Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A little TOO much.... (Read 3533 times)
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
A little TOO much....
Mar 5th, 2009 at 6:26am

I had a new one this week (since Monday). Woke up with a shadow - no problem... hit the O2. But then the day went to hellloooo....

Got a migraine (hate those damn things). Took some naproxin (that's what I take for them -- usually works if I get to it soon enough). Didn't work!  Got the naseau... so I hit the phenergan. Didn't work either.

That's when the fun started. I was hitting on about a 5 iwth the migraine (already had a pot of coffee down as well as the Red Bull, frozen peas, heat packs, hot shower, etc) That's when I got the HINT that my left side was about to blow off (yep a CH had hit along with the migraine - don't think that has really ever happened before). So I'm hitting the O2, drinking another Red Bull, screaming in between puffs....

Here's the delimina... I can't lay down with the CH - and I can sit up with the migraine... I get the CH under control, but can't get the migraine to come down to managable...

The migraine is hurting so bad, I can't feel the CH until it gets to a point where it takes the O2 a while to work (usually doesn't take that long to kill a hit with it).

I finally broke down and took some cafergot, but even that didn't help (maybe I waited too long).

After about 6 hours, I finally got the migraine down to "managable" and got the CH under control. By then I was one exhausted puppy. I took my "night-time" meds with an extra dose of melatonin and crashed.

Here it is Thursday (and that was Monday) and I'm still "tired". I'm in a high cycle right now (the barometer is crazy this time of year), but I don't think I've ever had a migraine and CH at the same time before - at least not like this. I would NOT recommend it to anyone who wants to stay sane.  Smiley

Anyhow, I've got an appt with my neuro on the 16th, so maybe we can get something besides naproxin (my migraines are arthritic) for those little buggers. Those damn things HURT!

But right now, the CH is back to where I can handle it with O2 - I'm just tired right now.

Wishing all you guys a PF day.

Hugs BD

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Ray
CH.com Alumnus

Ray

Columbus, Ohio
Re: A little TOO much....
Reply #1 - Mar 5th, 2009 at 8:26am

Barbara:

One or the other would be more than enough, you must be one tough lady to make it through both at the same time.  Sorry for dumb bad luck and wishing you PF soon.

Ray

You have my prayers and compassion-I'm right there with you.

Dum tempus habemus, operemur bonum

*While we have the time, let us do good*

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW raymond.schwartz759 rayplace raymond.schwartz759 raymond759  
IP Logged

Grandma_Sweet_Boy
CH.com Alumnus

What Goes Around Comes
Around!

Georgetown,Ontario
Reply #2 - Mar 5th, 2009 at 8:33am

It's just not fair to get hammered like that.  Hang in there, Barb.  Sending all I've got.

Hugs
Carol

IP Logged

Charlotte
CH.com Alumnus

Patterson,California
Reply #3 - Mar 5th, 2009 at 9:01am

Oh, Barb, I always think of you with the barometric changes.  Good luck with the neuro - I sure hope they can help.

Charlotte

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #4 - Mar 5th, 2009 at 10:20am

Well, one thing about it -- my vocabulary is definitely increasing... I think I could make a sailor blush right now.. Smiley.  My dogs definitly learned some words they didn't know before. Roll Eyes

But I'm much better now... Monday I was about ready to visit Chuckles in the padded room at the "home".... Wink

Oh well -- just one more thing to get thru.... And it SHALL PASS!!!!  Cool

Hugs BD

IP Logged

Katie
CH.com Junior

I just get 'those' headaches.

England
Reply #5 - Mar 5th, 2009 at 10:22am

As another sucker who has CH and migraine make sure that neurologist checks you have not got neuralgia flare up on top of all the other misery.
For me those two headache disorders seem to think its fun to kick the trimelgic nerve as they flip between the two types of headaches.
I sincerely hope its not- I would not wish that on anyone.

Because I have two primary headache disorders my CH when it soars mimics some aspects of migraine and when the blasted things cause that nerve to inflame on top.....
thats when I hope someone will kill me if I am not already dead

Its usually playing absolute hobb for me as you have described just when its about to reset from CH back into migraine.

If this is continuing and you cannot rest and nothing is helping is there any way you can you get your appointment bought forward at all?

Hang in there, we are backing your corner.

Pain is no evil unless it conquers us.  

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #6 - Mar 5th, 2009 at 10:40am

Cry ouch.....

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #7 - Mar 5th, 2009 at 12:55pm

Sux, Barb. Especially with your "officially old" birthday coming up. Shocked

Pardon my ignorance, but what does "my migraines are arthritic" mean?

