Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Stop trying to pry my freaking eye open! (Read 902 times)
Pixie-elf
CH.com Hall of Famer

I've tried the rest, and
busting is the best!

Beaumont,Tx
Stop trying to pry my freaking eye open!
Feb 27th, 2009 at 9:34pm

Okay, I understand that to do a full neurological exam, they generally need to see how well both eyes are functioning, or make sure I can see out of my left eye.

First, I am always told to open my eye, on my own, as if I can somehow magically make it open. Do they think I'm holding it closed on purpose?

"Is that as far open as you can get it?"

No, I'm just holding it like this for utterly no reason.

Today, I had a doctor who decided to pry it open, and try to have me read a fucking eye chart.

"I CAN'T. It's all blurry and it HURTS REALLY BAD." (URGE TO KILL RISING!)
"Well, try."
"I can't read ANY of the words, they're ALL BLURRY I can't tell what they are."

I can understand if it's to make sure my eye is okay, or if it's a neurological test, or to check to make sure my optical nerves are not swollen...

...this was so not the case.

Please, someone, tell me I am not the only one, other than a childhood friend with clusters who goes through the "LET'S PRY THAT EYE OPEN" game?

URRRRGH.

PFDAN
Mystina

As far as I'm concerned, cluster busting has been the best treatment I've tried. No migraines since I started it, and my hits have gotten so much better. Wanna know more?
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

It's saved my life.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Re: Stop trying to pry my freaking eye open!
Reply #1 - Feb 27th, 2009 at 9:52pm

It's to make sure you're not a pathological serial killer.

You passed, right? Grin

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Pixie-elf
CH.com Hall of Famer

I've tried the rest, and
busting is the best!

Beaumont,Tx
Reply #2 - Feb 27th, 2009 at 10:22pm

Brew wrote on Feb 27th, 2009 at 9:52pm:
It's to make sure you're not a pathological serial killer.

You passed, right? Grin

>_> That depends, can the answer be used against me in court?

Oh boy, you just gave me a new word, and phrase to teach my nephews. I've already inadvertantly taught them both 'murder' and 'cannibal'. Pathological and serial killer can be next! Cheesy

As far as I'm concerned, cluster busting has been the best treatment I've tried. No migraines since I started it, and my hits have gotten so much better. Wanna know more?
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

It's saved my life.

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #3 - Feb 27th, 2009 at 11:29pm

Oh boy, you just gave me a new word, and phrase to teach my nephews. I've already inadvertantly taught them both 'murder' and 'cannibal'. Pathological and serial killer can be next!

That's what cool aunts do, teach them all the cool stuff their parents won't! Wink

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!