Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Belching? (Read 2322 times)
67skylark
CH.com Newbie

Just remember no matter
where you go there you
are

Petersburg, Va.
Belching?
Mar 22nd, 2009 at 7:44pm

Hey y'all
I hope i'm not being a pest, being a new kid and all. Just never had anyone to talk to about this stuff. My shadow will start with the TT,temple tingle. Sure made me laugh when I read that Smiley. Then yawning. eye tearing and then nostril plugging. But when the really long deep from my gut belch's start that's when I climb the scale pretty fast and hard. Anyone else get gassy?  Grin
Jim

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Re: Belching?
Reply #1 - Mar 22nd, 2009 at 7:46pm

Yep.

Kinder gentler Potter

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #2 - Mar 22nd, 2009 at 8:08pm

Nope.

WinkAnd there you have both sides of the coin.  LOL

Never apologize for being a pest, as you called it...this place exists for support, information and help.   Ask away.  Smiley

Linda

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

67skylark
CH.com Newbie

Just remember no matter
where you go there you
are

Petersburg, Va.
Reply #3 - Mar 22nd, 2009 at 8:20pm

Thanks.
LOL right back at ya. I hadn't seen the gas mentioned in all the medical stuff I had read.
Thanks to the both of ya.
Jim

IP Logged

Ray
CH.com Alumnus

Ray

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #4 - Mar 22nd, 2009 at 8:32pm

Hello:

When a person has a CH, their histamine levels go up.  That is thought to be the reason for the red tearing eye, runny/stuffy nose.  It also increases the digestive juices.  For me, I belch when I have a high kip level CH.

Wishing you well,

Ray

You have my prayers and compassion-I'm right there with you.

Dum tempus habemus, operemur bonum

*While we have the time, let us do good*

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW raymond.schwartz759 rayplace raymond.schwartz759 raymond759  
IP Logged

ANNSIE
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Mar 22nd, 2009 at 8:59pm

Yawning, sneezing, belching, tingling, eye wandering, getting hot ... yep my late husband had them all. This was how I could often tell that a hit was coming for him long before he started to feel any pain.

These are all symptoms of the autonomic nervous system starting to malfunction. They are also related to the climbing level of serotonin. Other neurotransmitters like histamine can play a role too.

However, these symptoms could occur at random, ie sometimes he had it and something he didnt.

These symptoms arent mentioned in the medical material because sufferers did not think to report them to the doctors, and the doctors didnt know they exist to ask.

IP Logged

GrandPotentate
CH.com Old Timer

mmmmmmmmmm

Michigan City, IN  USA
Reply #6 - Mar 22nd, 2009 at 10:54pm

I get gassy, but usually on the other end.  And I have not found that in the medical reports either.  So, does the headache make me gassy, or does stifling farts give me a headache?

Jon

IP Logged

monty
CH.com Hall of Famer

The Swamp, Florida
Reply #7 - Mar 23rd, 2009 at 8:59am

Never had much in the way of GI symptoms, but it wouldn't surprise me. There is more serotonin in the gut than anywhere else - some doctors call it our second brain. With the hypothalamus and body chemistry going off kilter, some people might respond with belching, gurgling, or farting.

The outer boundary of what we currently believe is feasible is far short of what we actually must do.

IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #8 - Mar 23rd, 2009 at 9:38am

I can't recall belching much, but I have been known to vomit at the end of a really high kip level hit.  I used to think that it was a reaction to the pain but now I think it may be a result of the serotonin in my gut.   Once I vomit, I know I'm close to the pain subsiding.

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

Steambug
CH.com Junior

clock watching

Worcestershire, UK
Reply #9 - Mar 23rd, 2009 at 11:17am

Yes! That's weird, I had noticed it, I get it with a shadow too, but I hadn't really thought anything of it - I did wonder if one of my drugs was causing it - but I guess not.....
I have horrendous GERD from taking prednisolone for so many years - so did wonder if it was that too - but you're right it does happen during a hit
« Last Edit: Mar 23rd, 2009 at 11:19am by Steambug »  

IP Logged

67skylark
CH.com Newbie

Just remember no matter
where you go there you
are

Petersburg, Va.
Reply #10 - Mar 24th, 2009 at 5:32pm

It's really funny sounding if you don't know whats causing the noise. I rip one after the other, long deep bold belch's. Maybe I should try and record a session, Chuck's vid is so hard to watch, made my big ol 6'6" 290lb cry when I saw it. Seeing me as my family has to really got to me. Thanks for posting that Chuck! I say that took a lot of courage to post. Maybe mine could give us all a laugh, audio only of course.
Jim

IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #11 - Mar 24th, 2009 at 5:47pm

YUP!  Right after a hit peaks for me I'll belch a ton.
« Last Edit: Mar 24th, 2009 at 5:51pm by Melissa »  

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
https://www.facebook.com/mellymoo92  
IP Logged

southwalessunshine
CH.com Veteran

caerphilly uk
Reply #12 - Mar 25th, 2009 at 5:35am

Haven't been aware of it but will look out for it later tday when I get hit.  I do vomit when I'm in kip 8 and over but not normal vomiting.  It's just bubbles and even if I'm in an episode when I'm getting hit after hit for days and haven't eaten for days and only sipped water, I'm still vomiting froth.  Never bile which I would'vr thought Would be the case after having nothing in my stomach and extensive vomiting.  Another weird thing....last 4 day hit, the bubbles had a blue tinge to it.  Strange!
I yawn a heck of a lot before I get hit too.  My partner often tells me I'm on my way to a CH just because of it.
x

keep your face to the sunshine and you will never see the shadow.&&Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much.&&Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.&&Helen keller

IP Logged

Kimmie
CH.com Veteran

OW!!

US
Reply #13 - Mar 25th, 2009 at 12:53pm

I get diarheaa. Smiley

I can't believe i just said that but hey, were family here!

...and just like family...they'll give me hell about that Smiley

To accept the challenge is the destiny of leadership.
WWW kimberlydismuke  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #14 - Mar 25th, 2009 at 1:16pm

Kimmie wrote on Mar 25th, 2009 at 12:53pm:
I get diarheaa. Smiley

I can't believe i just said that but hey, were family here!

...and just like family...they'll give me hell about that Smiley

It's oft been said we're like a bunch of old Italian men on this board. Happily discussing our various bodily functions like we're discussing the weather!!!! Grin On the other hand, it's awful nice to be able to discuss it! Whether it's little Elvis falling asleep because of the verapamil, leaving for work buck naked cuz the topomax made you forget to get dressed, or wondering why in the hell a good BM becomes critical just as the pain is peaking! God I love this place! Wink

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #15 - Mar 25th, 2009 at 1:37pm

A good BM???? What's that?  Verapamil is making things difficult in that area for me. Undecided

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

67skylark
CH.com Newbie

Just remember no matter
where you go there you
are

Petersburg, Va.
Reply #16 - Mar 26th, 2009 at 4:51pm

Wow I aint as strange as I thought then. The BM thing seems to help me too.
JIm

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #17 - Mar 27th, 2009 at 12:53pm

67skylark wrote on Mar 26th, 2009 at 4:51pm:
Wow I aint as strange as I thought then. The BM thing seems to help me too.
JIm

Oh you could very well be as strange as you thought! Wink Someone started a thread about the BM thing a while back and I was amazed at the number of responses! Funny the stuff we all have in common.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!