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Pixie-elf
CH.com Hall of Famer

I've tried the rest, and
busting is the best!

Beaumont,Tx
Reply #8 - Mar 5th, 2009 at 1:04pm

Well, if the phenergan didn't work, I'd suggest you ask for some Zofran from your doc.

It comes in disolvable pills that you can put on your tongue. It's been used for years, a lot of times for cancer patients vomiting. Freaks the hospitals out that I can vomit my guts up after a large dose of it.

Can you take triptans?

Mystina

As far as I'm concerned, cluster busting has been the best treatment I've tried. No migraines since I started it, and my hits have gotten so much better. Wanna know more?
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

It's saved my life.

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #9 - Mar 5th, 2009 at 8:23pm

Smiley

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

Just Plain Carl
CH.com Old Timer

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Royal Oak, Michigan
Reply #10 - Mar 5th, 2009 at 10:06pm

Uncrap on ya
     JPC

IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Greenville, North Carolina
Reply #11 - Mar 5th, 2009 at 10:54pm

Oh, WAH WAH WAH!!!

GEEZE!!!

It is JUST a headache or two ... Take a couple aspirin and go take a nap ...

Damn whining old wimminz ...

Chuck

(Luvz ya, dear, I sure hope you get a break soon ... and no more double whammies!)

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

Keep fire extinguisher available, and charged.
ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #12 - Mar 6th, 2009 at 12:29pm

Yeah yeah yeah -- I just gotta whine about something don't I Chuck... Kiss  Told ya the minute I went on Medicare I was gonna turn into a hypochondriac - well I went on it Sunday and look what I did Monday.. Smiley Smiley  Just couldn't wait...  Smiley

I don't know what my neuro meant when he said the migrains were arthritic. I just "assumed" they were caused by arthritis in my neck or something. Usually the naproxin stops them, but Monday it didn't.

My son has migraines and he said he's had one most of the week, so maybe it's just something going around or maybe it's the damn barometer. It's rising again today and my eye is swollen shut. Not really hurting - just look awful (shut up Chuck!).

I've got clients coming this afternoon and I'm trying to get presentable. Think I scared a couple Wednesday, but they'll get over it. (I got them money back so they're happy). It's over 80 degrees here today. I know we're still in for another bout of winter, but ya couldn't prove it by me today....

Anyhow, I'm doing ok right now - just being a bit bitchy.... but I'm OLD...

Hugs BD

IP Logged

Garys_Girl
CH.com Hall of Famer

Making biscuits

Planet Cat, NJ
Reply #13 - Mar 6th, 2009 at 7:09pm

Barb, you had me laughing, so I hope that means you're doing MUCH better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was a hell of a day.  Hope it doesn't happen again EVER.

Laurie

This is enough already
IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #14 - Mar 8th, 2009 at 9:26am

This is really weird, but this thing is just hanging on. I'm not sure if it's the CH or the migraine. It's just dull (about a 3-4) but it's there - kinda goes up and down. It'll be on the left side so I'm thinking it's CH and get on the O2 and it goes down and then both sides rev up, so I take a naproxin and it fades and then the left side hits and back to the O2.... and then..... etc...

I took another cafergot yesterday and it mellowed out, but the barometer is rising this morning and we're back to jumping around again. Everyone around here has sinus infections so I guess it's normal for me to get hit when everyone has sinus problems, but I've just never had anything like this that I can remember.

I've upped my topamax and melatonin so I'm sleeping pretty well at night, but by the time I get in bed I'm exhausted from the day's "activities".

But I think I've got it figured out.... Thinking back over the years I ALWAYS get hit really bad during this time of year EXCEPT the years I've been under some really HIGH STRESS (the year my mom died and I was dealing with her estate during this time - the year Bill had his stroke during this time and a few other things during this season). Those years I was episodic and didn't even have a twinge of CH.

But as I've gotten older, I've quit letting things stress me out, so now I get hit really bad come spring time. SO, if ya'll want to help me out here - you'll come up with something to get me really stressed out!! Smiley

I've sat here and TRIED to think of something to get me stressed out and can't think of a darn thing. I tell my kids what I'm thinking, so I don't worry about that (not that they listen much). I write Congress and the President about once a week so I get all that hostility out. My state rep and I are on first name basis as is most of his office staff. My neighbors have no doubt what I think about anything, so I really don't get stressed about what they think (I don't care). I get aggraviated at my clients, but I have a little blue zap gun that gets me over that (I just zap them). And I'm writing a murder mystery so if I really get pissed at someone I just kill them in my book. What the hell can I get stressed out about????

