Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
An abortive that actually works. (Read 15254 times)
MartinL
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Re: An abortive that actually works.
Reply #25 - Mar 18th, 2009 at 8:03pm

We see this as an interim solution for immediate relief and nothing else while we seek less evasive and potentially less threatening solutions. He has begun Magnesium and Melatonin treatments as well. He did not respond to O2.

One thing to consider is the amount we are talking about here. 1/4th a cigarette aka a few puffs not ever a full cigarette has been needed.  Add to that, the absorbing rate of smoking pot is 15% through a cigarette. You can do the math but we're not talking about a great deal into the blood stream.

I really don't believe it's killing the pain as such. That small amount of weed is not enough to kill the intense pain of these things. I know when I had these, it took something like Demerol at the hospital to kill just the pain and even then it did not relieve the pressure for me. Something else must be happening. What exactly that is we do not know.

One advantage of the tinctures are the flash (vaporizing) points of certain cannibinods. You can literally cook out most of the THC and still have the benefits of the other cannibnoids. In this case you can take it in small doses and never feel stoned as such. That's exactly what I did, I cooked out the part that get's you high. The effects at most is a relaxed sensation, similar to 1/2 of a 5mg Valium depending on how many drops you take.

It must be attaching to some receptors or nerve agents or perhaps the part of the brain that controls dilation or contraction. One thing seems clear, it has worked repeatedly for him as a near instant abort.

What we are testing now is the longevity. He usually has a headache before 7:00 am. Usually it is before 3:00 but the added Melatonin seems to have adjusted his clock so the headaches are coming later. That's interesting enough on it's own.

He had a CH coming on earlier today and took a few drops of the tincture, which aborted the headache. His report in the morning may shed some light on the longevity of this treatment.

I'll report back if there is any interest. Otherwise, all I can say is YMMV.

IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Mar 18th, 2009 at 8:53pm

Martin,

I think that you have found, and will continue to see some resistance simply because it's been tried by so many people so many time for so many years, that we become skeptical. I'm not saying that it doesn't work for your son, it's just so far from the norm for Clusterheads.

Imagine for a moment if I logged in here and said that I discovered that drinking lots and lots of Scotch was my abortive. I realize it's not the same thing, but the analogy is for illustrative purposes.

As a 12 chronic sufferer, I most certainly understand the dire need to abort the pain.

Respectfully,

Marc
« Last Edit: Mar 18th, 2009 at 8:55pm by Marc »  

IP Logged

MartinL
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #27 - Mar 18th, 2009 at 9:47pm

Hey Marc,

I'm not trying to sell anything to anyone, just reporting.

I did find something new just now.
The way it works on pain is there is specific nerves that deal with pain. They are called vanilloid-Receptors. Anandamide(sanscript word for "Blissful Amide"), the bodies internally produced marijuana binds with the nerve endings, reducing pain. Anandamides are produced internally by our bodies in response to a whole variety of conditions. As an example, Aspirin prevents the breakdown of Anandamide, the internally produced marijuana to activate & start working at easing pain.

This was pulled from an article I found here. It was part of #12.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

I repeat, I don't know why it works.

IP Logged

ANNSIE
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Mar 18th, 2009 at 10:25pm

Martin, I appreciate your sharing your son's experience with MJ and CH.

May I make a suggestion that can lead to the common good of all please : Would your son start and keep a detailed diary of his headaches and his experience using this formula of MJ as abortive, send it to the neurologists from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York, who reported the first single case of similar finding ?

I am sure they would be more than interested in following up your son's case and maybe able to work out how and if this method really works. 

IP Logged

wildhaus
CH.com Alumnus

Wildhaus|Switzerland
Reply #29 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 7:50am

Just some references to cannabis known also as marijuana:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Dronabinol, is the main psychoactive substance found in the Cannabis:

info about Medical Cannabis:

I could not find (for now) any reference to a study or documentation about CH and Cannabis, other then the observation made in The Montefiore Headache Center, Saul R. Korey Department of Neurology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA.
"Cluster attacks responsive to recreational cannabis and dronabinol," Headache journal, Feb. 2009.

