Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
nasal sprays any1 tried these?? (Read 3229 times)
marie
CH.com Junior

ouch

nasal sprays any1 tried these??
Mar 17th, 2009 at 10:00pm

my dr has priscribed these instead on the injections but dont no anyhting about them??

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
[url=http://lilypie.com]Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or RegisterMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register[/url
marie marieellerton  
IP Logged

Dennis
CH.com Junior

People's Republic of Mass.
Re: nasal sprays any1 tried these??
Reply #1 - Mar 17th, 2009 at 11:22pm

Hi Marie,

What kind of nasal sprays?  I've had some success aborting attacks with Zomig sprays. and to a lesser extent with Imitrex sprays.  They take just a bit longer to work than injections, but they can be quite effective for some.  I hope they work for you.

Dennis  

IP Logged

marie
CH.com Junior

ouch

Reply #2 - Mar 18th, 2009 at 4:32am

thanks dennis i tried the injections 1st but they didnt work at all just made me feel ll i been given sumatriptan succinate at 0.1 mil

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
[url=http://lilypie.com]Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or RegisterMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register[/url
marie marieellerton  
IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Mar 18th, 2009 at 11:04am

marie wrote on Mar 18th, 2009 at 4:32am:
.....................I tried the injections 1st but they didnt work at all ..............

That is indeed unusual for Cluster Headaches. Have you tried Oxygen?

IP Logged

Steambug
CH.com Junior

clock watching

Worcestershire, UK
Reply #4 - Mar 18th, 2009 at 2:05pm

I tried sumatriptan nasal spray 1st time last night, it worked in 10 mins but made me vomit. Going to try it again tonight (provided I get my usual one near 8-ish), if I throw up again I'm going to ask my GP for the injector instead.

IP Logged

marie
CH.com Junior

ouch

Reply #5 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 3:12pm

the injectiona nd spray is exacty the same just u dont get asoar leg with the spray i used the nasal spray and it made me fele the same ill but didnt do naything 4 the headache!

marie marieellerton  
IP Logged

superhawk2300
CH.com Hall of Famer

New Berlin, WI
Reply #6 - Mar 20th, 2009 at 9:21am

I've used Migrinal with good success! Fast acting and I seem to get less rebound hits.

WWW 1107217852  
IP Logged

loads
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #7 - Mar 20th, 2009 at 6:28pm

I have tried the nasal spray (Imitrex) and it was a waste of time, as was the tablet form.

The Injections worked for me every time without fail within about 3 minutes.

I am surprised the injections do not work for you.  Are you sure they are Cluster Headaches? as the injections will not get rid of other forms of headaches as it is not a pain killer.

IP Logged

marie
CH.com Junior

ouch

Reply #8 - Mar 21st, 2009 at 9:53am

ive been told it is im t underivestigation for other nuro problems i hope it is ch as the med sim on

marie marieellerton  
IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #9 - Mar 21st, 2009 at 10:01am

marie wrote on Mar 21st, 2009 at 9:53am:
ive been told it is im t underivestigation for other nuro problems i hope it is ch as the med sim on

What language is this?

Kinder gentler Potter

IP Logged

marie
CH.com Junior

ouch

Reply #10 - Mar 21st, 2009 at 12:49pm

sorry was ina  rush when i typed that. i have been told it was clusterheadaches(see in introducing post) but am currently under investigation for other nurological problems. i hpe it is after all the meds ive taken xx

marie marieellerton  
IP Logged

curlywatts
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

UK
Reply #11 - Apr 2nd, 2009 at 7:37pm

I have used Imigran (sumatriptan) 20mg nasal spray for some time with no side affects.
Releive pain 5/10 minutes.
« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2009 at 7:38pm by curlywatts »  

IP Logged

Antonia
CH.com Newbie

Make it stop!

Toronto, Canada
Reply #12 - Apr 2nd, 2009 at 10:40pm

Imitrex Nasal Spray works like a charm. A girl can't always travel with oxygen. It does give me heartburn though. I find that rather weird.

WWW Antonia Zerbisias  
IP Logged

ANNSIE
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Apr 3rd, 2009 at 1:25am

It worked well for my late husband but it still gave him the same weird feeling as with the injection and it worked a bit less quickly.

It works for migraine too.

IP Logged

dhames1428
CH.com Newbie

Thanks, I'll try Ibuprofen.
Hadn't thought of that

Plano, TX
Reply #14 - Apr 9th, 2009 at 3:31pm

Imitrex nasal spray never worked for me... just made me vomit.  My neurologist says that because the nasal tissue often swells during an attack, the nasal spray does not work for most people.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id  
IP Logged

Chris Morrow
CH.com Veteran

Messin' with Sasquatch

Asheville, NC
Reply #15 - Apr 9th, 2009 at 6:37pm

Both Zomig and Imitrex sprays have worked well for me.

IP Logged

Sophia
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Reply #16 - Apr 13th, 2009 at 6:09am

Have you tried taking dramamine first and then doing the nose spray? I have to do that with the injections or I vomit. Oh joy these CH just keep adding to the fun in our lives.  Angry
Sophia

IP Logged

chrisw
CH.com Old Timer

x0|turnersville|NJ,USA
Reply #17 - Apr 16th, 2009 at 10:50pm

the spray worked for me until my hits became more severe.  I cant see how the spray could work for you if the injection didnt work, its the same meds, and the injection gets it in faster and more effectively.

christine neville weaver  
IP Logged

icedragon
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Apr 17th, 2009 at 12:40am

The nasal sprays are bigger doses than the stat dose that could be one reason why it could work better.  Also, it is possible that a person could inject the dose into the wrong area/body tissue completely missing the sub q and injecting it IM.  just a thought.

Thomas

IP Logged

barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus

Mountain Biking Keeps
Me Sane

Bracebridge, Canada
Reply #19 - Apr 17th, 2009 at 7:07am

o2 is my #1 abortive, has never failed me yet and with NO SIDE EFFECTS!

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!