Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
High cycle has returned...right on time. (Read 5606 times)
barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus

Mountain Biking Keeps
Me Sane

Bracebridge, Canada
Re: High cycle has returned...right on time.
Reply #25 - Mar 11th, 2009 at 6:42pm

Here's praying you kick this cycle Pegg, that would be so sweet!  Smiley

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Mar 12th, 2009 at 11:04am

How you holding up? Another halfway decent night?

IP Logged

Redd
CH.com Sponsor

Stevens Point USA Wisconsin
Reply #27 - Mar 12th, 2009 at 1:06pm

Hit with a low kip at about 11pm and another at 3 am.  Low, a solid 4.  Cold packs and drinking ice water. 

Saturday is the plan...this time taking it earlier in the day. 

Pressure in the head and around the eye socket. With the flesh feeling sort of "heavy".  I don't get the super noticable droopy eye. 

Anyway, Dyl is home with a temp. of 101.5 to 102 even with Ibuprophin and a lingering headache and sore throat.  I'm taking him to the walk in for a strep swab.  Just in case.  Least he's still under his Dad's insurance.  But his fever not dropping much even with meds has me a bit concerned.

Chat with you guys later.

"The goal of life living in agreement with Nature."  ~Zeno
peggflick ma_2_2  
IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #28 - Mar 12th, 2009 at 4:58pm

Hey Pegg,

How's  Dyl doing?

I hope you catch a break soon!

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

Redd
CH.com Sponsor

Reply #29 - Mar 12th, 2009 at 5:18pm

There is a virus going around right now that starts just this way, and then moves on to a cough and then turns to laryngitis.  They took the quick strap swab, and it was negative, but they will run a 24 hour culture just in case.

As long as he's running the fever, Doc said to stay ut of school.  Only tomorrow left before Spring Break, so at least he'll have next week to recover.

He's sleeping alot, in fact just woke from another nap.  His fever is staying down right now. 

peggflick ma_2_2  
IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #30 - Mar 12th, 2009 at 5:27pm

It is almost better when it IS Strep.  That way they can give him the antibiotic and get him better.  Now you'll have to wait it out.  NOT a fun way to start Spring Break....Poor kid.  If you have any more trouble keeping his fever down, you might ask the doc about piggybacking the ibuprofen with Tylenol.  We've had to do that with Morgan when her kidneys get infected.   I hope he feels better soon.

How are you?

Jeannie

IP Logged

Redd
CH.com Sponsor

Reply #31 - Mar 12th, 2009 at 7:02pm

I did buy both for just that reason, as well as for his headache.  One or the other doesn't work alone, but, (as I was instructed after my double root canal)  Taking them at the same time is beneficial for BOTH moderate pain, as well fever. 

It's odd, that my 18 year old who just yesterday was out and about with all his personal errands and "I'll be home when I'm done" was the sick little boy I remember snuggling up and sleeping in my lap.

Boy oh boy those grown up eyes, when ill, turn back into the eyes of a child.

peggflick ma_2_2  
IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #32 - Mar 13th, 2009 at 2:55pm

Pegg,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're in cycle. I hope it will end very, very soon! Smiley

And "get well soon" wished to Dylan as well.

Sanna

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Redd
CH.com Sponsor

Reply #33 - Mar 15th, 2009 at 11:57pm

Well I did another dose yeaterday,  and all is well so far.  Scalp is tender, as if my hair had been pulled hard for a few hours, (what little there is, I've cut quite short).

Then there is the sting in the  left sinus if I try to breath in too deep.  Guess the nerve is tender.  Luckily, the only thing it's triggered today is sneezing fits, however those are uncomforatable in their own right, with the spinal arthritis, but that's another animal altogether.

I won't presume to say I have the high cycle licked yet, but things are looking good that I'll not have to break out the big guns.  Yeah, I'm being optimistic, but, better that than hold no faith at all.

More as things develop, or don't..... Wink

peggflick ma_2_2  
IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #34 - Mar 16th, 2009 at 9:36am

Good news so far.. right?!

I'll be thinking of you and sending out forever PF vibes!

Jeannie

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #35 - Mar 16th, 2009 at 12:42pm

Hey Pegg,

You're not alone sister.  My March cycle kicked in over the weekend.

Smiley

Glad to hear your 'treatment' seems to be having a positive effect.

Good luck... to both of us  Grin

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

Ray
CH.com Alumnus

Ray

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #36 - Mar 16th, 2009 at 1:58pm

Still wishing you high cyclers the best,

Ray

You have my prayers and compassion-I'm right there with you.

