Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
You're doin' it wrong. (Read 888 times)
Pixie-elf
CH.com Hall of Famer

I've tried the rest, and
busting is the best!

Beaumont,Tx
You're doin' it wrong.
Feb 4th, 2009 at 1:03am

Okay, so, my neuro gave me some Viscous Lidocaine 2%. It's the syrup kind. (For those of you who have had this stuff squirted into your nose at an ER.) I felt like this post didn't belong in the treatment section, and you'll see why.

So, I only use it if I'm in a shadow, and only if I'm not in any pain yet. It's too hard otherwise. (Shadow for me in the early stages simply feels like a pressure on my cluster side. Annoying but I can deal with it.)

I do it usually while watching my nephews, and, well, the 4 year old, Jose decided to 'help' me.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

So...since most people don't have success with this method, I have figured out why!

You aren't doing it with a buddy.  Wink

The 20 month old walks around and repeats 'nose' for a while after I use it. Or he'll walk up and try to shove his FINGER into my nose while I'm hanging to let the stuff drip down.

Trust me, this crap BURNS. Horribly. So I'm there trying not to show pain, with one kid hanging upside down with me, while I TRY not to writhe, and the other trying to pick my nose for me....

Anyways, PFDAN everyone.

Mystina

As far as I'm concerned, cluster busting has been the best treatment I've tried. No migraines since I started it, and my hits have gotten so much better. Wanna know more?
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

It's saved my life.

IP Logged

UnderTheRadar
CH.com Old Timer

Literally

Texas
Re: You're doin' it wrong.
Reply #1 - Feb 4th, 2009 at 11:16pm

HAHAHAHAAA! Awesome!!!  Grin

Remember- double-line the foil, shiny side out.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #2 - Feb 5th, 2009 at 10:40am

'Cept Jose's hand is about 8 inches too low. He's doin' it wrong.

That's okay. He'll get the hang of it.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #3 - Feb 5th, 2009 at 11:01am

BREW!!!! (trying to act shocked Grin)

That's too danged cute Wink

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Ray
CH.com Alumnus

Ray

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #4 - Feb 5th, 2009 at 11:10am

Dear Mystina:

I'm glad for your buddy supporter!  I used to do it on a bed, hanging my head down and turning my head toward the CH side.  The pain of laying down in that position always made it worse for me.  Glad it works for YOU!

Ray

You have my prayers and compassion-I'm right there with you.

Dum tempus habemus, operemur bonum

*While we have the time, let us do good*

WWW raymond.schwartz759 rayplace raymond.schwartz759 raymond759  
IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #5 - Feb 5th, 2009 at 1:09pm

Mystina,

your little supporter is adorable! Smiley

Sanna

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!