Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Promethazine (Read 3204 times)
Farzad
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Iran - Tehran
Promethazine
Feb 25th, 2009 at 4:08am

hi Dear Friends

Just sharing my test on a Medicine and the result.

I am episodic, and I have started taking the Prednisolone two weeks ago upon start of my attacks, with the dose of 100 mg per day, and now decreasing it slowly. I am now on 50 mg per day and i had only three attacks during this passed two weeks, one strong attack and the two others were weaker.

anyway my sleeping during this two weeks was not deep enough and I normaly was awake during midnight and early morning, of course without attack. but two nights i tested the " Promthazine" (Phenergan)  20 mg , and it was very effective. it is an antihistamine medicine, but the sedation was very good for me an I slept completely last two nights.

you can test if you have it or recommend to your doctor.
I had the syrup at home which was prescribed for my kids.(5 ml of Syrup has 5 mg Promethazine), i used 4 spoons (20ml)

I wanna  just share this experience and wish you all the pain free time.

what i recommend is to use prednisolone for preventing the attack, and use the promethazine before sleeping for deep sleeping at night.

Understand all of you

Farzad

« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2009 at 2:05pm by Farzad » 
Reason: subject correction 

Farzad

IP Logged

Ray
CH.com Alumnus

Ray

Columbus, Ohio
Re: I slept with Promethazine
Reply #1 - Feb 26th, 2009 at 9:43am

Promethazine is used to combat nausea and vomiting.  It's major side effect is sedation.  I use 25 mg when the cluster headaches are really bad and cause nausea.

Please be aware that Promethazine increases the sedation of narcotics, benzodiasepines (sp?) and other hypnotic medications.  You might not want to operate power tools or drive while taking this medication.

Ray

You have my prayers and compassion-I'm right there with you.

Dum tempus habemus, operemur bonum

*While we have the time, let us do good*

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW raymond.schwartz759 rayplace raymond.schwartz759 raymond759  
IP Logged

on my knees
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Feb 26th, 2009 at 11:08am

ray is very accurate, phegran (promethazine) is an anti emetic/nausea medicine and i too use it when on the rare occasions a little nausea sets in.
using  it ongoing as a sleep aid may not be so great as it has some effects on the liver as well as the effects Ray talked about. Cool

IP Logged

seasonalboomer
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH messes with my isness

Charlotte, NC
Reply #3 - Feb 26th, 2009 at 7:58pm

I didn't even know you were dating.......

Scott

IP Logged

FramCire
CH.com Alumnus

Life like a froward child
must be humored a little

Bolivar, MO USA
Reply #4 - Feb 28th, 2009 at 12:49pm

seasonalboomer wrote on Feb 26th, 2009 at 7:58pm:
I didn't even know you were dating.......

i think if they were dating, he would respect the relationship enough not to post it here.

You've overstayed your welcome since the day we met but it doesn't seem to matter to you.  No medications are your master, nothing makes you fret, it's a helpless feeling having nothing I can do

IP Logged

Farzad
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Iran - Tehran
Reply #5 - Feb 28th, 2009 at 2:02pm

ok , i know you are laghing to my weak english language.
anyway i meant i could sleep by help of Promethazine Huh

Farzad

IP Logged

on my knees
Ex Member

Re: Promethazine
Reply #6 - Feb 28th, 2009 at 5:07pm

its okay Farzad:
they were just having fun with the twist on words. we know what you meant. Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!