Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Marijuana (Read 2395 times)
Deborah C
Ex Member

Marijuana
Feb 19th, 2009 at 1:56pm

Hello.

I have 24/7 shadows. Maybe 1-2 days without or not too bad. Mine are with unbelievable pressure in my eye and ear. I know that pot is used to relieve pressure in glaucoma patients, etc.

I feel this is a taboo subject to put out there, maybe Im paranoid- the MAN is everywhere!! Has anyone tried pot to alieviate shadows, even full blown attacks??? With pot?

I am a former smoker myself, quit years ago. I see a lot of you guys R from Cali. where med. pot use is legal. Has this ever been prescribed to anyone out there ? Useful?? If so, Im on the 1st plane out there.

Deb

IP Logged

Jimi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't feed the moderators

Madisonville, KY
Re: Marijuana
Reply #1 - Feb 19th, 2009 at 2:11pm

Most everything that I have read on here from those that tried it, is that it did not work.
« Last Edit: Feb 19th, 2009 at 2:15pm by Jimi »  

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/ Hendrix1473  
IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #2 - Feb 19th, 2009 at 2:13pm

For the latest incarnation of the eternal pot thread, see:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

I'm not sure we need another one just yet.   Roll Eyes

Best,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

Margi
CH.com Alumnus

Nuthin like a good neck
rub!

x1|Calgary|Canada|
Reply #3 - Feb 19th, 2009 at 2:21pm

Jimi wrote on Feb 19th, 2009 at 2:11pm:
Most everything that I have read on here from those that tried it, is that it did not work.

I'll see your statement, Jimi, and raise you one.  For many, it's actually a trigger that spawns new attacks.

There are other alternatives though if you chose to go that route that have helped many true clusterheads.  Have you been diagnosed?

You can read about the alternatives here:  Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register - they are wonderful people and have helped many sufferers over the years.

Oxygen is also a widely used abortive and my hubby has had success with that and Zomig nasal spray.  Each clusterhead has to find their own magic answer - nothing works for everyone...otherwise we wouldn't be here!

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
Margi Storey  
IP Logged

slhaas
CH.com Veteran

West Allis, WI, USA
Reply #4 - Feb 19th, 2009 at 6:49pm

IMHO it makes things worse.

500716817 slhaas99  
IP Logged

Ray
CH.com Alumnus

Ray

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #5 - Feb 19th, 2009 at 7:00pm

I quit smoking pot about 11 years ago.  Before that time, I was a full blown pot head.  It actually was a trigger for my CH.  Sorry, if that was not the answer you were seeking.

Ray

You have my prayers and compassion-I'm right there with you.

Dum tempus habemus, operemur bonum

*While we have the time, let us do good*

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW raymond.schwartz759 rayplace raymond.schwartz759 raymond759  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #6 - Feb 19th, 2009 at 7:03pm

Unfortunately the "pressure" you feel in your eye is just a result of the trigeminal nerves path, and not at all related to the glaucoma type eye pressure that marijuana is useful for. Most who have tried marijuana for CH have found it was a trigger for major attacks and wasn't useful.

I'm another one who sings the praises of 02! If you haven't tried that route, it's almost miraculous how fast it can abort an attack and chase away those damned shadows!

Good luck.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

sheep2blue
CH.com Junior

x0|lavina|USA||0|0|MT,Montana
Reply #7 - Feb 19th, 2009 at 8:16pm

Another vote for 02.
T

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #8 - Feb 19th, 2009 at 8:46pm

Quote:
For the latest incarnation of the eternal pot thread, see:

LMAO George.

This subject comes up...what? several times a year.?  The responses and the conclusions are almost always the same.  Stay away from it, at least while in cycle.  it is a trigger for so many,  it is not worth it.

George, that link should be covered in bronze and at least stickied so we don't have to do this so many times, don't you think.?   LOL

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #9 - Feb 20th, 2009 at 12:04am

Marijuana causes vasodialation. The pain of CH is triggered by vasodialation so you have to take that into consideration first. Chances it will help are not good.

Don

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #10 - Feb 20th, 2009 at 1:12am

every once and a while i some extremely bad migraines and smoking pot does help with that. as far as ch goes it is a sure fire trigger. i've never tried it for shadows. if your not in a heavy cycle or you at the end of one  i would try it. if it works let us know.

btw: as long as your a cluster headache sufferer and your questions are legitimate nothing is taboo.

IP Logged

UnderTheRadar
CH.com Old Timer

Literally

Texas
Reply #11 - Feb 25th, 2009 at 10:08pm

I think we should have a "joke" weed thread where everyone can say stupid stuff and be jackasses for laughs.  Either that or maybe a fake "troll" to pick on- and every week we can all take turns being the troll and be obnoxious on the board!  Grin   (and whoever guesses who the "troll" is get to be the troll the next week!)

Remember- double-line the foil, shiny side out.

IP Logged

Pixie-elf
CH.com Hall of Famer

I've tried the rest, and
busting is the best!

Beaumont,Tx
Reply #12 - Feb 25th, 2009 at 11:09pm

It's a vasodilator. There's a reason that clusterheads use imitrex, oxygen, and other vasoconstrictors... Vasodilator=more pain.

As far as I'm concerned, cluster busting has been the best treatment I've tried. No migraines since I started it, and my hits have gotten so much better. Wanna know more?

It's saved my life.

IP Logged

Deborah C
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Feb 26th, 2009 at 11:10am

THanks- I got the message. Roll Eyes Deb

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!