Ray

You have my prayers and compassion-I'm right there with you.

Dum tempus habemus, operemur bonum

*While we have the time, let us do good*

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW raymond.schwartz759 rayplace raymond.schwartz759 raymond759  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #5 - Mar 24th, 2009 at 10:40am

Thanks Ray, I don't know why some peole don't get the tabs on the left!

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

monty
CH.com Hall of Famer

The Swamp, Florida
Reply #6 - Mar 24th, 2009 at 1:49pm

Guiseppi wrote on Mar 24th, 2009 at 10:40am:
Thanks Ray, I don't know why some peole don't get the tabs on the left!

Joe

I think some are generic and don't get attention, others are cryptic ('the devil') and others just don't jump out as damn good options for dealing with CH even though we know that they are.  That's ok - we'll just keep explaining it and pointing them to the secret caverns.  Sshhhh ... Its a secret!

« Last Edit: Mar 24th, 2009 at 1:53pm by monty »  

The outer boundary of what we currently believe is feasible is far short of what we actually must do.

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #7 - Mar 24th, 2009 at 2:57pm

Uh oh....as usual...I wasn't clear! Wink Some people's computers do not display those quick links on the left of their screen. A while back someone explained why that is but at my advanced age I've already long forgotten what the reason is!!!

I do like the secret caverns!!! Grin

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!