Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Easy Cycle sharing (Read 942 times)
billyjoe
CH.com Veteran

Berthoud, Colorado
Easy Cycle sharing
Feb 16th, 2009 at 11:22am

Hi All,
     Just wanted to share what I did this cycle that was my shortest cycle ever (2 months).  My last cycle was my worst and lasted 8 months.  This cycle, at the first sign of the cycle starting (I get an eye twitch in the opposite side of my CH,  go figure?), I started doing weekly doses of RC seeds.  Once it started I used oxygen with a 25 lpm regulator as an abortive, and low doses of verapamil and lithium.  BTW, I had good success and no side effects from 600 mg of lithium.  After the first month, I was able to sleep through the night, for the most part.  Taking the lithium before bed time appeared to help me get through the night.
     In contrast, during my cycle from hell last year, I took imitrex every night and tried just about ever know preventative until I settled on a large dose of verapimil.  I know that during a tough cycle it is hard to stay away from the trex, but if you can get ahead of the symptoms before it gets too bad and avoid the trex, you may have an easier cycle.
     As you know it is hard to say this is a causal relationship, but I will try this course of action again next time.  Thanks to all who post here and helped directed me toward a more successful and less medicated solution.

Bill

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Re: Easy Cycle sharing
Reply #1 - Feb 16th, 2009 at 2:42pm

Billy, I just love hearing stories like this.  Good for you. 

I would suspect that the Imitrex you took may have had a rebound effect, making your last cycle so much worse.  And longer. 

Now, don't go away just because this cycle is over.  Stick around and pick up that oar.  Wink

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #2 - Feb 16th, 2009 at 5:25pm

Hi Billy! 

I'm so glad you found what works for you!   I get the opposite side eye twitch a few days before my cycle begins too.

Many PF wishes,

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

billyjoe
CH.com Veteran

Berthoud, Colorado
Reply #3 - Feb 16th, 2009 at 8:15pm

I told my neuro about the opposite side eye twitch and he thought it was really strange that it was on the opposite side.  For me, I get the twitch about 2 months prior, so it gives me a lot of time to prepare.  The twitch also goes away once the CHs starts.  Good to hear that I'm not the only that gets this.  What a strange ailment!

Billy

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #4 - Feb 16th, 2009 at 8:40pm

Lithium is my silver bullet too. I go at 1200 mg and like you, have no ill effects from it. Always awesome to hear someones out from underneath the beasts' charms!!!

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!