Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
please take a simple test (Read 2967 times)
black
CH.com Old Timer

I Love CH.com!

Greece,Athens
please take a simple test
Feb 12th, 2009 at 7:42pm

ok i must say that i feel it somehow embarrassing but i ll give it a try to tell u about it by firstly sharing the personal experience.when i am on crisis and home the most usual thing that happens is to take an imigran spray or relpax and sly down in the floor on the rocking position with a towel on my head placing a portable heat fan at the height of the face and then you know...patience!othertimes i am sitting in front of the pc in the desk placing the headphones on my ears with loud music,still rocking on the chair but the music gives a plus add to bear/escape a bit the pain.one of these times in front of the pc,sitting in chair i was in a very tough crisis.the room had no light at all except the one on the pc screen.at the peak(pik dont know pls correct me)of it i leaned my head down holding my right eye(right side ch) and with the left eye open just took a glimpse of screen light reflecting on my upper side feet (wearing blue jeans).nothing special.then random moves all these i did the opposite.with closed  left eye opened the right one looking again at my feet.the picture was quite different.it was as it was adjusted by the right's eye remote tv control(figure of speech) some plus clicks in brightness and sharpness.i did it fast changing both eyes the same movement as before and in left eye the jeans i was wearing darker blue and with less white little fibres(u know when the color fades away in time) i could easily distinquish with no hard effort.when the crisis reduced and finally vanished.i could see
both eyes the same.and this means as the left eye.same angle of light and picture of course all these.decreased(normal?)brightness and contrast.i repeated this several times and the same result.it doesnt appear easily in mild or heavy shadows.only in the peak of a heavy crisis.moreover and important only with the light of the pc screen and always looking towards the trousers.not towars the screen.i ve got three different lamps in the room.one small with warm yellow light,another one with negative white one in the desk for reading and and the main one in the ceiling
with yellow one.checked eyes in all these different situations in all various ocassions with no result.no flashes or such migraine eyevisions.clear vision.and then at the same crisis and high kip of pain happens that thing at the soft reflected light of the screen.
this happens only at white screen reflecting white light such as
this site.if i change it in other with black or any other colour as backround which is the main light the symptoms are gone instantly.

p.s.eyes doublechecked at doc recently.found nothing(?)
p.s.isn't one of the weirdest things u ve ever read?
p.s. did i say that weird thing? 
p.s. am i weird?
p.s.will u take the test?for me? Undecided

Oh come on!it's just water.It can't be that bad!

IP Logged

on my knees
Ex Member

Re: please take a simple test
Reply #1 - Feb 12th, 2009 at 8:12pm

i am not sure about any of the other stuff you wrote about but i can relate rocking and listening to louder music in earphones to attempt to take my attention from the hit.
i might suggest you read all the info on the left and see about getting some oxygen 15 lpm minimum with a non re rebreather mask

IP Logged

black
CH.com Old Timer

I Love CH.com!

Greece,Athens
Reply #2 - Feb 12th, 2009 at 8:27pm

well done that no result.not much with the specific topic dont u think?

IP Logged

purpleydog
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #3 - Feb 12th, 2009 at 11:53pm

I am having trouble understanding your post. I'm not being the grammar police here, but if you can break your post down into paragraphs, it would be much easier to read.

That said, my eye on the affected side is out of focus, and I can't see right. Some is due to the headache, and sometimes it is due to my eye being really red, and swollen.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #4 - Feb 13th, 2009 at 11:56am

Try using your native language and then translate with Google.

Kinder gentler Potter

IP Logged

Tim
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #5 - Feb 13th, 2009 at 1:26pm

I also often sit in front of the computer when getting hit, I think I'
ve noticed some visual effects sometimes but I'm not usually in an observant mood...

I will try it next time.

IP Logged

black
CH.com Old Timer

I Love CH.com!

