Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Looking for something... (Read 2293 times)
Pixie-elf
CH.com Hall of Famer

I've tried the rest, and
busting is the best!

Beaumont,Tx
Looking for something...
Feb 18th, 2009 at 2:38am

Okay, right now I'm really numbdrumb from all of the stress I've been under, so... I figured I'd ask here.

Is there any article that discusses what (if any) changes our bodies go through before/during a cluster headache? I thought I may have read some, but right now I can't even find anything and...am just frazzled.

Any info would be appriciated.

--Mystina

As far as I'm concerned, cluster busting has been the best treatment I've tried. No migraines since I started it, and my hits have gotten so much better. Wanna know more?
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

It's saved my life.

IP Logged

dieclusterdie
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Re: Looking for something...
Reply #1 - Feb 19th, 2009 at 5:38pm

Don't know if this will help, but my MRI showed white spots on the brain that were caused from the CH'S.
I know the night before the MRI I had a kip-9 1/2.
The white spots were labeled as migraine changes
Don't know what that means, but they told me not to worry Undecided

IP Logged

GrandPotentate
CH.com Old Timer

mmmmmmmmmm

Michigan City, IN  USA
Reply #2 - Feb 22nd, 2009 at 9:43am

There is an interesting discussion going on in Gonzolo's thread in "medications, treatment, therapies", but it is way over my humble head.  Bob Johnson also references a lot of papers where research is going on.  I appreciate the efforts, but most of my concern is more short term.  When in cycle, noisy bars bad, oxygen good.

PF wishes.

Jon

IP Logged

Farzad
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Iran - Tehran
Reply #3 - Feb 23rd, 2009 at 11:05pm

i saw some links in OUCH , just indicating the changes grey area  in Hypothalamus during CH attacks. ant remember the exact link.

for myself i shall add Blood pressure and heart rate increase!

cheers
farzad

Farzad

IP Logged

pattik
CH.com Alumnus

Wisconsin, USA
Reply #4 - Feb 24th, 2009 at 10:04am

Here are a couple of links to articles.  The first is a brief listing of the autonomic symptoms.  The second link from the OUCH site has some great info on the many possible associated symptoms.  It's a little technical, but quite informative regarding how the hypothalamus controls these functions.
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Pixie-elf
CH.com Hall of Famer

I've tried the rest, and
busting is the best!

Beaumont,Tx
Reply #5 - Feb 24th, 2009 at 8:06pm

Thanks for all of hte replies.

Dieclusterdie: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register Here's a link that explains it...well, somewhat. D:

For me, I know my blood pressure rises. My pulse is normally high, and blood pressure is usually 80/60. A day or so before I posted this, I was having a severe shadow, really close to having a cluster at the doctor's office.

My blood pressure spiked to 142/83. WAY high for me. D: That's what made me try to find this, and, then lead to me posting. ^^;

As far as I'm concerned, cluster busting has been the best treatment I've tried. No migraines since I started it, and my hits have gotten so much better. Wanna know more?

It's saved my life.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #6 - Feb 24th, 2009 at 10:21pm

80/60? That seems abnormally - no, dangerously - low.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Pixie-elf
CH.com Hall of Famer

I've tried the rest, and
busting is the best!

Beaumont,Tx
Reply #7 - Feb 25th, 2009 at 11:46pm

Love your new icon Brew. Cheesy

According to that, my top number is a bit low. I've had numerous work-ups by cardiologists, partly due to other reasons.

My pulse runs at 110+ usually, so they check up on it to make sure things are working properly there. I've flatlined (When I was 13.) and when I was 16, given Dilantin through an IV which dropped my BP down to 75/25. They were trying to yank me out of a status seizure and wound up with me in a coma instead.

They always say my heart is healthy. (Expecially for what I've been through, and the meds I'm on.) So I don't worry about it too much unless a new medication is going to drop my BP, or, unless I start to pass out randomly.

PFDAN
Mystina

It's saved my life.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #8 - Feb 26th, 2009 at 7:27am

Okay, Mystina - If you're not worried about it, I won't be.

Glad you like the new avatar. I've caught some shit about it on the General Posts board. I just think it's funny in a twisted sort of way.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Pinkfloyd
CH.com Hall of Famer

comfortably numb

x0||USA||||IL,Illinois
Reply #9 - Feb 26th, 2009 at 6:55pm

dieclusterdie wrote on Feb 19th, 2009 at 5:38pm:
white spots on the brain that were caused from the CH'S.

Never heard of these spots relating to clusters. I'm not saying you don't have clusters, just that these spots are indicative of severe migraines. They could have beeen there for years.

They are VERY common for people with migraines. I agree with the doc that they're nothing to worry about. Just evidence that migraines can cause damage.

BobW
If we got a white spot on the brain for every Kip 9, a lot of brains here would look like the pile of snow along my driveway.  Cheesy

"those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
- C.S. Lewis
WWW psiloscribe pinkshroomrat  
IP Logged

on my knees
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Feb 26th, 2009 at 7:04pm

amen to that Bob  Wink

IP Logged

Pixie-elf
CH.com Hall of Famer

I've tried the rest, and
busting is the best!

Beaumont,Tx
Reply #11 - Feb 26th, 2009 at 11:52pm

Brew - Bah, who wouldn't like an avatar that has someone setting themselves on fire?! D: It's made of awesome.

Pinkfloyd wrote on Feb 26th, 2009 at 6:55pm:
dieclusterdie wrote on Feb 19th, 2009 at 5:38pm:
white spots on the brain that were caused from the CH'S.

Never heard of these spots relating to clusters. I'm not saying you don't have clusters, just that these spots are indicative of severe migraines. They could have beeen there for years.

They are VERY common for people with migraines. I agree with the doc that they're nothing to worry about. Just evidence that migraines can cause damage.

BobW
If we got a white spot on the brain for every Kip 9, a lot of brains here would look like the pile of snow along my driveway.  Cheesy

Well, there is cluster-migraine syndrome... Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

At least in the articles I read on migraine changes, they THINK it's caused by the pain experienced during a migraine. But they aren't sure, as the problem could have been there beforehand.

They also know that those with chronic back pain do show some changes in the brain. So, I'm wondering if we clusterheads manage to get by unscathed...  Or if any kind of change occurs due to how severe the pain is?

I'd offer to check my MRI's. I've had over 20 of them done, but, with my complications, I doubt it'd give any definate answer...

PFDAN
Mystina

It's saved my life.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!