Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
That's IT!! (Read 6580 times)
Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
That's IT!!
Feb 3rd, 2009 at 5:14pm

I'm sick and tired of hurting!!!  I'm going to try a Redbull (or Rockstar if they have it) for my next attack.  Just got over one and am wiped out. Sad Sad Sad

I am nervous about one thing though, and that's the caffeine.  I don't drink caffeine out of cycle and limit caffeinated coffee to when I have attacks.  I'm a bit scare of jumping out of my skin, but I can't take the pain anymore. Cry

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
https://www.facebook.com/mellymoo92  
IP Logged

ski2k
CH.com Old Timer

Muskegon, Michigan USA
Re: That's IT!!
Reply #1 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 5:21pm

So sorry, Mel.

Maybe just pound down 1/2 of one and see if it helps. Don't need ya bouncing all over the boards now, do we!

I was wondering if my heart was just gonna blow up last week.... drank 7 one day. Was in so much pain that i really didn't even notice if it made me hyper.

Hope you get some relief SOON!

Adam

Here's where I got my RC (Rivea Corymbosa)seeds: I am Shaman&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW skipolak  
IP Logged

CH-HELL
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 5:31pm

I suggest Monster Loca Moca it tastes good not like Red Bull Smiley and the Loca Moca is not carbinated so you can leave it open in the fridge and it doesn't go bad,  you can even separate it before you are having a hit for you Mel 1/3 of a can will probaly do.
   Hope this passes for you soon.
           Phil Cool

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #3 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 5:38pm

Smiley Smiley Cry

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 5:38pm

Mel,

O2 not working?

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #5 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 5:39pm

Mel - Might I suggest NOS. Comes in three flavors: original (passionfruit), fruit punch, and grape. I'm partial to the original myself. Good dose of caffeine and taurine.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #6 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 5:44pm

Marc wrote on Feb 3rd, 2009 at 5:38pm:
Mel,

O2 not working?

Not like it has in the past Marc.  Only kills 70% of my attacks, I've had to be on it longer, some for 30 min. and I just end up waking up 45 minutes later with another one unless I decided to ride it out (which SUCKS), then I'm able to sleep for 4-5 hours.

I'm not sure if I'll do the energy drinks just yet.  I'm contemplating a few things right now, like trying to get my cycle to regulate itself with just trying one thing for awhile, per a friends suggestion.

I hate these things, when I'm getting hammered so often and with such intensity, I tend to want to try EVERYthing out of desperation! Sad

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
IP Logged

CH-HELL
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 5:46pm

Brew wrote on Feb 3rd, 2009 at 5:39pm:
Mel - Might I suggest NOS. Comes in three flavors: original (passionfruit), fruit punch, and grape. I'm partial to the original myself. Good dose of caffeine and taurine.

For some reason I thought NOS didn't contain as much Taurine Huh,  Monster has 2000mg per can.

IP Logged

barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus

Mountain Biking Keeps
Me Sane

Bracebridge, Canada
Reply #8 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 6:07pm

Mel  Smiley

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #9 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 8:33pm

You are med free right Melly?  Be careful mixing energy drinks with Taurine supplements.  You don't want to dump too much Taurine into your system.

Have you talked with Pete about how you use O2?  It might be worth a quick conversation.

Failing all that  Smiley  I'm right with you sister...

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #10 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 8:41pm

The specific advice I was looking for from Pete is here: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

The PH of your blood can hurt or help O2's effectiveness.

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #11 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 9:00pm

Sorry about your hits, I understand what your feeling. I just wish i could help. Coach Bill

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #12 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 9:07pm

Thanks everybody!!

I think I have found what may be causing this cycle to be so brutal and out of whack.

Thread here: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #13 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 9:33pm

Quote:
Brew wrote on Feb 3rd, 2009 at 5:39pm:

For some reason I thought NOS didn't contain as much Taurine Huh,  Monster has 2000mg per can.

Each 8 oz. contains 1000 mg of taurine and 130 mg of caffeine. It comes in 8 oz. bottles, 16 oz. cans, and 22 oz. bottles. They also have a Powershot available now.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

kevmd
CH.com Hall of Famer

Who needs a hypothalamus
anyway?

x0|philadelphia|USA||0|0|PA,Pennsylvania
Reply #14 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 10:41pm

wish I could take one for you

PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES 2008 WORLD CHAMPS

IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #15 - Feb 4th, 2009 at 6:44am

Dennis- yes I am med free.  I'm not even taking the Taurine supplements anymore.  In fact, I am taking nothing but a Relpax after my 2nd attack of the night, as then I can sleep until 5am or 5:30am.

