Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Curious about remedies (Read 1017 times)
DrWalker
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Curious about remedies
Mar 8th, 2009 at 12:18am

I am a supporter, and my BF has had Chronic Cluster Headaches for over 5 years, and none of the traditional meds seem to work. Some internet searches have indicated that medical grade marijuana may work as an abortive, and I was wondering if anyone here has experienced such relief. I hate watching him go through these and not being able to do anything to help him. I am looking for any "Home Remedies" that may help.

IP Logged

icedragon
Ex Member

Re: Curious about remedies
Reply #1 - Mar 8th, 2009 at 12:50am

Not weed...mushrooms, at least for some.  Check out clusterbusting on the OUCH web site:  Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register  Or, oxygen...I like to use ice packs myself, on the affected side.  Good luck.
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2009 at 12:57am by N/A »  

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #2 - Mar 8th, 2009 at 8:29am

O2 O2 O2

High flow rate with a NON-rebreater mask. Check out the med site here for proper use.

Hugs BD

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Pixie-elf
CH.com Hall of Famer

I've tried the rest, and
busting is the best!

Beaumont,Tx
Reply #3 - Mar 8th, 2009 at 12:51pm

DrWalker wrote on Mar 8th, 2009 at 12:18am:
I am a supporter, and my BF has had Chronic Cluster Headaches for over 5 years, and none of the traditional meds seem to work. Some internet searches have indicated that medical grade marijuana may work as an abortive, and I was wondering if anyone here has experienced such relief. I hate watching him go through these and not being able to do anything to help him. I am looking for any "Home Remedies" that may help.

I have no idea about medical grade pot, THC, the active ingredient in weed is a vasodilator. So, it might actually trigger him... Or just make his hit worse.

As for home remedies, look at Kilowatt3's thread on Synergy. That's got a lot of the natural / home remedies.

And as Ice suggested, RC seeds, or mushrooms are something that is known to help a lot of people. Make sure your boyfriend is using his 02 properly, too.

If you need info on mushrooms or the RC seeds go to Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register Good luck to you and your man.

PFDAN
Mystina

As far as I'm concerned, cluster busting has been the best treatment I've tried. No migraines since I started it, and my hits have gotten so much better. Wanna know more?
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

It's saved my life.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!