Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
hi im new & @ my wits end (Read 2392 times)
worriedwife
CH.com Newbie

IM NEVA GONNA LET THE
BEAST WIN!!!

lancs uk
hi im new & @ my wits end
Feb 21st, 2009 at 3:27pm

hi im charlotte my once easy going handsome husband is going slowly insane with the pain PLEASE some1 talk to me

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Re: hi im new & @ my wits end
Reply #1 - Feb 21st, 2009 at 3:32pm

What is his problem?

Kinder gentler Potter

IP Logged

flipperlips
CH.com Alumnus

Live, Laugh, Love

Mcallen, TX
Reply #2 - Feb 21st, 2009 at 3:40pm

Hi Charlotte and welcome.

Can you tell us a little bit more about what's going on with your hubby?  Has he been properly diagnosed with CH by a neurologist?  Is he currently taking any meds?  Is anything working to help him with his pain?

Only one life.....only one chance to make the moment count for something - Racer1_NC

flipperlips 100000247863039 pjtimmer@sbcglobal.net  
IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #3 - Feb 21st, 2009 at 3:43pm

Hello, Im Bill, 40m from cleveland. I've had Ch since my early 20s and it does tend to hurt not only me but my whole family. So 1st i want to say thank you for him, without you right now he would be in big trouble. What kind of meds is he on. Get him to a doctor if not!! also there is 02 treatment now and so many prevents out there now so there is no need to keep suffering. But for now go get some redbulls or keep coffee on the ready. tell him on the onset to drop and do 30 push-ups, wait 30 seconds and do it again.... Most of all just dont sit and take it, Keep trying things like the coffee or redbull on the onset. Just keep fighting.. Never let him give in to this crap.

Challening, More assertive.. Coach Bill  Angry

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

MikeCincy
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #4 - Feb 21st, 2009 at 4:03pm

You are already helping your husband by simply reaching out to others in an attempt to understand what he is going through.  I just found this site today and I have been suffering with CH for more than 12 years.  Having just found this most excellent of resources I encourage you to browse this site and specifically to read "The Devil" (link on left side of page on main screen) and also to Wikipedia and read their definition of cluster headaches.  Suffice it to say that CH pain is considered the most excruciating pain known to medical science. Also encourage your husband to view this site.  I can't believe that, after more than 12 years of people thinking I'm crazy and alomost convincing myself that I must be imagining this condition, there is a place where people inflicted with this most cruel of diseases can connect with others in the same boat.  Good luck!

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #5 - Feb 21st, 2009 at 11:03pm

Drag his stubborn butt, (God we men can be stubborn!) to the board. No one should have to face this without support from people who know exactly what he's going through. Thanks so much for being a supporter. My wife found this board for me many years ago and saved my sanity. Hang in there.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #6 - Feb 21st, 2009 at 11:34pm

worriedwife wrote on Feb 21st, 2009 at 3:27pm:
hi im charlotte my once easy going handsome husband is going slowly insane with the pain PLEASE some1 talk to me

i often compare an attack to that scene in "american werewolf in london" when he's sitting on the couch watching tv and all the sudden  he starts screaming and the fanges come out. watching someone you love go through this is tough.

the more time you spend on this site researching the stonger you will get. anything you have trouble with, post it. thats why we're here. become a junky if you have too. thats what i did. not only did it help but i've made friends with with some good people that understand what i'm going through. Wink
i've been painfree for a year and i still hang out.
« Last Edit: Feb 21st, 2009 at 11:37pm by -johnny- »  

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

worriedwife
CH.com Newbie

IM NEVA GONNA LET THE
BEAST WIN!!!

lancs uk
Reply #7 - Feb 22nd, 2009 at 4:33am

thanks for your reply, my hubby wants to know if u ever heard of clusters changing from one sided pain to both sides cuz thats whats happening to him

IP Logged

distressed
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #8 - Feb 22nd, 2009 at 5:18am

yes, it can swtich sides. i jus read it on emidicine

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #9 - Feb 22nd, 2009 at 12:05pm

Sadly yes, several have switched sides between cycles, a few even switched sides DURING  a cycle. Like just a one sided affliction isn't enough!! Cry

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #10 - Feb 22nd, 2009 at 1:06pm

Quote:
if u ever heard of clusters changing from one sided pain to both sides cuz thats whats happening to him

Uh, guys?  I might be the one mis-reading what she wrote here, but I think she's saying he has the pain in both sides at the same time.

IF that's what you're saying worried wife, the answer is yes.  It is VERY rare for that to happen though.   In 21 years of being chronic, that happened to me one time.  Good thing there were no guns in the house.

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Downsville LA
Reply #11 - Feb 22nd, 2009 at 7:55pm

Linda,
Read it same as you.

Carolyn

IP Logged

worriedwife
CH.com Newbie

IM NEVA GONNA LET THE
BEAST WIN!!!

lancs uk
Reply #12 - Feb 27th, 2009 at 3:24pm

sorry guys YES that is what i meant as im still getting used to this site i only just saw your replies... So now i know how rare that is its just making me more and more determined to get these damn QUACKS to Rx 02  Sad

IP Logged

QnHeartMM
CH.com Sponsor

I AM a Phoenix!

San Diego, CA
Reply #13 - Feb 27th, 2009 at 4:51pm

Best of luck Charlotte. Know that you are doing right by him and YOU by researching and discussing his CH here. Take everything on the oxygen info to his doctor. If that doesn't work, find a new doctor! We have people in the UK that post regularly to the board so you should be able to get referrals.

What part of the UK are you in?

Treat people with kind words.

IP Logged

kevmd
CH.com Hall of Famer

Who needs a hypothalamus
anyway?

x0|philadelphia|USA||0|0|PA,Pennsylvania
Reply #14 - Feb 27th, 2009 at 10:32pm

Linda is certainly smarter than the rest of us clowns   Grin 
Yes....if he has been diagnosed properly, then he needs the o2.  Last year and every other cycle I previously had was causing me to lose my mind.   With o2, CH isn't so bad for me.  It is a life saver

PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES 2008 WORLD CHAMPS

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!