Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Anyone not on this board know a thing about this? (Read 1862 times)
c-fish
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Anyone not on this board know a thing about this?
Feb 16th, 2009 at 12:08pm

I finally got o2 on Fri. but they said they had no nrb mask. It would come UPS. Well I just got it and its just a regular mask w/no bag attached. I've been sucking straight from the tube. It works but I think I'm wasting alot of o2. Should I keep doing this way or will this mask w/no bag work at all? I'm goimg to order the o2timask now.

Chad
chad fisher  
IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Re: Anyone not on this board know a thing about this?
Reply #1 - Feb 16th, 2009 at 12:20pm

i just use the tube because i can't stand to have anything touching my face. it does waste alot of o2 but as long as you can abort you should be fine until your mask arrives.

heres a couple links that might help

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

the mouth piece should interchange with the mask so you can use the reclaimer bag. Wink
« Last Edit: Feb 16th, 2009 at 12:22pm by -johnny- »  

IP Logged

FramCire
CH.com Alumnus

Life like a froward child
must be humored a little

Bolivar, MO USA
Reply #2 - Feb 16th, 2009 at 12:23pm

Did the place you got your O2 from have you meet with a Respirtory Therapist??  Mine did and they got it right.  Anyway, order the optimask and it will work much better.

If you dont like the mask, the mouth piece is a better option than sucking on the tube/

You've overstayed your welcome since the day we met but it doesn't seem to matter to you.  No medications are your master, nothing makes you fret, it's a helpless feeling having nothing I can do

IP Logged

Ellick
CH.com Veteran

ET found here.

x1|Aylesbury|UK
Reply #3 - Feb 16th, 2009 at 12:26pm

I used an ordinary mask for about 3 years and it worked. I taped up the holes. Drew in O2 to bursting then swithched off the tap and emptied my lunches as much as poss (gut first). Then did not breath until the mask was back on my face and themn swithced the tap on. It's quicker than it sounds and you can get into a rythm. Principle being get as much O2 into your system and as much CO2 out with each ex and inhale.

I now use a non-rebreather with a large bag on it and it works much better. I learnt to have a sip of cold water every 2 or 3 minutes to help with preventing my throat drying out.

Hope this helps as a stop gap until you get the bag. An on demand valve is reported to be good.

Best wishes,

Ellick.

ET

IP Logged

Ellick
CH.com Veteran

ET found here.

x1|Aylesbury|UK
Reply #4 - Feb 16th, 2009 at 12:27pm

'Lunches' translates into lungs. How did that happen!

ET.

ET

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #5 - Feb 16th, 2009 at 12:35pm

Ellick wrote on Feb 16th, 2009 at 12:27pm:
'Lunches' translates into lungs. How did that happen!

ET.

You haven't, peradventure, been eating at a Mediterranean restaurant, have you?   Wink

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

Kim D
CH.com Junior

Nashville, TN
Reply #6 - Feb 16th, 2009 at 6:02pm

I sucked on the tube for awhile before I got my NRB mask, and it worked pretty well. I think that even with the NRB mask you are still wasting oxygen because it doesn't stop the flow coming from the tank. If you want to conserve the oxygen coming out your best bet is to get a demand valve, and those are quite pricey. All in all, I don't think there is any way to really "not waste" oxygen (w/o the dv) ... hence the need for a prescription of unlimited tanks. Smiley

Though, the only problem I did have with sucking on the tube was my throat getting dry and actually gagging ... I hope that isn't a problem with you.

best of luck,
Kim

Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1.
kdyer89  
IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #7 - Feb 16th, 2009 at 6:42pm

Quote:
but they said they had no nrb mask. It would come UPS. Well I just got it and its just a regular mask w/no bag attached.

May I ask who this idiot supplier is?  A non-rebreather mask costs about 3.00 lousy bucks.  It's going to cost them more to send the danged thing by UPS.  Jest shaking my head here.

Glad you're getting the opti-mask though.

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

on my knees
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Feb 16th, 2009 at 7:25pm

i am with linda on this, i worry about an oxygen supply co that doesnt know the difference between a nrb and regular  mask.
do i hear a bonehead award, no that belongs to the va  dr that sai my problem was i needed i diet, and gave me a paper with his own devloped diet.  oh well i rant!!!!!!

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #9 - Feb 16th, 2009 at 7:59pm

Before I had to quit my last supplier...I remember an argument I had with the warehouse foreman...not a doctor...not a pharmacist...a warehouse foreman...when I was trying to get repairs to my demand valve....."I've never seen  any literature that says you can use a demand mask for headaches!".....the ignorance can be so painful!!!

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #10 - Feb 22nd, 2009 at 6:14am

Guiseppi wrote on Feb 16th, 2009 at 7:59pm:
Before I had to quit my last supplier...I remember an argument I had with the warehouse foreman...not a doctor...not a pharmacist...a warehouse foreman...when I was trying to get repairs to my demand valve....."I've never seen  any literature that says you can use a demand mask for headaches!".....the ignorance can be so painful!!!

Joe

Huh Huh  Joe, my love, don't you carry a lazer stick or something like that? Smiley  Sounds like that guy could use a good ZAP!  Undecided 

(Sorry, I just got this mental picture of "Bubba Ray" giving you an opinion on O2 therapy  Smiley ).

Hugs BD

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #11 - Feb 22nd, 2009 at 12:03pm

It was one of those times where it was scary to be armed.........the thought actually crossed my mind!!!! Grin Grin

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!