I am looking via my neurologist and the pain clinic in St. Gallen Switzerland if they are aware of any publication or study, explicitly in relation to CH

I will be grateful if Bob Wald will add some info, if he has any, I think he is the most competent person (that I know) that could shade some light into this subject

Michael

IP Logged

MartinL
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #30 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 8:29am

I'm now speaking directly through email with a doctor in CO who is an advocate for MMJ therapy. He is giving me a direct referral to speak with Dr Robert Melamede. More details about Dr. Melamede findings can be read here.

Look at #30. This may be a partial key to what is happening.
"Cannabinoids modulate pain peripherally. In our bodies there are special kinds of pain receptors, known as Vanaloid receptors & they are sensitive to things like heat & excessive pressure & they are responsible for pain. It turns out that a natural regulator of that that down-regulates pain. The endocannabinoid known as Anandamide, the blissful amide, when you combine Sanskrit for ananda & amide for the chemical type. It's clearly known that cannabis can regulate pain, that's been done in numerous studies, but recently , as we learn more about the molecular mechanisms of pain & cannabinoid action what we have now learned is that there is a lot of crosstalk between the cannabinoid system & the morphine, the opioid system. The name of an article that just came out is called Chronic morphine modulates the contents of the endocannabinoid tuorachidonalglycerol in the rat brain."

I found something on the referenced article here.

One thing I keep reading over and over is that there is one particular Cannabinoid that is responsible for pain relief. I will ask the doctor which one. I seem to recall the highest amount of this one Cannabinoid is produced in Hemp, not Pot, but will try and clarify.

IP Logged

Ray
CH.com Alumnus

Ray

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #31 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 8:49am

Having been a pot-head 10+ years ago and having had chronic clusters at the time, I can say that FOR ME pot smoking was a trigger not a cure.  I denied it for a while, but soon I couldn't even deny it any longer.  Get high, an hour later, have a CH 90% of the time.  About the same as having a drink.

Good luck to you and your sons,

Ray

You have my prayers and compassion-I'm right there with you.

Dum tempus habemus, operemur bonum

*While we have the time, let us do good*

WWW raymond.schwartz759 rayplace raymond.schwartz759 raymond759  
IP Logged

MartinL
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #32 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 9:03am

Here are the vaporizing points: If the theory holds true, heating the pot to over 314* should eliminate the THC while leaving the others.  This would mean you get the good "noids" without the THC high.

Phytocannabinoids, their boiling points, and properties

Δ-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)
Boiling point: 157*C / 314.6 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Euphoriant, Analgesic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antiemetic

cannabidiol (CBD)
Boiling point: 160-180*C / 320-356 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Anxiolytic, Analgesic, Antipsychotic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antispasmodic

Cannabinol (CBN)
Boiling point: 185*C / 365 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Oxidation, breakdown, product, Sedative, Antibiotic

cannabichromene (CBC)
Boiling point: 220*C / 428 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antifungal

cannabigerol (CBG)
Boiling point: MP52

Δ-8-tetrahydrocannabinol (Δ-8-THC)
Boiling point: 175-178*C / 347-352.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Resembles Δ-9-THC, Less psychoactive, More stable Antiemetic

tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV)
Boiling point: < 220*C / <428 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Analgesic, Euphoriant

I have also read that companies are producing new strains of marijuana for isolation and increased potency of the above listed Cannabinoids to treat specific types of afflictions.

Just got a report from my son. He took his tincture at 2:30 pm yesterday which aborted the attack. He reports he did not have a headache this morning. His pattern is one headache early AM and one mid afternoon. He will call me once he has another attack but this could indicate some residual relief.

IP Logged

monty
CH.com Hall of Famer

The Swamp, Florida
Reply #33 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 9:25am

Wouldn't be my first, second or tenth choice as a therapy, but many people need to try 11 or 12 things to find decent relief.  The conventional wisdom is that this treatment does nothing or makes things worse (and I think that is generally correct) but we are starting to see evidence that a small minority may indeed have clear benefits.

