Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
end of a cycle? (Read 1133 times)
tcrotty80
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

minnesota
end of a cycle?
Mar 3rd, 2009 at 10:39pm

Hello well i started having my first ch 5 weeks ago and now i havnt had one since friday (not complaining) but still get shadows. the shadows seem to be moving from side to side not staying with the eye that it started with. should i be carefull still or is it time to do the beer test?

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: end of a cycle?
Reply #1 - Mar 3rd, 2009 at 11:42pm

I don't do the beer test until I've been pain free at least a couple of weeks. But then....I'm a wimp!!! Wink

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #2 - Mar 4th, 2009 at 12:34am

I don't do the beer test until I've been without a hit or a shadow for seven days--but I'm a thrill-seeker.  Some wait thirty.   Wink

Best,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #3 - Mar 4th, 2009 at 4:37pm

Are you taking any preventatives?  If so, maybe you should try tapering off them first before you do the beer test.  Just to make sure you still arn't getting any attacks.  (with your docs knowledge, of course)

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
https://www.facebook.com/mellymoo92  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #4 - Mar 4th, 2009 at 5:45pm

We don't mention that often enough...."under your doctors direction".....good luck on the beer test!! Wink

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

tcrotty80
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

minnesota
Reply #5 - Mar 4th, 2009 at 6:32pm

just as things are looking good i know have some kind of problem with verapamil not sure yet put do look to my post in the meds area. other than that still no ch for a week now im gonna beer test it on friday or sat.

IP Logged

B.Baer
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Northeast Pennsylvania
Reply #6 - Mar 4th, 2009 at 7:19pm

I too use the beer test, I don't usually try till I've been HF for a min. of one to two weeks, depends on the length of cycle.
  I usually lay out a needle and open a beer, then I wait about 10 mins. or so and grab the needle or another beer, depending on what's going on in my empty head at the time. Grin Current cycle an O2 tank will be my companion, as it is my favored abort.
   I'm in the midst of my longest cycle ever, if anybody wants me I'll be standing fridge, with my hand on the door. Grin

Barry Baer  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!