Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
First time this has ever happened (Read 3471 times)
Emjay
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Re: First time this has ever happened
Reply #25 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 8:39pm

I find that I am in the "pattern" of waking up in the night around the time that I would be hit.  I thought that it was just because I had a month of night hits and was now in the "habit."  I take 10mg of melatonin and it seems to knock me out enough to get back to sleep even though I still waken...  I am in a suppressed cycle since we increased the Verapamil.

So, Brew, you have me thinking that it is just the beast wanting to get out of the Verapamil and Melatonin cage.  May his lack of success continue!

Never thought about the benadryl...

Enjoy the PF time!

IP Logged

GrandPotentate
CH.com Old Timer

mmmmmmmmmm

Michigan City, IN  USA
Reply #26 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 10:53pm

Hang in there, Brew.  You deserve the break.

This is the first thread that I recall with some folks reporting "off" years.  We may have had these mild cycles earlier and just chalked it up to bad sinus before getting a real cycle.  Gosh, I wish I could figure out how to control this....

Jon

IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #27 - Mar 20th, 2009 at 10:35am

Brew wrote on Mar 19th, 2009 at 10:53am:
My immediate reaction is that when I wake up in the middle of the night after having taken 9mg, I feel drunk, and I stumble to the bathroom.

That's how I felt when I took 12mg.  I think my body was telling me I was taking too much, so I halved it to 6mg which worked great for awhile until I started having less sleep time inbetween attacks.  I then bumped up to 9mg and I was able to have 6 hour stretches.

Oh, and to answer the ?.  Yes, I have woken up at a certain time after falling asleep for several nights in a row (a week?).  I wasn't in cycle at the time though and I thought it had something to do with my internal clock.  So I turned my alarm clock to the wall so I couldn't see it and after I few nights I quit waking up at night.

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
https://www.facebook.com/mellymoo92  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!