One research note that bears mentioning: another plant that hits the anandamide receptors is echinacea (coneflower). It hits a different subset (CB2 instead of CB1, as marijuana does).  It is the alkamide component of echinacea that does this - if you use a tincture, the alkamides will cause a prickly feeling in the mouth, so it is possible to gauge the activity of a preparation.  Whether it as an effective substitute for grass or not, I don't know.

In Ayurveda, echinacea is tamasic, which roughly means heavy, dulling - the same is obviously true of marijuana.  Another tamasic plant that a few have reported useful is hops. Hops is in the cannabis family. Hops has been shown to hit the melatonin receptors, no word on the cannabis receptors (I think it probably does - I don't drink beer much because it zombifies me in a way other alcohol does not, and I am sensitive to CB disruption).

MartinL wrote on Mar 18th, 2009 at 9:47pm:
...  Anandamide(sanscript word for "Blissful Amide") ...

LOL - a minor typo that anyone could make, but very funny. "Sanscript" could mean "without letters" or unwritten.  The unwritten word for bliss is very powerful - it was featured prominently in Buddha's Flower Sermon. Back to our regularly scheduled programming.
« Last Edit: Mar 19th, 2009 at 10:03am by monty »  

The outer boundary of what we currently believe is feasible is far short of what we actually must do.

IP Logged

MartinL
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #34 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 9:56am

Smoking and glycerin Tincture appear to have the exact same relief result.

I have an email now into Dr. Melamede asking him to speak directly to my CH results. I'll post back his comments.

What I can't qualify now is if the effects of this morning were due to the Magnesium/Melatonin treatments. It may be those offering the residual effects not the tincture. I have more questions than answers.
He is taking 400ng of magnesium and 5 mg of Melatonin once daily.

On a side note, I have somewhat of a biological clock disorder. This has been linked to CH. Melatonin is used to regulate the clock, so we started that therapy a few days ago. Low magnesium levels have also been witnessed in CH sufferers, so I have taken measures to increase those levels as well.

I also agree, smoking Pot was not my first choice of abortive either. But if it works for now, then it makes sense to look at it closer while other alternatives are sought.

The only thing I can say with any certainty is that he is pain free as of this morning.

It's interesting and worth a discussion. My son reports if he drinks 2 beers, he's guaranteed a CH. If he drinks 6 beers no headache. Just another mystery to add to all this.
« Last Edit: Mar 19th, 2009 at 10:14am by MartinL »  

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #35 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 10:29am

MartinL wrote on Mar 19th, 2009 at 9:56am:
Smoking and glycerin Tincture appear to have the exact same relief result.

I have an email now into Dr. Melamede asking him to speak directly to my CH results. I'll post back his comments.

What I can't qualify now is if the effects of this morning were due to the Magnesium/Melatonin treatments. It may be those offering the residual effects not the tincture. I have more questions than answers.
He is taking 400ng of magnesium and 5 mg of Melatonin once daily.

On a side note, I have somewhat of a biological clock disorder. This has been linked to CH. Melatonin is used to regulate the clock, so we started that therapy a few days ago. Low magnesium levels have also been witnessed in CH sufferers, so I have taken measures to increase those levels as well.

I also agree, smoking Pot was not my first choice of abortive either. But if it works for now, then it makes sense to look at it closer while other alternatives are sought.

The only thing I can say with any certainty is that he is pain free as of this morning.

It's interesting and worth a discussion. My son reports if he drinks 2 beers, he's guaranteed a CH. If he drinks 6 beers no headache. Just another mystery to add to all this.

Be pretty dumb to just have two beers then.  How bout if he drinks a twelve pack?

Kinder gentler Potter

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #36 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 10:36am

I gotta say Martin, compared to most others who have come through here like a streaking comet, preaching "pot cures" then disappearing, you are a man who has clearly researched this.

