Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Chiropractic and CH (Read 788 times)
bumpsetspike
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Chiropractic and CH
Feb 10th, 2009 at 12:30am

So, I suppose that the issue of chiropractic treatment has been brought up a bunch of times. One chiro I've tried said chiros can do nothing about CH.

Then just this morning when I was visiting my chiro (due to my back being made up of extremely fragile porcelain, apparently) I saw a folder: "Headaches and chiropractic."

Passing the time, I picked it up and read. Basicaly, the folder didn't even name CH. But, it said chiros could help migraine that was described as "severe one-sided headaches of throbbing nature"!!!

This nice, glossy folder flat-out pushed nonsense in my face.

I have been happy about chiro most of the times, but this kind of pissed me off.

IP Logged

Ellick
CH.com Veteran

ET found here.

x1|Aylesbury|UK
Re: Chiropractic and CH
Reply #1 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 3:40am

I have had a great deal of osteopathic treatment (for sports and other related injuries) over the years and for the most part it has been effective.

Some of my episodes have started out with a long constant headache before the clusters start. On those ocassions when I've tried it, it helped a lot with this.  Accupuncture was also effective as was chinese herbal medicine.

They have not stopped the episodes and have never altered the cycles that I am aware of but have helped beforehand and afterwards.

Osteos and Chiros are the same as all health professionals. Some are completely off beam, a lot take the middle road, and some are completey priceless. Being selective is the important thing. I am always suspicious of shiny brochures !

Best wishes,

Ellick.

ET

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #2 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 6:58pm

Some people on the board have posted they use chiropractors to deal with the secondary issues brought on by CH. The screwed up necks, shoulders etc. For that it can be somewhat helpful. As far as a cure goes.......yeah......sounds like just a pretty brochure.... Grin

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

CH-HELL
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 7:32pm

Chiros are great for relief of back or neck pain but as far CH goes if they say they can fix you........well they will crack your backand neck until you decide it is not helping.  This is jmo and if it helps anyone that is great but for me it was a big waste of money.
      Cool

IP Logged

purpleydog
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #4 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 7:38pm

When I have a migraine that has been going on for days, my chiro can adjust my neck, and back, and it will get rid of the migraine. Some of us have screwed up necks, which can cause headaches. But my chiro said he cannot do anything for CH, and I never expected him to.

Like Guiseppi said, they can help secondary issues on our shoulders, necks, etc., brought on by CH. Treat CH? Not in my experience.

BTW, migraines are severe one sided headaches of a throbbing (pounding) nature (put simply). CH are one sided, but the pain is worse, steady, and not throbbing.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!