Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Short and Quick (Read 744 times)
Tophurious
CH.com Newbie

Life's a bitch then you
die.

Denver, CO
Short and Quick
Feb 10th, 2009 at 8:26pm

So all day I've been experiencing very short very very intense spikes. Almost flashes. Are these associated with CH or some other form of headache?

zool98 elementalforcex@yahoo.com  
IP Logged

monty
CH.com Hall of Famer

The Swamp, Florida
Re: Short and Quick
Reply #1 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 8:50pm

Such a pattern is more typical of PH - paroxysmal hemicrania. But it is possible to have such a thing in clusters I suspect.  

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

The good thing about PH/CPH is that it usually responds to treatment with indomethacin. PH can be set off by brushing the hair, yawning, or anything that increases nerve activity in the face or scalp. In some cases, it is described as an 'electric' sensation - not sure if that jives with your description of flashing.  
« Last Edit: Feb 10th, 2009 at 8:51pm by monty »  

The outer boundary of what we currently believe is feasible is far short of what we actually must do.

IP Logged

Tophurious
CH.com Newbie

Life's a bitch then you
die.

Denver, CO
Reply #2 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 9:16pm

Well I've been diagnosed with CH and I'm still in cycle (almost two months now). I had a decent (5/6) CH earlier today but all day since every couple minutes to 15 minutes, I will get what feels like a CH only for a second, enough time for me to react to the pain and it's gone. It's in the same spot as my CH and feels like one just really quick.

zool98 elementalforcex@yahoo.com  
IP Logged

Kim D
CH.com Junior

Nashville, TN
Reply #3 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 9:24pm

I get those time to time. Not as often as you, but I'd say at least every hour or so I get a sharp pain around my CH hit-area.

I think it's the beast saying "Even though you're temporarily pain free, don't forget about me!"

Tongue

Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1.
kdyer89  
IP Logged

ski2k
CH.com Old Timer

Muskegon, Michigan USA
Reply #4 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 9:46pm

I sometimes get a sensation like that after a pretty big hit.  Just a quick painful "jab" behind my eye or temple on my CH side.  It usually only happens if it's been one of those that my aborts (O2 and/or energy drinks) didn't work on.  Seems like if the beast runs it's course, it keeps doing a little happy dance to let you know he won that round.

BUT WE WILL WIN THE FIGHT!!!!!!!!!

Best,
Adam

Here's where I got my RC (Rivea Corymbosa)seeds: I am Shaman&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW skipolak  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!