As I say to anyone who has found something that works, you're an idiot if you stop because "someone else" tells you it doesn't work. Do keep us posted on the research.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #37 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 11:24am

Martin,

At the risk of being repetitive, your son does not sound like a typical Cluster Headache sufferer - two beers is bad, but a six pack is OK?

Seriously, I would have him reevaluated by a competent neurologist to rule out other potential problems which in fact could be dangerous.

Best of luck

Marc

IP Logged

monty
CH.com Hall of Famer

The Swamp, Florida
Reply #38 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 11:47am

I've heard others say that alcohol triggers, but staying drunk prevents. Not really practical advice unless one wants to be an alcoholic. But the effects of alcohol may change - depletion of nitric oxide or other effects may kick in with heavy doses or continual usage. Moderate alcohol increases nitric oxide and lowers blood pressure; chronic use of alcohol seems to deplete it and raise blood pressure (among other things).
« Last Edit: Mar 19th, 2009 at 11:52am by monty »  

The outer boundary of what we currently believe is feasible is far short of what we actually must do.

IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #39 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 2:46pm

I'll let you guys continue to hash out:

- Smoking pot to abort CH's
- Consuming large quantities of alcohol to avoid being hit

Not my approach......I'll stick with O2 thank you.
« Last Edit: Mar 19th, 2009 at 2:48pm by Marc »  

IP Logged

Steambug
CH.com Junior

clock watching

Worcestershire, UK
Reply #40 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 3:09pm

thanks for sharing your experience, sadly when I tried cannabis in desperation one evening it made things a whole lot worse, oddly though I have found that smoking a regular cigaratte has worked (although certainly not every time), I gave up smoking 6 months ago and have no intention of starting up again. I decided on balance its not worth it (strong coffee works better for the 'lesser' hits)

IP Logged

monty
CH.com Hall of Famer

The Swamp, Florida
Reply #41 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 3:11pm

I'm not saying that drinking alcohol is a good treatment - merely that there have been others here have reported that continuous drinking can suppress hits. I rarely drink (never in cycle) and I don't use pot. I also made it clear that most people don't see improvement from THC, while many get worse. 

The fact that someone has an atypical pattern of clusters, or responds very differently from most of us is bound to raise suspicions of misdiagnosis etc.  We need to recognize that this is not the norm.  But I think we should listen.

Consider the comments of Ave, who had 650+ posts when she wrote this:

IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #42 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 3:27pm

Yup, I actually remember the post. And Yup, I'm chronic and I've done the same thing as Ave.

My concern has more to do with the massive influx of new folks, many of whom are desperate and seize upon seemingly easy answers. I've seen the depth of your research for years, so I understand your analytical approach to this, but most folks won't expend the effort to realize that they are not atypical.

Marc

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #43 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 3:36pm

Sorry, but these two just don't jive in my head:

MartinL wrote on Mar 18th, 2009 at 4:51pm:
I'm not scientist, I'm just a Dad.

MartinL wrote on Mar 19th, 2009 at 9:03am:
Here are the vaporizing points: If the theory holds true, heating the pot to over 314* should eliminate the THC while leaving the others.  This would mean you get the good "noids" without the THC high.

Phytocannabinoids, their boiling points, and properties

Δ-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)
Boiling point: 157*C / 314.6 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Euphoriant, Analgesic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antiemetic

cannabidiol (CBD)
Boiling point: 160-180*C / 320-356 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Anxiolytic, Analgesic, Antipsychotic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antispasmodic

Cannabinol (CBN)
Boiling point: 185*C / 365 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Oxidation, breakdown, product, Sedative, Antibiotic

cannabichromene (CBC)
Boiling point: 220*C / 428 degree Fahrenheit

cannabigerol (CBG)
Boiling point: MP52

Δ-8-tetrahydrocannabinol (Δ-8-THC)
Boiling point: 175-178*C / 347-352.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Resembles Δ-9-THC, Less psychoactive, More stable Antiemetic

tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV)
Boiling point: < 220*C / <428 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Analgesic, Euphoriant

I have also read that companies are producing new strains of marijuana for isolation and increased potency of the above listed Cannabinoids to treat specific types of afflictions.

