Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Does your scalp feel numb? (Read 2346 times)
bigmenawa
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Boaz, Alabama
Does your scalp feel numb?
Mar 6th, 2009 at 10:15pm

Everytime I have an episode and that is every night or morning between 3 and 4 am, I was wondering if there is anyone else that has the feeling that their scalp is numb the next day.  This is always on the side I have the CH which is my left side.  This is the strangest feeling and is with me the entire cluster. Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Jennifer
CH.com Alumnus

Supply, VA
Re: Does your scalp feel numb?
Reply #1 - Mar 6th, 2009 at 10:24pm

I don't get numb, but I do get what I call this "scalp crawly thing". Cant explain it, but its like under the skin. Hate that shit

WWW Jennifer Whitty Donald Yennyfur_D  
IP Logged

bigmenawa
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Boaz, Alabama
Reply #2 - Mar 6th, 2009 at 11:01pm

Thank you.  The feeling i have is a numb, crawly type feeling like maybe something under your scapl moving around.  I think I may have been abducted by aliens and some chip implanted in me.  It's always present for the ntire cycle.

IP Logged

Katie
CH.com Junior

I just get 'those' headaches.

England
Reply #3 - Mar 7th, 2009 at 2:35am

That...yes I know that all too well.
Have a look at neuropathic pain.

Pain is no evil unless it conquers us.  

IP Logged

bigmenawa
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Boaz, Alabama
Reply #4 - Mar 7th, 2009 at 1:34pm

thank you katie.  i will.

IP Logged

purpleydog
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #5 - Mar 7th, 2009 at 4:34pm

My scalp doesn't get that feeling, but the affected side of my face becomes numb from my cheekbones up to my hairline, and back to my ear. Always after getting hit. Neuro said that can happen after a hit.

Sorry about the creepy crawlies, that would drive me nuts!

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

bigmenawa
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Boaz, Alabama
Reply #6 - Mar 7th, 2009 at 4:52pm

does behind your ear ever get sore?  this is my second cycle and both times there has been soreness behind my left ear which is the affected side for me.  this soreness doesn't start until about after the 7th or 8th hit.  hurts like crap!!

IP Logged

Sean C
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Earth
Reply #7 - Mar 7th, 2009 at 10:06pm

I usually get a bad sunburn feeling on my scalp, about mid cycle. I'm not sure if its cluster related or if its from the ice bags or rubbing or meds.

edit to add: I would get the "non stop twitch" in my scalp too but that was a lithium side effect, I had to stop taking it, it was making me insane.
« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2009 at 10:09pm by Sean C »  

IP Logged

bigmenawa
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Boaz, Alabama
Reply #8 - Mar 8th, 2009 at 11:03am

i'm only on topamax and zomig nasal spray.  could the crawlies be a side effect from either of those.  i've never erad that as a side effect.  thanks

IP Logged

Steambug
CH.com Junior

clock watching

Worcestershire, UK
Reply #9 - Mar 15th, 2009 at 4:58am

I get numb in my left temple around the attacks (current cycle is left sided), when I cycles before (and Ive only recently realised that they were cycles of CH) they were on the right and after the last one I've been left with almost permanent numbness in my right temple (very occasionally I have a tiny bit of feeling there).

I get something like the crawling feeling too I think during an attack (do folks call it that? not sure...) but I'd describe it as 'prickles' running from my left central forehead down both sides of my nose in addition to the other symptoms.

IP Logged

cynjeep89
CH.com Alumnus

Delaware|
Reply #10 - Mar 15th, 2009 at 7:38pm

Like Sean, I get the sunburned feeling on my scalp and at times, it feels like my scalp has been scalded.  There is also a lot of pain in my jaw on the right side.  Brushing my hair and teeth is always an adventure during a cycle.....hurts like heck.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!