Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
O2ptimask Kits Now Available! (Read 14517 times)
DJ
YaBB Administrator

Boyz Rule!

Wichita, KS
O2ptimask Kits Now Available!
Feb 9th, 2009 at 12:27am

O
ptimask
TM
kits from LifeGas are now available through the CH.com store!

A limited number of the "standard" O
ptimask
TM
kits are currently available and an expanded line of products and individual parts will be added to the store soon.

Follow the link to the CH.com store on the left menu to order!

Smiley

I NEVER could have imagined! (April 11th, 1998 - present).  Adversity does not build character... it reveals it.
WWW 588277454  
IP Logged

BMoneeTheMoneeMan
CH.com Alumnus

In remembrance of KingCazman.
RIP

Portland, OR
Re: O2ptimask Kits Now Available!
Reply #1 - Feb 9th, 2009 at 1:31am

Those kits look pretty sweet.  I may have to get one pretty soon.  Why on earth would they put such a small bag on it, though? 

In the meantime, I think I'll have to pick up a mug or 2.  Those are just the size Daddy likes.

Cool
B$

"Fool me once, shame on, shame on you.  Fool - can't get fooled again"&&&&&&Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half the population is stupider than that.&&&&

IP Logged

MJ
CH.com Hall of Famer

x1||USA|usa|299|85|MN
Reply #2 - Feb 9th, 2009 at 1:46am

A reliable, reputable, honest, knowing and familiar source for a product so many use is hard to beat DJ.

Kudos.

MJ

IP Logged

DJ
YaBB Administrator

Boyz Rule!

Wichita, KS
Reply #3 - Feb 9th, 2009 at 8:09pm

BMoneeTheMoneeMan wrote on Feb 9th, 2009 at 1:31am:
Why on earth would they put such a small bag on it, though?

B,

The bag may look small, but I think it's quite efficient.  The 3 liter bag works pretty well from what I'm hearing from the experts like Chuck.  Chuck, or anyone who's used the 3 liter bag, care to chime in?

DJ

BTW, I only have 3 more kits on hand as of right now.  Not sure when my "re-supply" truck will be here.  If you are thinking about getting one, might want to do it sooner rather than later.
« Last Edit: Feb 9th, 2009 at 8:18pm by DJ » 
Reason: add the BTW... 

I NEVER could have imagined! (April 11th, 1998 - present).  Adversity does not build character... it reveals it.
WWW 588277454  
IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Greenville, North Carolina
Reply #4 - Feb 25th, 2009 at 11:43pm

DJ wrote on Feb 9th, 2009 at 8:09pm:
BMoneeTheMoneeMan wrote on Feb 9th, 2009 at 1:31am:
Why on earth would they put such a small bag on it, though?

B,

The bag may look small, but I think it's quite efficient.  The 3 liter bag works pretty well from what I'm hearing from the experts like Chuck.  Chuck, or anyone who's used the 3 liter bag, care to chime in?

Sorry for the delay in answering this post.  I missed it.

In talking with our resident oxygen guru, Batch, he and I collaborated with the following answer:

The reason that the 3 liter bag works so well is that your lungs can usually only take in around 3 liters of air during a maximum inhale.  Yes, your lungs hold more than 3 liters, the average adult lung capacity is about 5 liters.  

In your normal abort method, (using one of those cheap disposable masks at only 15 LPM) you will only be pulling in around 1 liters of oxygen, per inhale.  That is only 20% of your normal lung capacity.  So with the 3 liter bag, you are up to 60% with a maximum inhale, which gives you a much greater ventilation of the lung.

The goal of this therapy is to cast off CO2 faster than your body is producing it.  This is the main idea behind hyperventilating, with the higher flow rate and 3 liter bag.

When you are just sitting there, watching TV, or surfing the net, you are only taking in about 1/2 to 3/4 a liter of air, at a time.

I hope this answers your question.

BTW, Deej now has his resupply of masks, so those that were waiting, he has them on hand now.

Chuck

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

Keep fire extinguisher available, and charged.
ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

Rod
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Ely, Nevada
Reply #5 - Mar 28th, 2009 at 11:08pm

I recently got one of these masks, along with a 0-25 regulator, and must say it's great! Plenty of O2.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Pixie-elf
CH.com Hall of Famer

I've tried the rest, and
busting is the best!

Beaumont,Tx
Reply #6 - Apr 8th, 2009 at 9:20pm

My Grandpa just let me order mine!

So Deej, if you see a rather girly email name, with a man's name...that's why. >_>

I'm so excited!

As far as I'm concerned, cluster busting has been the best treatment I've tried. No migraines since I started it, and my hits have gotten so much better. Wanna know more?
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

It's saved my life.

IP Logged

FrankF
CH.com Alumnus

Simi Valley, CA, USA
Reply #7 - Jun 2nd, 2009 at 10:17pm

I just received my O2ptimask kit with the Ambu face mask and have already had occasion to use it today. Awesome non-rebreathing mask!  Smiley  Smiley  Smiley

Now I am getting 100% oxygen instead of whatever I was getting from the POS masks I was getting from the O2 company.

