Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
That's IT!! (Read 6598 times)
Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Re: That's IT!!
Reply #25 - Feb 6th, 2009 at 8:24am

Thanks Jackie, love you Kiss

Well, last night was better than the night before.  Only had 4 attacks instead of the usual 6.  Killed them all with O2.  Only difference I did was taking 6mg of Melatonin 30min. before bed and one 850mg pill of Taurine (I need it for my anxiety) in addition to my standard vitamin regiment.  One did take something like 33 min. on the O2 to kill, but at least I wasn't beating my head with my fist. Undecided

I found that they go away quicker if I breathe the O2 while laying down on my left side (I get hit on my right) and "massaging" where it hurt with no finger pressure.  That way I can stay more calm and my breathing has an even, steady pace.

Smiley

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
https://www.facebook.com/mellymoo92  
IP Logged

Ellick
CH.com Veteran

ET found here.

x1|Aylesbury|UK
Reply #26 - Feb 6th, 2009 at 11:19am

Hi Melissa,

So your idea seems like it was on the right track, even though it hasn't brought you PF.

I am glad for you that the edge seems to be taken off a bit.

I think I am coming out of cycle. No hits for the last 3 days and nights although some strong shadows.

When I am in remission, I forget all about CH. I think this is partly to enjoy PF time and partly to block out the idea of a future cycle.

This time round I am going to try to live alongside it and look at and try preventatives before my next cycle is due. So that means starting on treatment in, mid May.

I will definitely be reporting back here with what ever happens.

I hope your battle is short and remission is as long as long can be.

Ellick.

ET

IP Logged

oregonian clusterer
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #27 - Feb 6th, 2009 at 12:37pm

In the middle of sickening bouts, truly understand your pain.  Out of desperation tryin kudzu, had no faith in it, but would you believe I'm getting relief!  Slowly showing some improvement after 5 days but too early to tell.  But I'm IMPROVING! May be worth looking into?  Heard about it here from other sufferers......thank you guys!

IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #28 - Feb 6th, 2009 at 1:19pm

oregonian clusterer wrote on Feb 6th, 2009 at 12:37pm:
In the middle of sickening bouts, truly understand your pain.  Out of desperation tryin kudzu, had no faith in it, but would you believe I'm getting relief!  Slowly showing some improvement after 5 days but too early to tell.  But I'm IMPROVING! May be worth looking into?  Heard about it here from other sufferers......thank you guys!

LOL!  Thanks oregonian. Smiley  I did the 'Zu last cycle and it worked awesome for me.  Unfortunately I was too late this cycle and screwed up by trying something else.  I am now at the tail end of it and I won't mess with it anymore as it only makes things worse.

I am thrilled though that Kudzu is helping you!!  I hope it keeps up and that your cycle is a short one.

Smileymel

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #29 - Feb 6th, 2009 at 1:21pm

Ellick, thank you so much and it is great that your cycle is on the way out.  I hope to be following close by!

BTW, if you can, stick around to help other sufferers when you can.  Any help we can give to others here is precious.

Smileymel

IP Logged

Ellick
CH.com Veteran

ET found here.

x1|Aylesbury|UK
Reply #30 - Feb 6th, 2009 at 6:28pm

Melissa wrote on Feb 6th, 2009 at 1:21pm:
Ellick, thank you so much and it is great that your cycle is on the way out.  I hope to be following close by!

BTW, if you can, stick around to help other sufferers when you can.  Any help we can give to others here is precious.

Smileymel

I'll be sticking around. Looking forward to your post that you are PF.

Ellick.

ET

IP Logged

barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus

Mountain Biking Keeps
Me Sane

Bracebridge, Canada
Reply #31 - Feb 6th, 2009 at 10:21pm

Mel, bump.

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Sandy_C
CH.com Sponsor

There is no such thing
as a stupid question.

Jamestown, NC
Reply #32 - Feb 7th, 2009 at 11:45am

Geez Mel, I'm so sorry you are having such a rough time finding something to help you this cycle.

I wish I could take some f it away from you.

All I can contribute I am caffeine intolerant, meaning that I drink no more than 2 cups of coffee before noon.  Otherwise, I'm awake all night.

However, I have found that Red Bull or other caffeine/taurine drinks have helped me.   That combined with 02 and my rc seeds have kept me almost pain free for over two years ( two or three rouge hits in between).  

Just know that I'm vibing, praying and sending hugs to you.

Sandy

Lean on me, when you're not strong, cause we all need somebody to lean on.

IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #33 - Feb 7th, 2009 at 1:12pm

Mel,

I'm so sorry that this cycle is a brutal one for you. And I'm sorry to hear that energy drinks don't agree with you - well at least that one. I was hoping that they would help you, too!

Lots of PF wishes your way,
Sanna

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #34 - Feb 8th, 2009 at 7:20am

Sandy & Sanna, thank you!! Kiss

Ok, here's an update:  Friday night I was woken with 3 attacks, and here's the kicker, last night I fell asleep at 4:30pm and slept off and on until I woke with an attack at 5:17am this morning (which I aborted with O2 till it went away at 5:33am).  Now, I'm not sure if it's what i'm doing that's helping, or if my cycle is FINALLY winding down.

Either way I'll take it!!!!!!

Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Iddy
CH.com Alumnus

Smile

Toronto,Canada
Reply #35 - Feb 9th, 2009 at 4:09pm

Mel, I hope today finds you in less pain and close to the end of this awful cycle.

Walk in Peace  Iddy  Smiley

Walk in Peace

"If you can, help others, if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." Dalai Lama

IP Logged

midwestbeth
CH.com Sponsor

Edwardsville, IL
Reply #36 - Feb 9th, 2009 at 4:11pm

Great news Mel!!  I hope the beast is packing his bags and leaving!!