Greece,Athens
Reply #6 - Feb 13th, 2009 at 6:40pm

dont imagine any special visual effects.just some more tiny brightness and sharpness in the eyevision on ch side.that's all.i feel what u are saying tim i am in 15 years on ch and never noticed that to myself until recently and only in these specific circumstances.just curious if others have noticed that

IP Logged

deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Downsville LA
Reply #7 - Feb 14th, 2009 at 9:03am

Black,
That is good advice that potter gave you, go to one of the translation sites and convert your native language to English (sometimes the translations don't make it quite right, but we could probably figure it out).

BTW, where are you from and what is your native language?

'darlin

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

black
CH.com Old Timer

I Love CH.com!

Greece,Athens
Reply #8 - Feb 14th, 2009 at 10:42am

i ll have to write everything from the beginning in greek and i am guite bored to do. Embarrassed

but a few hours ago i had our friend back again and figured out a better way.find something in your house a t shirt,painting,blanket
like the right sock at this picture.
it must have only black stripe(not white!)
and the other colour at least for me worked exactly like this
olive green colour the exact sock has as i performed this test with a t shirt i have.same stripes on it.black and this green(?) or whatever colour it is named.
now during ch and only at the peak of serious crisis focus for a moment on the colour green stripe(not the black one!)first with the
eye of free head side and then with the other eye on ch head side.
repeat this fast enough to see if there is any difference in the green colour between eyes.for me this green colour appeared brighter
on ch side.after the crisis and when there was no pain,colour appeared
normal again in both eyes.which means less brighter.

p.s.1 dont know if it works with other colours too(like red for example which is more intense colour)
p.s.2 didnt test that on pc images.dont know if it works the same but i guess its better on physical enviroment
p.s.3 dont leave too bright light direct on object from open window during this test.i think its better to spot differences if the room is in half light(i did it about 15:00 after lunch when ch hit me and curtains where closed but of course i could still see in the room.)
p.s.3 does this help better? Smiley

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #9 - Feb 14th, 2009 at 12:55pm

black wrote on Feb 14th, 2009 at 10:42am:
i ll have to write everything from the beginning in greek and i am guite bored to do. Embarrassed

but a few hours ago i had our friend back again and figured out a better way.find something in your house a t shirt,painting,blanket
like the right sock at this picture.
it must have only black stripe(not white!)
and the other colour at least for me worked exactly like this
olive green colour the exact sock has as i performed this test with a t shirt i have.same stripes on it.black and this green(?) or whatever colour it is named.
now during ch and only at the peak of serious crisis focus for a moment on the colour green stripe(not the black one!)first with the
repeat this fast enough to see if there is any difference in the green colour between eyes.for me this green colour appeared brighter
on ch side.after the crisis and when there was no pain,colour appeared

p.s.1 dont know if it works with other colours too(like red for example which is more intense colour)
p.s.2 didnt test that on pc images.dont know if it works the same but i guess its better on physical enviroment
p.s.3 dont leave too bright light direct on object from open window during this test.i think its better to spot differences if the room is in half light(i did it about 15:00 after lunch when ch hit me and curtains where closed but of course i could still see in the room.)

I am just so not getting this.

Kinder gentler Potter
« Last Edit: Feb 14th, 2009 at 5:41pm by Potter »  

IP Logged

on my knees
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Feb 14th, 2009 at 9:39pm

well i recieved your pm and finally found the thread.
if you think i was patronizing you by offering  o2 use to help i am sorry i guess. to be honest the rambling in your post was confusing however i tried to respond in two ways
suggest a standard abort method and a shared way of dancing with the beast with rocking and listening to music in an earphone.
your pm and reply post say you hope i wasnt offended, well if you think you are more holy than i and more experienced and you honor us with your apparent greater intelligence please translate.
forgive me for trying to relate and be friendly to a new  person.
i guess my 30  years with ch 7 of which are chronic is not good enough for you then feel free to block my post.. Smiley

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #11 - Feb 14th, 2009 at 10:31pm

Karl,  you have nothing to apologize for ijn this thread.   Your advice was good and hopefully Black will accept it for how it was meant.

Black, YOU have to realize that we don't "GET" or understand what it is you are saying.  Personally it makes no sense to me.  If you are asking for help in trying to figure out all about Cluster headaches, we will try to help you...just as Karl did here.  His advice is sound.

