Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ur ch worse during cold or flu? (Read 2878 times)
Tanyana
CH.com Junior

What? Now???

Hayden id usa
ur ch worse during cold or flu?
Feb 10th, 2009 at 5:05pm

I have either a cold or the d#mn&d flu. I can't tell if my kip level is up or if my cold is having its way with me.   Has anyone else had ch hits while sick? How did you know when to med up or hit the o2?

Thanks, Tanyana

When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on!
Patricia Anderson Roth  
IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Re: ur ch worse during cold or flu?
Reply #1 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 5:44pm

Oddly enough, I can't recall a single time when I've had a cold or flu during a cycle.

I've been episodic a long time, though.  Could be my memory has gotten selective. 

In any event, it doesn't sound like any fun at all.

Best,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

Chris Morrow
CH.com Veteran

Messin' with Sasquatch

Asheville, NC
Reply #2 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 5:59pm

I've had attacks out of cycle when I was ill. They were usually pretty vicious, but went away when the illness did. Sorry to hear, it sucks getting hit while you are already weak from an illness.

IP Logged

barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus

Mountain Biking Keeps
Me Sane

Bracebridge, Canada
Reply #3 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 6:29pm

I have had both flu and colds during cycle and my hits intensified in pain and frequency. I got hit during the day and many times, then had my night time hits to deal with the same day, and I was med free back then and no o2!!!

I have not been sick in a while so do not know. This time I am on Verapamil, 480mg daily, and my faithful o2 to abort.

I won't know until I catch my next bug. Good subject.

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #4 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 6:55pm

My only problem with the flu is if I get the barfies and runs, it seems my prevents don't get absorbed and I get a LOT more break thru's.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

CH-HELL
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 7:41pm

Seems I have been battling the flu for a few days now and my shadows and hits are more intense. 
     Hope you feel better soon.
                  Phil Cool

IP Logged

purpleydog
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #6 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 7:44pm

I've noticed when I have sinus problems, like having a cold or the flu, I tend to get hit more often. Having sinus infections has put me in high cycles before. I would hit the O2 right away, if it's available. If you aren't home, or if the O2 isn't available, use your abortive.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Ray
CH.com Alumnus

Ray

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #7 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 7:56pm

It is truly miserable to have a CH when you're otherwise ill.  I agree with most that they seem worse and more frequent with colds and flu.  The flu is currently selecting victims in my household, and thus far, I've escaped being hit.

Wishing you well,

Ray

You have my prayers and compassion-I'm right there with you.

Dum tempus habemus, operemur bonum

*While we have the time, let us do good*

WWW raymond.schwartz759 rayplace raymond.schwartz759 raymond759  
IP Logged

Tanyana
CH.com Junior

What? Now???

Hayden id usa
Reply #8 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 11:36pm

i decided to treat the ch at first sign of increased missery then deal with the remaining yuck.   when that failed i decided that my head indead was going to explode.
ch-hell sorry to hear that you have the flu also.  In a morbid sort of way if feels comforting to know that I am not alone.  Hope you feel better soon.

Tanyana the one wrapped in a blanket and sniffing o2

Patricia Anderson Roth  
IP Logged

coleman
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Coeurd' Alene ID USA
Reply #9 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 11:37pm

dont worry baby well get through with this and then some.im right beside you all the way. i love you honey

IP Logged

arcticspirals
CH.com Junior

Lebanon,OR
Reply #10 - Feb 11th, 2009 at 12:35am

I haven't been able to tell if they are worse. Still fighting off the same viral for weeks now. But I find my tolerance is out the window. I am thinking the pain is normal intense CH pain,but like I said, tolerance to pain or how I am experiencing it...just nothing left to be strong about. Bet if I stupped my toe right now I would cry~ pathetic isn't it? ok..don't answer that Smiley
I did figure out my cold medicines like to bring on new attacks~ dyes I am supposing, had pharmacy order dyefree for a shiny penny.  Helped.
Hang in there, I swear the snow melted a tiny bit in my eastern mountains...and dang it, I am holding that as a promise to spring.

arcticspirals or_ri or_ri@yahoo.com  
IP Logged

black
CH.com Old Timer

I Love CH.com!

Greece,Athens
Reply #11 - Feb 12th, 2009 at 8:41am

the only thing i can say is that during a cold and high body tempreture
i never remember having ch Huh

Oh come on!it's just water.It can't be that bad!

IP Logged

Tanyana
CH.com Junior

What? Now???

Hayden id usa
Reply #12 - Feb 12th, 2009 at 12:32pm

Well, it's seems that I have good news and bad news. The good news is that I was put on predisone for a short time last night at the hospital, so the beast skipped my house for my three am appt. The baad news is that I now have to use an Albuterol inhaler four times a day untill three days after my last couphing fit.  I have caught a virus from my toddler.  He has croup and I have the upper respitory infection that causes croup. The virus made my broncilo (sp) tubes to spasm causing breathing problems for me.  The hospital gave me benidryl, a breathing treatment, and predisone.  The albuterol seems to trigger a ch hit for me.  Has anyone else experienced hits after using albuterol?  Oh well, at least I know why my best friend the o2 was not working yesturday.  I'm pregnant so the doctor can not give me many meds and only the one megga dose of predisone.  At least I got one night away from him.

On a more important note, my toddler, Uriah woke up with breathing and couphing fits and is currently going from steamed bathroom for five min to outside for five with dad.  He has to see the ped. doc. in about an hour so I ask that all of you pray for my little bear.  Will keep posted as am able.

Love you all,
tanyana

Patricia Anderson Roth  
IP Logged

Pixie-elf
CH.com Hall of Famer

I've tried the rest, and
busting is the best!

Beaumont,Tx
Reply #13 - Feb 12th, 2009 at 11:26pm

Tanyana wrote on Feb 12th, 2009 at 12:32pm:
Well, it's seems that I have good news and bad news. The good news is that I was put on predisone for a short time last night at the hospital, so the beast skipped my house for my three am appt. The baad news is that I now have to use an Albuterol inhaler four times a day untill three days after my last couphing fit.  I have caught a virus from my toddler.  He has croup and I have the upper respitory infection that causes croup. The virus made my broncilo (sp) tubes to spasm causing breathing problems for me.  The hospital gave me benidryl, a breathing treatment, and predisone.  The albuterol seems to trigger a ch hit for me.  Has anyone else experienced hits after using albuterol?  Oh well, at least I know why my best friend the o2 was not working yesturday.  I'm pregnant so the doctor can not give me many meds and only the one megga dose of predisone.  At least I got one night away from him.

On a more important note, my toddler, Uriah woke up with breathing and couphing fits and is currently going from steamed bathroom for five min to outside for five with dad.  He has to see the ped. doc. in about an hour so I ask that all of you pray for my little bear.  Will keep posted as am able.

Love you all,
tanyana

Albuterol doesn't trigger me... but then again, my body doesn't react properly to medications. That and it's pretty used to albuterol. Different people have different triggers though.

I'll keep all 3 of you in my prayers.

Mystina

As far as I'm concerned, cluster busting has been the best treatment I've tried. No migraines since I started it, and my hits have gotten so much better. Wanna know more?

It's saved my life.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!