Thanks for sending it out so quickly. Smiley

IP Logged

barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus

Mountain Biking Keeps
Me Sane

Bracebridge, Canada
Reply #8 - Jun 19th, 2009 at 7:34am

Mine arrived yesterday along with my 25 LPM regulator.
Awesome mask, thanks everyone. Cool

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005

IP Logged

Lawrence
CH.com Veteran

There WILL be a cure

Merrillville, Indiana
Reply #9 - Aug 24th, 2009 at 10:44am

I got an Optimask a few days ago, works beautifully Cheesy

Weapons Check:
O2 grenades--Verapamil hollow points--
Prednisone Sniper Rifle--Rivea corymbosa Nerve Gas

IP Logged

jay
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #10 - Sep 2nd, 2009 at 9:34am

Just a quick question do you send to the UK?

IP Logged

Mrs Deej
YaBB Administrator

My life is what I make
it, and it's beautiful!

Tornado Alley
Reply #11 - Sep 2nd, 2009 at 9:41am

Yes Sir...

Smiley

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody" - Bill Cosby
WWW MrsDeej 1514951301  
IP Logged

dtruett
CH.com Junior

Maybe this is the last
one!

San Diego, CA
Reply #12 - Sep 12th, 2009 at 12:49am

Hey, DJ. It’s been a long time since I've hung out here. Jonny just drove me nuts, so I exited. Where is the link to the store. I don’t see a left menu and can’t locate it. I'd be interested in one of these masks, as my oxygen supplier (Apria) can’t get it (or anything) right.

IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Reply #13 - Sep 12th, 2009 at 12:52am

Link to store: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

“We see what we believe, not the other way around." — Varga
Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

dtruett
CH.com Junior

Maybe this is the last
one!

San Diego, CA
Reply #14 - Sep 17th, 2009 at 7:40am

Thanks. Just ordered the deluxe version.

IP Logged

Smknsmly
CH.com Newbie

AL/GA
Reply #15 - Sep 28th, 2009 at 8:31am

I ordered two last week and love them. Ive never had anything shipped so quickly! Thanks guys!

IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Greenville, North Carolina
Reply #16 - Sep 29th, 2009 at 8:06pm

Smknsmly wrote on Sep 28th, 2009 at 8:31am:
I ordered two last week and love them. Ive never had anything shipped so quickly! Thanks guys!

I'll let you in on a little secret ... Deej doesn't do a thing ... He just sits back, in his boxers, with a beer, scratching his nuts, belching, farting, watching his tv, and yells at our Darling, Miss Stephanie, to go check to see if SHE has any orders to ship out.

That mean ole Deej just abuses her, and works her to a frazzle ...

But, for the quick shipping and response, no one beats our Miss Brooks Stephanie !!!

Chuck

(Deej is gonna KICK MY BUTT, next time he sees me, for letting his closely guarded secret out!

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

Keep fire extinguisher available, and charged.
ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

Jeremys Dad
CH.com Newbie

How did I get lucky enough
to deserve them?

Ottawa, Canada
Reply #17 - Oct 21st, 2009 at 5:00pm

Trying to understand the difference between the two masks so I can order the proper one and have it delivered up here in the Great White North.  Can anyone please define the benefits between the two please?

Thanks

Gary

IP Logged

slacker032
CH.com Old Timer

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #18 - Nov 10th, 2009 at 1:17pm

Jeremys Dad wrote on Oct 21st, 2009 at 5:00pm:
Trying to understand the difference between the two masks so I can order the proper one and have it delivered up here in the Great White North.  Can anyone please define the benefits between the two please?

Thanks

Gary

I'd also like to know if the Ambu mask is worth the extra cash.

IP Logged

Mrs Deej
YaBB Administrator

My life is what I make
it, and it's beautiful!

Tornado Alley
Reply #19 - Nov 10th, 2009 at 1:24pm

While the standard mask is good, and does it's job, I have been told the Ambu mask is the "Cadillac" of masks.  It is softer (or cushier, if that's a word) and has a thicker band of rubber that goes around your face.

While it is more expensive, many people recommend that mask option over the standard. 

I hope this helps. 

Smiley

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody" - Bill Cosby
WWW MrsDeej 1514951301  
IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #20 - Nov 10th, 2009 at 1:56pm

Ben's "clustermasx" was the best thing that ever happened in my cluster career for this knothead clusterhead...so way much better than any regular mask it didn't belong in the same category....it is sad it is no longer available

Never tried but suspect, by appearance, that the regular optimask is similar and would work as well....I decided on the "cadillac" version...looked more comfy and the face plate is removable for easy cleaning, and the extra cost is a wash since replacement time will be at least double.....aint no leaks during use...and they can have it back when they "pry it out of my cold dead hands" Cheesy

That both are available RIGHT HERE....is just another of the countless blessings provided for this family by the first family of clusterville...DJ and Steph!

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Nov 10th, 2009 at 7:10pm

I was also an early adopter of Ben's mask and I will tell you that the modern versions are far, far better built and more durable.

The mouthpiece is my preference, but good check valves are critical!

Marc

IP Logged

slacker032
CH.com Old Timer

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #22 - Nov 11th, 2009 at 3:47am

Just ordered the deluxe kit.  I'm assuming the Ambu mask is one size fits all?

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Reply #23 - Feb 23rd, 2010 at 9:04pm

for those who tested both masks, is the huge price difference really that much more worth it?

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

AdoreInVegas
CH.com Junior

Sin City, Baby!
Reply #24 - Apr 30th, 2010 at 2:26pm

Just ordered a standard OptiMask for hubby. If it works well, we'll consider ordering the "cadillac" mask. I've noticed some other items have been out of stock for awhile. Is there another supplier available?

~ Naturally Ostentatious ~

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!