Just got a report from my son. He took his tincture at 2:30 pm yesterday which aborted the attack. He reports he did not have a headache this morning. His pattern is one headache early AM and one mid afternoon. He will call me once he has another attack but this could indicate some residual relief.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

MartinL
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #44 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 6:12pm

They didn't jive in my head either. I need to understand what's actually going on as much as possible. What's safe, what's effective if any. If that means I have to learn something new, I'll do that.

My son has a problem I'm trying to fix it but if he is self dosing, I need to understand as much as I can, so I put in my time to try and source good material on the subject. I have not and won't ever claim to be anything other than just an average father.

If my son tells me it works, I don't even need to know why or how. What I do need to know is how safe this is and how can I make his discovery the most effective with the minimal side effects.

The chart you referred to are the vaporizing points of the "noids" inside pot. If I can heat it to temps that destroy the THC, he will have the others to benefit him without the side effects of feeling high. I didn't make those numbers but found from a reputable source. That's useful information in my mind.

My next question was how can he dose in a non-obtrusive manner. A few drops under the tongue was the answer, but then it was a matter of delivery and absorption rate. Smoking is said to be fastest, tinctures are second and glycerin tinctures provide a higher absorption rate than alcohol based tinctures. It doesn't take a scientist to point to the best solution. All it takes is someone to look hard with an open mind.

There was much more to all this than just that but I'll spare everyone.

I can report he did have another headache today after 11:00. So apparently there was little or no residual effect from yesterdays dosages. It is interesting that the headaches are coming later. He has not had an afternoon headache as of the time of this post.

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #45 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 6:16pm

One headache a day?

Kinder gentler Potter

IP Logged

MartinL
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #46 - Mar 20th, 2009 at 5:33pm

He averages 2 headaches a day.

I received an email back from Dr. Melamede. Here is his response to my question as to why my son is seeing some relief from tinctures and CH. I also asked about Hemp as a substitute.

Marijuana works because in mimics marijuana-chemical that we all produce that literally regulate everything in your body. I have met many people with migraines for whom cannabis is effective. THC is responsible for much of the pain relieving properties of marijuana through its actions on the CB1 and CB2 receptors. So hemp should not be directly effective for pain as modulated by these receptors. On the other hand, non psychoactive CBD is an anti inflammatory and additionally does interact with other pain-related glycine receptors. A lot of what is going on with cannabis and migraines may actually be do to cannabis addressing biochemical imbalances that are responsible for the pain. Your son may actually have an endocannabinoid deficiency. If it were me I would also supplement my diet with hemp or fish oil so that I am sure to get enough essential fatty acids to may endocannabinoids. I attached a relevant paper.

drbob
(The paper he sent to me is on the web here.)

« Last Edit: Mar 20th, 2009 at 5:44pm by MartinL »  

IP Logged

ANNSIE
Ex Member

Reply #47 - Mar 20th, 2009 at 5:58pm

Martin,

One point I would like to clarify is that on one post you said MJ did not work as a pain killer, that it worked in some other presently unknown ways as an abortive, yet all the information you quoted including the email from Dr Melamede is about pain control mechanism of MJ.

So which is it ? Abortive or pain control ?

If indeed your son has an endocannabinoid deficiency leading to extra sensitive CB1/CB2 receptors, then taking Omega 3 would be just as effective and less dangerous than MJ.

I also notice that your son is taking Melatonin and Magnesium. Its going to be difficult to tell if the relief is not due to those two working.

Lastly, did your son keep a headache diary for the previous cycles? Could he be coming to the end of the cycle anyway?

I am not playing the devil advocate here, but since CH can be affected by so many different things, its important to rule out other factors to be able to get a clear picture. I understand the drive to find and believe in a magic bullet and often hope clouds our judgement.

Have you written to the neurologists at the Albert Einstein College ? They would be in a better position to share how they thought it would work and in what cases ?

