Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Water is working (I think) (Read 1114 times)
Dave_C
CH.com Junior

I love Red Bull!!

x0|Huntington|USA||0|0|WV,West_Virginia
Water is working (I think)
Mar 10th, 2009 at 10:43pm

For the past 60 hours or so I have been drinking water alot, aboout 8 to 10 oz. every hour I am awake. so far I have only had a k2 or 3 for about 30 minutes and aborted another today with Migranol spray, wich usually doesn't work for me, but it is all I had and thought I would try it. I am also taking about 1500mg of magnesium and 500mg of Taurine a day. Like I said I don't know if it is working or I have just missed a couple of episodes. mine usually are like clock work 10:00am and around 4:30pm, then again sometimes around 8:30 or 9:00 at night.

I'm feeling pretty optimistic about this, but I am trying to keep it in perspective, I have found things that work in the past, and they stopped working soon there after.

I should be seeing a neurologist sometime within the month. Just waiting for my doctor to confirm my referral.

thnaks for listening to me spout off, but I am kinda stoked about this water thing. Cheesy
« Last Edit: Mar 10th, 2009 at 10:45pm by Dave_C »  
Dave_C 1189 South Jefferson Drive David+M.+Corns David+M.+Corns  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: Water is working (I think)
Reply #1 - Mar 11th, 2009 at 12:11am

You wouldn't be the first to have success with the water treatment. Hoping it keeps working for you. I've been using magnesium as a supplement for several years and am convinced it's reduced frequency and intensity for me. Best of luck.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Dave_C
CH.com Junior

I love Red Bull!!

Reply #2 - Mar 11th, 2009 at 9:01pm

Wow, I just got hit about 6:30 and it was a bad one. About a k8 or 9. I t lasted about 2hrs, and i am still having shadows.
I know that is not alot compared to some other peoples,b ut it is by far my longest ever. Mine usually last 45min to hour at most.

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #3 - Mar 11th, 2009 at 11:05pm

Do you have or have you tried oxygen yet as an abortive? Do you have anything as an abortive? Imitrex etc?

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Dave_C
CH.com Junior

I love Red Bull!!

Reply #4 - Mar 12th, 2009 at 5:28pm

I am waiting or an appointment with a neuro. all I have been given as an abortive is migranol. It works sometimes, but not near enough. I use ice and red bull mostly.

I have never tried oxygen, I would love to. that is why I am going to a neuro who is familiar with CH. I am going in armed with all the info I can get on oxygen treatment, from this website.
« Last Edit: Mar 12th, 2009 at 5:30pm by Dave_C »  
IP Logged

GrandPotentate
CH.com Old Timer

mmmmmmmmmm

Michigan City, IN  USA
Reply #5 - Mar 12th, 2009 at 9:04pm

Water-water and long brisk walking were the best I could find before getting hooked up with oxygen.  Both are usually pretty easy to come by and can be somewhat helpful, and still something to do when I get hit with no access to other abortives.

Sorry to hear about the delays you are having getting to a neuro, having been in that spot myself.  Most docs are not aware of the urgency with this thing.  Talk to your GP and see if he can give you a script for some O2 to get you through the wait.  I hope you get a winner for a neuro!

Jon

Jon

IP Logged

Dave_C
CH.com Junior

I love Red Bull!!

Reply #6 - Mar 12th, 2009 at 10:04pm

I asked my GP for Oxygen. he said he didn't believe it was that serious just yet. Can you believe that. Anyway that was my last trip to his office. so far today, I have been PF. but it ain't over yet, I realize that.
The water is helping though, I am thouroughly convinced of that. I don't believe it will continue to prevent them from now on, but water can't hurt, as long as I take plenty of vitamins.
i shoulf here something tomorrow about my neuro appt. I hope anyway. My wife had to see him for something else, so she was able to ask some quedtions for me before hand. He told her he was very familiar with CH, but she did not ask him about O2 treatments. So we will see.
Thanks for the reply, I reallly enjoy talking to people who don't think I'm crazy or making this stuff up. I get so tired of the weird lloks and the head nods as if they understand what I am going through. Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!