Ok, I'm going to go cook breakfast now... Maybe I'll get stressed about the eggs overcooking. Smiley

Hugs BD

IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Greenville, North Carolina
Reply #15 - Mar 8th, 2009 at 10:07am

You want stress??

Did I tell you I am moving ??

Yes, I am going to be your next door neighbor ...

And I am going to mow my lawn NEKKID!!!

And I am going to have loud drunken parties PAST 9pm, and I am NOT going to invite YOU!!

And I am going to remove the muffler from my car ...

And .... And ...

Well, you get the idea ...

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

Keep fire extinguisher available, and charged.
ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #16 - Mar 8th, 2009 at 10:51am

LMAO Chuck  Smiley

I'm sorry to hear things are still rocky for you Barb.  Virtual (((HUGS))) and healing vibes coming from up north.

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #17 - Mar 8th, 2009 at 11:56am

ClusterChuck wrote on Mar 8th, 2009 at 10:07am:
You want stress??

Did I tell you I am moving ??

Yes, I am going to be your next door neighbor ...

And I am going to mow my lawn NEKKID!!!

And I am going to have loud drunken parties PAST 9pm, and I am NOT going to invite YOU!!

And I am going to remove the muffler from my car ...

And .... And ...

Well, you get the idea ...

You'll have to do better than that... I'm half blind, can't hear worth a darn and would love to see the other neighbors (visual is just giving me the biggest laugh I've had in a month) when you move in Cheesy Grin Grin Grin -

Seriously Chuck - I've got a BIG house - could you move in with ME - I'm rolling on the floor picturing the faces of my neighbors... Grin Grin (and half of Linden after they CALL them!)  This could be the "social event" of the year.....

Hugs BD Kiss Kiss

IP Logged

Pixie-elf
CH.com Hall of Famer

I've tried the rest, and
busting is the best!

Beaumont,Tx
Reply #18 - Mar 8th, 2009 at 12:57pm

BarbaraD wrote on Mar 8th, 2009 at 9:26am:
This is really weird, but this thing is just hanging on. I'm not sure if it's the CH or the migraine. It's just dull (about a 3-4) but it's there - kinda goes up and down. It'll be on the left side so I'm thinking it's CH and get on the O2 and it goes down and then both sides rev up, so I take a naproxin and it fades and then the left side hits and back to the O2.... and then..... etc...

I took another cafergot yesterday and it mellowed out, but the barometer is rising this morning and we're back to jumping around again. Everyone around here has sinus infections so I guess it's normal for me to get hit when everyone has sinus problems, but I've just never had anything like this that I can remember.

I've upped my topamax and melatonin so I'm sleeping pretty well at night, but by the time I get in bed I'm exhausted from the day's "activities".

But I think I've got it figured out.... Thinking back over the years I ALWAYS get hit really bad during this time of year EXCEPT the years I've been under some really HIGH STRESS (the year my mom died and I was dealing with her estate during this time - the year Bill had his stroke during this time and a few other things during this season). Those years I was episodic and didn't even have a twinge of CH.

But as I've gotten older, I've quit letting things stress me out, so now I get hit really bad come spring time. SO, if ya'll want to help me out here - you'll come up with something to get me really stressed out!! Smiley

I've sat here and TRIED to think of something to get me stressed out and can't think of a darn thing. I tell my kids what I'm thinking, so I don't worry about that (not that they listen much). I write Congress and the President about once a week so I get all that hostility out. My state rep and I are on first name basis as is most of his office staff. My neighbors have no doubt what I think about anything, so I really don't get stressed about what they think (I don't care). I get aggraviated at my clients, but I have a little blue zap gun that gets me over that (I just zap them). And I'm writing a murder mystery so if I really get pissed at someone I just kill them in my book. What the hell can I get stressed out about????

Ok, I'm going to go cook breakfast now... Maybe I'll get stressed about the eggs overcooking. Smiley

Hugs BD

Convince someone to steal your dog! It's a GREAT stress inducer!

I hope you feel better, Barb.

I've had plenty of migraines that have lasted a week, or more. It ain't fun. Though having constant severe shadows due to the DXM crap in cough syrups was a lot like having migraines.

As far as I'm concerned, cluster busting has been the best treatment I've tried. No migraines since I started it, and my hits have gotten so much better. Wanna know more?

It's saved my life.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!