One more thing your son may consider doing which would be really helpful is to videotape himself taking a hit, how he doses with this tincture and how the hit is aborted. Similar videos had been made demonstrating how high flow oxygen works and that was found to be hugely helpful to many people.

Thanks again for sharing.

IP Logged

monty
CH.com Hall of Famer

The Swamp, Florida
Reply #48 - Mar 20th, 2009 at 6:29pm

Interesting paper.

Using fish oil as a precursor is also an interesting possibility.

The paper mentioned inhibiting an enzyme called fatty acid amide hydrolase (FAAH) - this enzyme breaks down anandamide in the body, and inhibiting it should elevate anandamide.

A quick search shows a few things that can inhibit FAAH:

Kaempferol
7-hydroxyflavone
3,7-dihydroxyflavone

Genistein and daidzein...  Kudzu contains these 2 molecules (as does soy), in addition to another compound of interest that may or may not work in this way (puerarin).  

In the body, anandamide is synthesized from phospatidylcholine.

Research has shown that clusterheads have a deficiency of choline (and I would presume phosphatidyl choline).  A rich dietary source of phosphatidylcholine? Soy.

Although I am tempted to classify cluster headaches as a form of tofu-deficiency, I will not. (Yet.)

Acetominophen is also a FAAH inhibitor.  Oh well.

I'm out for the weekend, so I'll let you all put these pieces together.  

I'm going to stop taking kudzu and melatonin, and after a night of pain to verify my in-cycleness, I'm going to dig up my bottle of choline and take a stiff dose for a few days.  I love science.

Quote:
Br Med J (Clin Res Ed). 1984 Jan 28;288(6413):268-70.

Erythrocyte choline concentrations and cluster headache.

Erythrocyte choline concentrations were measured in patients with cluster headache and age related control subjects. Concentrations were significantly reduced in the patients with headache both during a cluster period and between clusters, being 58% and 55% of the control value, respectively. After two weeks' treatment with lithium, choline concentrations in the patients with cluster headache increased to 78 times the control value (mean 369.2 mumol/l (3840 micrograms/100 ml) compared with 4.7 mumol/l (49 micrograms/100 ml]. The presence of depressed erythrocyte choline concentrations during and between cluster attacks indicates that this may be a predisposing condition which results in a cluster attack only when associated with a trigger factor.
« Last Edit: Mar 20th, 2009 at 6:32pm by monty »  

IP Logged

MartinL
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #49 - Mar 20th, 2009 at 6:58pm

The reason I didn't think it was just pain killer is because he reported no pressure behind the eye. His are identical to mine in location and symptoms, top right of the head. Another point, I believed I had vaporized the THC when I made the tincture however as Dr. Bob just stated the THC is the prime component in pain therapy.

Obviously, I'm not sure what's going on. When he knows the headache is a certainty, that's when he uses the tinctures and the hit goes away before it escalates. If he never had a headache, he would not ever use the tincture. He does not want pot in his system.

You're right about too many things at once. How will I know what works? I have a bottle of fish oil out now to give him and have been researching Kudzu today as well. I'm trying everything I know to try that's on the natural cure side of the equation.

I have written the Albert Einstein school but have not heard back.

He would never do a video, he's ashamed of doing any drugs. It's as simple as an eyedropper and a few drops under the tongue and hold for 2 minutes. Dosing amounts can be tricky though and someone has to test the dosage. That was me in this case and I diluted the tincture to only allow for a slight relaxed feeling. Once I knew it was only about the same effect of 2mg of Valium, I let my son try it with my tight supervision for two days, once he knew how much to take, I sent him with a very small bottle. One could argue tinctures are safer and less harmful than smoking it but then pot is not good in any amount.

None of this is safe and I only wish they would just go away. That's not happening, so I will continue to seek and fight on. He did have a shadow this morning, took some aspirin then the tincture, he said once again, the tincture did the trick before the aspirin even had time to dissolve. In my mind, using it this way is an abortive.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!