Hugs,
Beth

Dum vita est spes est
midwestbeth midwestbeth http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id  
IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #37 - Feb 9th, 2009 at 4:30pm

Mel,

I'm glad you got a bit of rest.   I sure hope he's on his way out!

Hugs to ya!

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

slhaas
CH.com Veteran

West Allis, WI, USA
Reply #38 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 1:30pm

Why are you off meds Melissa?  Have you tried any of the clusterbuster remedies?  I tried RC seeds once since they are legal, and as gross as it was it seemed to help.  I had to do a few doses and it definitely lowered the intensity and frequency of attacks after the 3rd dose, and then either the cycle ended or the RC seeds aborted it.  I also tried the more standard CB method once, and as much as I didn't like it, the headaches went away for over a year.

Who do you get your Oxygen from?  I made a deal with an Apria manager in SE Wisconsin and get a good rate and such on the O2 if I bring my own tanks in to be refilled.  I've never had to update my script with them either.  It's a shame the O2 isn't working so well for you anymore.  Have you tried staying on it longer after the attack is aborted?

500716817 slhaas99  
IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #39 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 2:27pm

I do hope that your cycle is ending! Smiley

Sanna

IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #40 - Feb 11th, 2009 at 3:02pm

Thanks everyone!  The night before last was rough, had 5 attacks, but I'm pretty sure it's because I forgot to take my extra Magnesium & Zinc along with my normal vit. regiment.  Last night was MUCH better, only 1 attack again! Smiley

slhaas wrote on Feb 10th, 2009 at 1:30pm:
Why are you off meds Melissa?  Have you tried any of the clusterbuster remedies?  I tried RC seeds once since they are legal, and as gross as it was it seemed to help.  I had to do a few doses and it definitely lowered the intensity and frequency of attacks after the 3rd dose, and then either the cycle ended or the RC seeds aborted it.  I also tried the more standard CB method once, and as much as I didn't like it, the headaches went away for over a year.

Who do you get your Oxygen from?  I made a deal with an Apria manager in SE Wisconsin and get a good rate and such on the O2 if I bring my own tanks in to be refilled.  I've never had to update my script with them either.  It's a shame the O2 isn't working so well for you anymore.  Have you tried staying on it longer after the attack is aborted?

Steve, I wrote this on another thread on the CH Specific board, but I'll copy and paste it here. Smiley

Quote:
I do have medication (i.e. Relpax, Amerge), but would rather take natural remedies as prevents and abortives.  I had very, very good luck with Kudzu my last cycle, but I screwed up this cycle by not taking it and took Taurine instead thinking it'd work as a prevent.  It does not for me.  Also, triptans tend to cause a higher attack frequency and longer cycle duration for me.

As for hallucinagenics, I have a history of clinical depression and anxiety/panic disorder and had adverse effects when I tried it last cycle also.  Therefore I chose not to try it for this one.

as for the O2, I get mine from Walgreens Home Care that has Lifegas as their supplier.  So far I haven't had a problem obtaining what I need.  As for staying on it longer after the CH has passed, it doesn't do a bit of difference for me.  The CH's attack as soon as I hit REM sleep.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: Feb 11th, 2009 at 3:04pm by Melissa »  

IP Logged

slhaas
CH.com Veteran

West Allis, WI, USA
Reply #41 - Feb 11th, 2009 at 5:51pm

Melissa wrote on Feb 11th, 2009 at 3:02pm:
Quote:
I do have medication (i.e. Relpax, Amerge), but would rather take natural remedies as prevents and abortives.  I had very, very good luck with Kudzu my last cycle, but I screwed up this cycle by not taking it and took Taurine instead thinking it'd work as a prevent.  It does not for me.  Also, triptans tend to cause a higher attack frequency and longer cycle duration for me.

As for hallucinagenics, I have a history of clinical depression and anxiety/panic disorder and had adverse effects when I tried it last cycle also.  Therefore I chose not to try it for this one.

as for the O2, I get mine from Walgreens Home Care that has Lifegas as their supplier.  So far I haven't had a problem obtaining what I need.  As for staying on it longer after the CH has passed, it doesn't do a bit of difference for me.  The CH's attack as soon as I hit REM sleep.

Thanks!

Yikes!  No more verapamil either I assume.  I am cautious of hallucinagenics as well.  Though I hated the feeling, it was worth it the one time I tried with mushrooms as it ended the cycle for a long time.  The RC seeds made me feel nothing other than less intense and less frequent hits, so it might be worth a try.

I feel bad for you regarding the oxygen.  My headaches are triggered by REM sleep too, but I wake up, hit the oxygen to abort and then stay on it a good while after I'm PF.  Then I'm able to go back to sleep and am rarely hit again with a new REM cycle.  My doctor swears that if I don't have a lung disorder I could sleep with the oxygen on, but I haven't tried it, and even if it were safe I think it'd waste a lot of oxygen, but it's something to consider as well.

I'm glad you found relief in Kudzuu and with mealtonin, zinc, etc.  Neither did much for me.  I would love to be all natural like you're doing.  I hate how many chemicals I'm pumping into my body.

500716817 slhaas99  
IP Logged

webgopher
CH.com Junior

I may get older, but I
refuse to grow up.

x0|Lafayette|USA||0|0|IN,Indiana
Reply #42 - Feb 15th, 2009 at 3:42pm

Sorry the energy drinks don't agree. I found Monster Hitman energy shot that seems to abort when I get the eye twitch going at work. Kind of citrusey taste that is not disagreeable, but I'd rather down a Loca Moca. I've been using one of the SAD lights in the mornings which is supposed to regulate the natural melatonin and seratonin levels. At least for me, it's evened out my moods and I seem to be on an even keel. I also seem to be getting better sleep.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!