Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
was an idiot last night (Read 2231 times)
Steambug
CH.com Junior

clock watching

Worcestershire, UK
was an idiot last night
Mar 15th, 2009 at 5:04am

well as title says I was stupid last night, I've not drunk alcohol since this cycle began, but did have some yesterday evening (thought maybe it didnt trigger everyone), I'd already had two attacks in the morning, but had 3 from utter depths of hell last night and bad shadows all in between, taught me a lesson at least. Usually I get 2 attacks a day but had 5 yesterday.

Tried strong coffee for attack number 3 which aborted it after a little while, but number 4 came on pretty quickly and more coffee didnt help. Gonna go back to the GP tomorrow and batter them into doing something, got to think of a way to make them actually do something helpful.

IP Logged

Katie
CH.com Junior

I just get 'those' headaches.

England
Re: was an idiot last night
Reply #1 - Mar 15th, 2009 at 5:55am

<<<hug>>>
I sit there looking at the nice cool bottle of Blandford Fly in the fridge that I bought five weeks ago...*sighs*. Its so easy to do!

Its a hard and painful lesson to learn and I am so sorry your riding more than a mere hangover from hell.

Call your neuro again tomorrow as well as seeing your GP.
If you can cope with triptains ask about imigran nasal spray you can only use them twice a day [20mg] but they can help nail the really nasty heads down to just bloody sore in 10-15 minutes and put off some of the shadows and smaller hits on bad pain days.

My guess is you will have a fight on your hands to get the auto-injectors without a letter at least faxed from your neuro to your GP. Ask your Neuro about O2 too as your GP is not following BASH guidelines. [ Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register ]

Looks like your going to be living on coffee today, consider sending someone out to buy a case of redbull if your suffering a lot. I prefer the taste of coffee but find if it really hurts that stuff very cold can help more than even a good coffee.

Hoping the super charged beastie runs out of inholic fueling soon and you can get some rest.

Pain is no evil unless it conquers us.  

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #2 - Mar 15th, 2009 at 7:45am

It's a lesson we all have to learn and relearn occasionally.  Sorry for your pain.  I hope today goes better.

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

ANNSIE
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Mar 15th, 2009 at 7:49am

I have heard that hits resulting from alcohol intake can be abated by drinking a lot of ice cold green tea since it combats both the ethanol molecule, dilute the alcohol content in the blood as well as inducing some vasoconstriction.

Has anyone tried this ?

It works well for alcohol induced migraines too.

IP Logged

Steambug
CH.com Junior

clock watching

Worcestershire, UK
Reply #4 - Mar 15th, 2009 at 7:59am

thanks, I think the beast ran out of the alcoholic fuel in the night, today is a lot better, i.e. no more than usual so far thank god

wont be doing that again in cycle!

IP Logged

retrovertigo
CH.com Junior

If I'm here I'm likely
in cycle

x0|storrs|USA||0|0|CT,Connecticut
Reply #5 - Mar 15th, 2009 at 9:41am

I love beer and tend to enjoy at least 1 a day. But I will wait a good month after my cycle is apparently over before indulging. I will not chance relapsing into a cycle. Alcohol has that pronounced and immediate of a correlation with bringing on CH for me.

Why?

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #6 - Mar 15th, 2009 at 9:53am

Steambug wrote on Mar 15th, 2009 at 7:59am:
wont be doing that again in cycle!

Understood.  Talk about aversive conditioning...   Wink  I do believe that I'd rather flatten my big toe with a three-pound hammer than drink alcohol during a cycle.

Nevertheless, I've made the same mistake.  It isn't pretty.  Tongue  I'm just glad the effects only last until the alcohol is metabolized.

Best,

George    
« Last Edit: Mar 15th, 2009 at 9:54am by George »  

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

GrandPotentate
CH.com Old Timer

mmmmmmmmmm

Michigan City, IN  USA
Reply #7 - Mar 18th, 2009 at 10:47pm

Bummer, eh?  Trust me, the second and third time are no better.  Beer and loud smoky bars are off limits; I tend to lead a pretty monastic existence while in cycle.  The beer test is well commented as a way to determine if a cycle is really over.  BTW, Chinese food is also on my list.

Unfortunately, abstinence removes only a trigger, and we still need to deal with this thing.  I hope your hits are mild, and your cycle short.

Jon

Jon

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #8 - Mar 18th, 2009 at 11:41pm

Unfortunately, abstinence removes only a trigger, and we still need to deal with this thing.  I hope your hits are mild, and your cycle short.

Couldn't have said it better! Wink

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Steambug
CH.com Junior

clock watching

Worcestershire, UK
Reply #9 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 8:00pm

thanks guys, I seem to be getting less hits each day as of yesterday and today (I'm down to 2 from 4) so fingers crossed it continues - maybe the verapamil is working at last (been on it 2 weeks now)...

now all I got to do is get my doc to give me oxygen!

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #10 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 10:24pm

2 weeks would be about right for the prevent to kick in, let's hope it's an unbreakable wall against the beast! Wink

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Steambug
CH.com Junior

clock watching

Worcestershire, UK
Reply #11 - Mar 20th, 2009 at 9:13pm

thanks Joe, unfortunately I had 4 again today, but only one of them was high up on the scale, I sure that overall things are improving, might be wishful thinking but no headbutting the wall tonight, still needed hubby to pumel my forehead though (he is a godsend because I have weakness in my left arm +  hand and cant rub my head hard enough during a hit without his help!), ek it is late I better try to sleep as the beastie has just gone for now

going to ask my doc on monday about putting up the verapamil dose

Fran

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #12 - Mar 20th, 2009 at 9:46pm

According to another Limey....the UK cannot deny you 02

Insist upon it.   Dr. Goadsby (from London)  named that anyone in the UK or elsewhere who would deny anyone 02... as an ass.

Insist, demand, fight, do not take no for an answer.

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Steambug
CH.com Junior

clock watching

Worcestershire, UK
Reply #13 - Mar 22nd, 2009 at 6:05pm

thanks, I am going in there all guns blazing tomorrow,

I had a bad one this afternoon, somewhere round an 8 or 9, was pretty much tearing my hair out, thats the trouble isnt it the docs never seem to see it, tonights one less bad, just so damn tired of it all, dont need to explain that I know!

thanks again, will see how I do tomorrow, maybe I should camp out in his office in protest until he agrees to my terms!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!