Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Been over a year now (Read 612 times)
DeStijl
CH.com Veteran

Lubbock, TX
Been over a year now
Mar 3rd, 2009 at 9:33pm

Well, it's official. As of February 22 it had been a year of HA's. I see my neuro again on the 10th, so let's see what he says. HE seems to think that the meds are not working if I have a HA. I've told him that as long as they are down to 3 or 4 per week and no more than a k5 or so I am happy.

Now chronic. Should have known what with the HA's beginning to switch sides and my pattern going all haywire. Let's hope this stops sometime soon and just becomes the longest episodic episode. Bleh!

https://www.facebook.com/eric.mcgaha  
IP Logged

Redd
CH.com Sponsor

Stevens Point USA Wisconsin
Re: Been over a year now
Reply #1 - Mar 3rd, 2009 at 10:44pm

It's been known to happen just that way.  16 or 18 or even 24 month long cycles.  I believe Brew and Gena have both had cycles lasting more than a year, only to go back out of cycle again.  Thats the thing about this beast of ours.  Each of us are different, and the cycles are different.  For some they are 14-16 weeks.  For some, they haven't ended for years.

I can see your point about the meds giving you K5's and under only 3-4 times  week as a success.  Just note, that some have found that staying on meds have extrended their cycles longer than normal or usual. 

Only you can make the call if you want to test that theory for yourself. 

Besides...you said it yourself.  You are Happy.  Thats what counts the most.

Smiley

"The goal of life living in agreement with Nature."  ~Zeno
peggflick ma_2_2  
IP Logged

Garys_Girl
CH.com Hall of Famer

Making biscuits

Planet Cat, NJ
Re: Been over a year now
Reply #2 - Mar 6th, 2009 at 7:11pm

I sure hope it's one hell of a long cycle and you're just about to come out of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laurie

This is enough already
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!