Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ice helping out (Read 1416 times)
Yorky
CH.com Alumnus

learn to meditate (or
just sit & do nowt)

x1|blackpool|England|europe|170|201|
ice helping out
Feb 8th, 2009 at 9:00am

hi all..
it's been a while, just thought i would let you all know , how
i am getting a bit of relief (ch of course   Smiley )
started a cycle 3 weeks ago ..roughly 2/4 hits a day, kip 7/8
on the 3rd day i started a course of champix (to stop smoking)......about 4/5 days later the hits stopped..just a light shadow all day  (maybe just a coincidence?)
anyway finished the champix....and hits starting again.

i dont use the injections no more ( have found they prolong my episode's and the next hits are bigger)
i use 480 verripemill....1000 mg taurine and coffee
i still get hit....but i have found a way to cut these attack's
from 1 1/2 hours to 20 mins...here what i do.

the bath as always got 6 inch of freezing water in
when i feel the head is starting...i go to the freezer where i
have a ice pack (big enough to stand on with both feet,)
i take off my socks..and stand on the ice pack (on my toe's , while holding the sink....then start to bend my knee's,up and down )
i do this until my toes cant take the cold anymore (try to focus on this pain and not the head).
Then i stand on the ice with the palm of my foot (with my toes hanging over the ice)
wiggling my toe,s has fast has i can.
when the palm of my foot cant take much more , i walk around the house , while the feet start to get thee colour back.

when my feet have warmed up again (about five mins)
i stand in the bath of freezing water..moving my feet about
until i cant take the cold no more.
by this point i have usually peaked , with my headache and the pain level starts to drop.

i find this to be succesful..only if i hit the ice at the first twinge....if im late, i also apply an ice pack to the base of my kneck.

hope this might help someone .

phew...my biggest ever post.

ps. still smoking  Embarrassed

today is a gift.....thats why it is called the &&&&present.

IP Logged

Kim D
CH.com Junior

Nashville, TN
Re: ice helping out
Reply #1 - Feb 8th, 2009 at 10:28am

that sounds insane.

there is nothing i hate more than cold feet.
well, i guess I do hate CH more.

why don't you try oxygen?

Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1.
kdyer89  
IP Logged

Yorky
CH.com Alumnus

learn to meditate (or
just sit & do nowt)

x1|blackpool|England|europe|170|201|
Reply #2 - Feb 8th, 2009 at 11:25am

o2 stopped working
it might sound like hard work...but well worth it.

putting the ice near the pain area..never seems to acheive nothing.

today is a gift.....thats why it is called the &&&&present.

IP Logged

ski2k
CH.com Old Timer

Muskegon, Michigan USA
Reply #3 - Feb 8th, 2009 at 12:38pm

Ok just reading this post has made me cold all over!
Smiley

I've read before of others having luck with getting their feet cold.  As long as it's helping, then keep it up!!  Just don't title your next post "back from hospital with 3 fewer toes". hehehe...  Frostbite sucks!

Take care, and PFDAN
Adam

Here's where I got my RC (Rivea Corymbosa)seeds: I am Shaman&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW skipolak  
IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #4 - Feb 8th, 2009 at 1:05pm

Up the flow rate on your oxygen therapy if at all possible.  You should have a minimum of 15 liters/minute.  It takes 25 liters/minute to hyperventilate and that's when you start seeing the abort success rate go up and the abort times go down dramatically.  

If you only have a 15 liter/minute flow rate or less, hyperventilate on room air for 30 seconds to a minute until your finger tips and lips start to tingle then get on the oxygen.  

The ice/cold is activating your body's defense mechanism against hypothermia.  That makes the arteries and capilaries in your extremities, skin, hands, feet, and yes even the head, constrict to keep core body temperatures in the gut cavity at normal levels.

The net result is you're triggering vasoconstriction in the head/brain by subjecting yourself to extreme cold.  Higher flow oxygen therapy at flow rates that support hyperventilation is far more effective and much more comfortable.

Take care,

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Kim D
CH.com Junior

Nashville, TN
Reply #5 - Feb 8th, 2009 at 6:15pm

and much more comfortable

I second that, Pete. Smiley

Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1.
kdyer89  
IP Logged

arcticspirals
CH.com Junior

Lebanon,OR
Reply #6 - Feb 8th, 2009 at 7:24pm

You know I think you hit on something, will try. Its cold here anyhow~ drafty old farmhouse w/o insulation. I have tried before (when I had more patience) cold water bath enough to cover the ankles, and hot water bottle to painful temple. At peak I switched, for 2 min. then back to cold feet, hot head. The circulation increased dramatically bringing much need oxygen everywhere.
If your curious I tried it because originally they thought I had an ear  and sinus infection, and this my docs hollistic approach to healing it through hydrotherapy. (I am sure most of us has had the 'its just an ear/sinus infection diagnosis before)
Haven't tried it for years (more lazy, less patience, tolerance to cold...ok so I got cranky) but it did lower attacks to 30 min. (thats counting the 10 min prep time)
ok just read that and had an image of me standing on my head in the bath...I hope the point got across though. Embarrassed

arcticspirals or_ri or_ri@yahoo.com  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!