Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What can I expect from this watery eye? (Read 2475 times)
bigmenawa
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Boaz, Alabama
What can I expect from this watery eye?
Mar 14th, 2009 at 11:45pm

last night was only the third PF night i have had since january 29th.  today my left eye has really been watery and has hurt a lot.  i am rather new to this CH stuff since this is only my second cycle and i was wondering if this is a sign i'm gonna be hit again tonight.  all my hits come between 2am and 3:45am. except when i take a nap during the day.  can anyone give me any insight into what i can expect?

IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Re: What can I expect from this watery eye?
Reply #1 - Mar 14th, 2009 at 11:55pm

A watery eye is usually part of my shadow.  For me, sometimes it results in a hit later and sometimes it just lingers.  I never really know for sure what to expect.    Have you tried an energy drink to knock it out?  Sometimes that works for me.   

May your night be PF!

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #2 - Mar 14th, 2009 at 11:59pm

Watery eyes are hit and miss. Some get the red eye, droopy lid and runny nose when they're going to get hit. Others get them with hits or shadows, some get phantom hits where all they get is the red eye and droopy lid with no pain.

Hoping that's the route you're going. Have your weapons at the ready just in case! Wink

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #3 - Mar 15th, 2009 at 12:00am

Speaking only from my own experience, there may be little that's predictive about your watery eye. 

It's a secondary autonomic symptom.  It may or may not be associated with an impending attack. 

During a cycle, I may get a watery eye, a stiff neck, a runny nose, or forehead sweating without getting an actual attack.  On the other hand, none of this may happen before an attack--only to show up when the attack is in progress.

Everything's out of whack during a cycle.  I hate it.  A lot.   

The way our symptoms manifest can be highly individual.  After a while, you'll get a sense of what constitutes "normal" (as if anything is normal about this) for you.

Wishing you the best, and hoping that your cycle is soon over.

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

bigmenawa
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Boaz, Alabama
Reply #4 - Mar 15th, 2009 at 12:08am

thanks for the speedy replies.  i am contemplating not even going to bed and i suppose you know what that is like.  i have the droopy eyelid also and i drank some strong highly caffeinated venezuelan coffee.  i have my weapons ready if i need them.  i hate the nightime but i rarely get over two hits a night so i am fortunate in that respect.  the ones i do get are "nice" ones though.  thanks again for your replies and maybe i can get more comfortable with these things if that if that is possible.  i have had 2 total knee replacements and i have 8 pins in my shoulder but that does not compare to one of these suckers.

IP Logged

Steambug
CH.com Junior

clock watching

Worcestershire, UK
Reply #5 - Mar 15th, 2009 at 8:17am

I tend to only get the watery eye during a hit, about 75% of them, I get a runny nose with every hit and sometimes with the worst of the shadows.

IP Logged

Sean C
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Earth
Reply #6 - Mar 15th, 2009 at 9:40am

bigmenawa wrote on Mar 15th, 2009 at 12:08am:
 i am contemplating not even going to bed and i suppose you know what that is like.

I do, but unfortunately that doesn't help, sometimes it will cause a stronger hit, due to being sleep deprived and over sleeping past the point of no return in which the abortives won't be much help.

Try to live your life as normal as possible, take it one hit at a time, always be prepared, and always try to remember, it will DEFINATELY go away, that I will promise Wink

IP Logged

bigmenawa
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Boaz, Alabama
Reply #7 - Mar 15th, 2009 at 2:32pm

well i did go to bed and an hour and half later i had a big hit which lasted 40 minutes.  after going back to bed i had another hit 2 hours later which was no quite as bad but still was terrible.  i am so tired and exhausted today.  i almost fell asleep at church this morning.  i suppose the watery eye was a precursor for me.

IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #8 - Mar 15th, 2009 at 4:11pm

Hello, my eye runs like a river right before the pain hits hard. It contuines all the way through the Ch but it is the 1st thing to leave when the hit is ending so after the eye drys up i know its almost over.

Best wishes, Coach Bill

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

Kimmie
CH.com Veteran

OW!!

US
Reply #9 - Mar 16th, 2009 at 1:59pm

Strange things that come with CH huh?

My left eye has constantly stayed more "wet" than my left this cycle, and I normally have very dry eyes due to contacts.

I've had no hits in  several days...just a clogged left ear and watery eye. and a little tingling cluster side of my head. Feels like I'm on allergy meds......?

Don't stress or scare yourself into a hit. Try to relax.....i cant believe i just said that with a straight face.

To accept the challenge is the destiny of leadership.
WWW kimberlydismuke  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #10 - Mar 16th, 2009 at 3:28pm

Don't stress or scare yourself into a hit. Try to relax.....i cant believe i just said that with a straight face. Grin

Oh I don't know....just another way to say "live your life between the hits, always be rady to do battle!"

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Kimmie
CH.com Veteran

OW!!

US
Reply #11 - Mar 16th, 2009 at 3:41pm

True Joe. Very true!

To accept the challenge is the destiny of leadership.
WWW kimberlydismuke  
IP Logged

bigmenawa
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Boaz, Alabama
Reply #12 - Mar 16th, 2009 at 8:38pm

My watery eye did lead to a BIG BIG HIT and now i think i talk myself into anxiety attacks.  it scares the crap out of me to think about going to bed and having a hit.  my eye has been basically water free today even though i was hit twice last night.  i've had this one place even with the top of my ear and back about two inches that has been really sore since last wednesday.  this didn't happen in my first cycle.   i never know.  these things are so unpredictable even though they are predictable.  that sounds kinda strange but it's true.  thanks for your insight.

Randall

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!