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

black
CH.com Old Timer

I Love CH.com!

Greece,Athens
Reply #12 - Feb 15th, 2009 at 7:37am

not much with the specific topic dont u think?

sorry if this sounded a bit cruel when u proposed me about o2.
didnt meant in that by this in any way.hope u are not offended in any way

that was my message to u On my knees.of course your post was accepted already.and and the question i did, had no other purpose apart from saying that is better to stay with the topic.but because i didnt thank u for your advise i also send a message to make sure you are not offended. the only thing i was trying hard to describe here was a mild symptom in the eye vision during ch i never noticed before and if others have noticed such a thing.NOT A CURE and nothing to do with meds or o2 of course.
p.s.1 if you think you patronized me,you did.i didnt say such thing.dont put words in my mouth.
p.s.2 if you thing its rambling try describe a symptom as if it is the first time ever heard and in greek pls.
p.s.3 holy?experience?intelligence?
p.s.3 i guess your 30  years with ch 7 of which are chronic are good enough for yourself instead of my 15 years which are chronic(what a mature statement!)
p.s.4 i was trying too to get related to a new person until his ass smile
showed up....

so lets drop the whole topic if it doesnt make sense to anyone.i ll just have to ask a nuro.it will be much easier. Smiley

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #13 - Feb 15th, 2009 at 11:37am

black wrote on Feb 15th, 2009 at 7:37am:
not much with the specific topic dont u think?

sorry if this sounded a bit cruel when u proposed me about o2.
didnt meant in that by this in any way.hope u are not offended in any way

that was my message to u On my knees.of course your post was accepted already.and and the question i did, had no other purpose apart from saying that is better to stay with the topic.but because i didnt thank u for your advise i also send a message to make sure you are not offended. the only thing i was trying hard to describe here was a mild symptom in the eye vision during ch i never noticed before and if others have noticed such a thing.NOT A CURE and nothing to do with meds or o2 of course.
p.s.1 if you think you patronized me,you did.i didnt say such thing.dont put words in my mouth.
p.s.2 if you thing its rambling try describe a symptom as if it is the first time ever heard and in greek pls.
p.s.3 holy?experience?intelligence?
p.s.3 i guess your 30  years with ch 7 of which are chronic are good enough for yourself instead of my 15 years which are chronic(what a mature statement!)
p.s.4 i was trying too to get related to a new person until his ass smile
showed up....

so lets drop the whole topic if it doesnt make sense to anyone.i ll just have to ask a nuro.it will be much easier. Smiley

Who might be his ass smile?  I kinda lke that.

Kinder gentler Potter

IP Logged

deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Downsville LA
Reply #14 - Feb 15th, 2009 at 6:51pm

Ah, so you are Greek.  Try using one of the translator sites, you can type it in your native language and it tries to translate to, in this case, English (note, I said try, it doesn't always work that well).  Unless we get a Greek translator on here, it's going to be difficult to answer your posts if you won't even try to use a translator.  Although, your English is much better than my Greek  Wink.

Carolyn

IP Logged

purpleydog
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #15 - Feb 18th, 2009 at 1:29am

black wrote on Feb 14th, 2009 at 10:42am:

worked exactly like this
olive green colour ... as i performed this test with a t shirt i have.same stripes on it.black and this green

now during ch and only at the peak of serious crisis focus for a moment on the colour green stripe  first with the

on ch side.

after the crisis and when there was no pain,colour appeared

Ok, I think I understand.

When I look at colors with one eye, and then look with the other eye, colors (whatever they are part of, clothing, furniture, toys, etc...) are different between my two eyes. One side always appears brighter colored, and the other side is a bit duller, as if the lighting was different. This has nothing to do with CH, however. My opthamologist told me this was normal (I asked on a visit once).

So...
p.s.1 working with other colors? Probably.

p.s.2 working with images on your pc? Probably.

p.s.3 Try it and see

p.s.3 again... Does this help better? Yes, a bit, but please use paragraphs and punctuation. It really will help us understand what you mean!  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!