Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Shadows (Read 406 times)
Kim D
CH.com Junior

Nashville, TN
Shadows
Feb 11th, 2009 at 7:32pm

So, after Monday being the WORST day of my life, thanks to the DEVIL (aka CH), I've had some relief...

Monday I had 3 hits, I don't get 3 hits usually, so I took a treximet the first hit so I could go back to sleep, the second hit I used up all my O2, and the 3rd hit I was without any method of relief except my icepack and dark room... 4 freaking hours of intolerable pain, and after a trip to the ER, 2 percogesic, 2 loratabs, and another treximet, (i caved, i couldn't bear the pain anymore) i finally passed out for a good 11 hours... lol

Yesterday (Tuesday) i had my neuro appointment, got some prednisone, 4mg imitrex injections, and an O2 script (YAYAYAYAY!)

The funny thing is that i haven't had to use it... yet *knocks on wood*

BUT, I am having some killer shadows. Yesterday I was pretty pain free, maybe a K1-K2 60% of the day, (thats PF to me), but today has been worse. I'd say a K3-K4 all day, since I woke up. I can handle it but it just really sucks.

Suggestions? I thought about taking a 1/2 of an imitrex pill, or can I suck on some O2? but if I use the O2, will it come back in 20 minutes? What about some ibprophen? I don't want any rebound headaches, but according to my neuro rebound headaches only come after 3 months of overusing a medicine.

I even drank 2 redbulls within an hour, a little relief but it's back... and it hurts to the point that I want to close my eye to block the light and be left alone, but definitely not a CH.

Any help asap would be greatly appreciated.

and just in case your wondering, i'm taking 480mg of verapamil & 500mg of magnesium, and today i started my 80mg of prednisone.
« Last Edit: Feb 11th, 2009 at 7:39pm by Kim D »  

Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1.
kdyer89  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: Shadows
Reply #1 - Feb 11th, 2009 at 8:43pm

Batch has posted about using 02 for shadows, I'm lucky a strong cup of coffee and a couple aspirin will usually knock my shadows out. they're infrequent enough that it's not an over med issue.

If you're taking magnesium you should add a calcium supplement as the magnesium leeches calcium outta your bod. Glad you got the 02!

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!