Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
i really cant find a title for this (Read 1326 times)
black
CH.com Old Timer

I Love CH.com!

Greece,Athens
i really cant find a title for this
Mar 12th, 2009 at 8:34am

I should put this topic at funnies and jokes but anyway here it goes.

Yesterday i used search in web for clusterheadache articles in greek sites for the year 2009 in case something new has come up.Along
with the results i found this in a magazine's web page.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

here is the tranlation according to google tranlator i used:

It is the cumulative headache, a rare type of headache (2-5 cases per 10,000 inhabitants), generally afflicting men in five frequently than women.

• What can it mean
Usually it is a primary headache, ie not due to another cause (eg a problem in the eyes).

• Symptoms
O patient complains of an acute pain which focus on one eye (with the obvious accompanying symptoms, as δακρύζει eye, eyelid falls, etc.) keep half to two hours and can be reached to cause even the 7 crises day. The striking is that the cumulative headache can be a thorn for a man 2 or 3 months, 2-3 times a day, then not appear for 1-2 years and then return for another such period. Important role in causing this headache is smoking and drinking.

• How treated
O suffering, it is important not only to cope, because threatening to happen eventually headaches from the misuse of drugs. Should be addressed in a special (general practitioner, neurologist) or else into a headache (available in major hospitals of our country). O doctor, taking the history and subjecting him to a good clinical examination, will try to exclude any possibility of secondary headache. If you have doubts can ask to make some more specific tests (eg, magnetic, blood tests, etc.). In each case, treatment has three parts: The first part is about addressing the crisis (ie pain), while the second part, where the crises are frequent, consisting of prophylactic treatment. The third part of the treatment has to do with non-drug methods, psychotherapy, relaxation techniques, yoga, alternative therapies such as acupuncture, homeopathy, etc., as these help to better balance the body.

• Who
All men, but usually very masculine, tall, strapping, brunette, who are very special sentimentalism, which resembles that of a child. That is why in the past, experts call it a hangover «lion-mouse syndrome».

the who part makes me Cheesy  Sad

Oh come on!it's just water.It can't be that bad!

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Re: i really cant find a title for this
Reply #1 - Mar 13th, 2009 at 5:29am

Good grief --- where have they been the last 50 or so years...  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin 

But after all I'm a wimmens... what do I know... Grin Grin Grin Grin

Hugs BD

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Greenville, North Carolina
Reply #2 - Mar 13th, 2009 at 7:05am

BarbaraD wrote on Mar 13th, 2009 at 5:29am:
But after all I'm a wimmens... what do I know...

... Not much !!!

(Well what do you expect?  You left it WIDE open for me!)

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

Keep fire extinguisher available, and charged.
ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #3 - Mar 13th, 2009 at 9:32am

Quote:
• Who
All men, but usually very masculine, tall, strapping, brunette, who are very special sentimentalism, which resembles that of a child.

That'd be me.  Anyone who knows me can tell you that I am of very special sentimentalism, which resembles that of a child.

Quote:
That is why in the past, experts call it a hangover «lion-mouse syndrome».

Lion-mouse hangovers are nasty, but I haven't had one in many years.  I don't drink tequila anymore, and that has helped.

Best,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

monty
CH.com Hall of Famer

The Swamp, Florida
Reply #4 - Mar 13th, 2009 at 9:51am

i really cant find a title for this

How about "Old article with dubious information, poorly translated!" - yup, there is some humor there.  The idea that clusterheads tend to have a "lion-like face" is something that was proposed a long time ago ... not much evidence for it, but some people still refer to it like it was a useful fact.

I saw an essay once where somebody kept translating a text back and forth from one language to another using the online free services - the text eventually stabilizes, but does not have the same meaning as the original.

The outer boundary of what we currently believe is feasible is far short of what we actually must do.

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #5 - Mar 13th, 2009 at 11:40am

I liked the old definition, I have lionesque features, orange peel ruddy complexion, above average height, and a man! This is just more proof that the women on this board have migrains they exxagerate! (Is Linda going to be in Saint Loius??? Roll Eyes) he he he

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #6 - Mar 14th, 2009 at 5:40am

Yep Joe and you'd best bring your STUN GUN!!!! I think you're in a heap of trouble....... Kiss Kiss Kiss

Hugs BD

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!