Thank you Kev. Cry

Well, since I was begging God to take my life last night (also ran out of O2 in the tank about 10 min. into huffing), I'm going to try the energy drink tonight.  I have to try, because this is ridiculous the amount of pain I'm enduring.  I have no clue when this cycle is going to end.  I thought it would run it's 40 day course, but that would mean it'd be over by Feb. 15th.  But after everything I've experienced, I'm not going to get my hopes up. Sad

IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Feb 4th, 2009 at 8:45am

I'm having the same problem right now. O2 kills it, but they come back every 60-120 minutes all night. This is a typical pattern for me when get into a high cycle.

When the first one hit at 11:30 last night, I chugged a Monster energy drink (20 calories) with 2,000 mg of Taurine. As usual, the O2 killed the hit, but they still came back on schedule.

I tried a second Monster at 3:00AM, but I was back on the O2 at 4:00AM.

Hope it works for you. Are you getting more O2 immediately?

IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #17 - Feb 4th, 2009 at 9:14am

Thanks Marc!  My husband hooked up my last tank after the one ran out, only I had him do it after the attack was done.  I had had a Kip 10, and even if I had woke him to hook it up right away, I already knew nothing was going to touch it.

This tank will get me through the next 2 nights, and I am swapping the 3 empties tomorrow during my run to town.

I'm so sorry you're experiencing what I am.  It's one thing to kill them quick, but when you have to do it so often, it's like which is worse?  Waking up so much or riding one out just to get some sleep?

The beast is a bastard. Angry

IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Feb 4th, 2009 at 9:32am

Being the chicken that I am, I'll never willingly ride out a K10.

If I could be sure that a particular hit wasn't going to escalate, I'd do it in order to get some precious sleep. But in 12 years of being chronic, I've learned something about Murphy's Law: "Murphy was an optimist"

Perhaps I'm just not as tough as I once was, but I just can't take a true K10 anymore.

Hoping you don't have to either!

IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #19 - Feb 4th, 2009 at 11:51am

AHHHHH!!  Sometimes life likes to play with me!!!

Called my O2 provider to double check that there wouldn't be a problem swapping my tanks tomorrow.  Here she said they hadn't heard a thing from my docs office and that there was no new scrpt.  WHAT????

Call the docs office, waited for the nurse to call me back.  Nervous as all hell!  The nurse called me back about 30 min. later saying they faxed the damn script yesterday.  Cripes!!

Call the O2 provider back to let her know, says she didn't see anything, but that I'm clear to swap my tanks.

OHFORPETESAKE!!! Tongue Roll Eyes Cheesy

IP Logged

midwestbeth
CH.com Sponsor

Edwardsville, IL
Reply #20 - Feb 4th, 2009 at 12:07pm

Glad to hear you're getting the 02 Mel.  Hope you get a break soon!

Hugs,
Beth

Dum vita est spes est
midwestbeth midwestbeth http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id  
IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #21 - Feb 4th, 2009 at 1:32pm

Thank you Beth. Smiley

Well, I picked up my energy drinks.  I got 3 different kinds because I didn't know which one I'd like, lol.

I got 2 Rockstar Roasted's, one Light Vanilla and the other premium blended Mocha and a Starbucks Doubleshot vanilla.

IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #22 - Feb 4th, 2009 at 2:08pm

Hope you catch a break soon, Mel.  Sorry you are having such a rough time!

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #23 - Feb 5th, 2009 at 4:41pm

Update:  Ran into a snag last night, was NOT fun!!

1. Took too much Melatonin (12mg), made me so freaking drowsy and loopy that was hard to even walk to the bathroom. Roll Eyes

2.  NO MORE ENERGY DRINKS.  I don't know if it's because I didn't try the fruity kind first, but even a 1/3rd of a can made me soooo sick to my stomach.  Mocha and me don't agree. Tongue

3.  Panic attacks!  Due to the side effects of the above, had waves of them when I woke at 5am this morning after a shitty night. 

One good thing I found, that the Melatonin brings the pain level down a couple notches for me.

I soooo gotta learn to do things slowly. Undecided

IP Logged

Jackie
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Go For It!!!

Goshen, IN
Reply #24 - Feb 5th, 2009 at 4:50pm

Smiley Smiley  Wish I had the answers, Sweetie.
I don't but sure am thinking of you and sending positive thoughts.

Love ya,
Jackie

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!