Dum tempus habemus, operemur bonum

*While we have the time, let us do good*

WWW raymond.schwartz759 rayplace raymond.schwartz759 raymond759  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #37 - Mar 16th, 2009 at 3:30pm

You'll beat it Pegg, attitude is everything! Smiley

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Redd
CH.com Sponsor

Reply #38 - Mar 16th, 2009 at 9:07pm

Another near 24 hours has passed, and the sinus sting/burn is much less annoying, however it does come back from time to time to cause sneezing fits, but not as bad as yesterday. 

Scalp is less tender as well, and the 'buzzing" tingle around my left eye and face is almost completely gone. 

Eye tears up from time to time, nothing major.  Keeping a close watch on all the little "tells" to see what is (or isn't) happening.

Still all in all good results for 48 hours after the last dose.  Another 24 hours to know if the 3 day rule is broken.   Grin

peggflick ma_2_2  
IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #39 - Mar 16th, 2009 at 9:16pm

I've got faith that you are there and that's waaaay cool. Don't know what your normal high/low patterns look like but I'd sure do a follow up or two or three, or.......
« Last Edit: Mar 16th, 2009 at 9:17pm by Marc »  

IP Logged

Redd
CH.com Sponsor

Reply #40 - Mar 16th, 2009 at 10:24pm

Marc wrote on Mar 16th, 2009 at 9:16pm:
I've got faith that you are there and that's waaaay cool. Don't know what your normal high/low patterns look like but I'd sure do a follow up or two or three, or.......

Thanks for the vote of confidence Marc.  I'm learning to read my body's signals much more closely. 

Having been (and I still consider myself to be) chronic for some 20+ years, I'm also human, and when PF time lasts for a while I tend to get lax and just enjoy rather than stay "on top" of things.

I'm taking things one day at a time, and listening to what my body tells me is the right thing to do and when.

Precarious balancing act, but I won't allow it to get under my skin, but I also need to stay tuned in.  Not sure if that makes sense to anyone else but it does to me.

Love you all, and thanks for your support.

peggflick ma_2_2  
IP Logged

Redd
CH.com Sponsor

Reply #41 - Mar 16th, 2009 at 11:14pm

Oh Marc, as to the high low patterns. 

For 20 some years, I would get 3-4 days of a single hit a night with 4-6 days off, with spring and autumn adding one or two daytime hits daily in a 3-4 week span along with the night time ones.

March 2004 the beast morphed on me, and I started to get hit harder, and built from 3 to up to 8 hits a day, lasting 18 weeks, then back to the 3-4 days on and 4-5 days off.

Fall, not as bad as spring, but still increased activity, usually mid September. 

After I think 2 years of conventional meds (dopymax has blurred some of that time frame, and I'm still waiting for the return of the rest of my IQ points) I desided to begin the quest of the uninsured and had to get my life back by whatever means. 

I would have happy if the clock had simply turned back to the days when I was convinced it was all just severe allergy attacks from everything from dust, to pollin, to mold to the paper mill emissions.  Swallowing sudafed and tylenol by the palm full and "waiting for it to kick in". 

Trying to yank my own teeth out in the still of the night with floss and a needle nose pliars: cursing the dentist who said it was TMJ and braces would stop all the pain, only to brake the brakets off in fits during an attack.  Oh the broken teeth, the caps, the root canals I have to show for all that nonsense from the bands and the pressure of clenching my jaws and cracking them beyond repair and them falling apart with age and time.

Ohhh so much have I learned since those dark years.  And the relief of having something to fight back with and WIN

I don't have the time nor energy to fight the petty things in life, but this is a fight I can't afford to lose.  My life, ....my children...my future if there is to be one...depends on me having control over this beast.  And my aim is to do just that by the means I have available to me.

Joe,  additude is all I got.  And I'm not giving in. 

Sorry I guess I had a rant inside me there. Back to your regularly scheduled programing.

peggflick ma_2_2  
IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #42 - Mar 17th, 2009 at 1:07pm

Now that was a good rant  Wink

Don't you feel better now  Cool

Smiley

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #43 - Mar 17th, 2009 at 3:11pm

Redd wrote on Mar 16th, 2009 at 11:14pm:
................Ohhh so much have I learned since those dark years.  And the relief of having something to fight back with and WIN.  

I don't have the time nor energy to fight the petty things in life, but this is a fight I can't afford to lose.

All of it was well said and not just a simple rant. I want to thank for the reminders above.

Marc

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!