Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Finally. :) (Read 1665 times)
Kim D
CH.com Junior

Nashville, TN
Finally. :)
Feb 3rd, 2009 at 9:43am

I have a hard time seperating shadows and an actual attack coming on. Honestly, if I didn't know I had shadows I'd probably think I was getting attacks all day because my shadows & signs are so similar... but today I knew!

It hit me in the shower, so without even washing the shampoo out of my hair, haha, I went and got my starbucks double shot, downed it, two ice packs (one for my neck, one for my forehead), and sat on the side of the bathtub breathing oxygen for 12 minutes at 10LPM.

GONE IN 15 MINUTES!

This is my first SUCCESSFUL 1. attempt at using methods other than a triptan to abort my headache, 2. attempt in getting my headache gone in less than 20 minutes, and 3. attempt at using my oxygen correctly. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smiley Smiley Wink Grin Grin Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Tongue Tongue

I needed to share my happy story!
Many happy stories to you all. Smiley

Kim

Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1.
kdyer89  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: Finally. :)
Reply #1 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 9:55am

And by the time you rinsed the shampoo out it was all gunky and dried...GROSS!!!!

That's great news Kim........can you crank the 02 any higher? My abort times are down to 6-8 minutes. Either way, just damned happy you're getting the upper hand on the beast, you've been riding a crappy road for a while now!!!

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Kim D
CH.com Junior

Nashville, TN
Reply #2 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 9:59am

My regulator goes up to 25LPM, but a couple years ago I was in a car accident and both of my lungs collapsed, and because of that, they hurt when its on anything higher than 15LPM. 10 is comfortable.

I know, I'm strange.

and the shampoo was not dried and gunky! Although, my hair is mighty clean now! Smiley

and p.s. the actual pain was gone in 5-6 minutes, i was just kind of scared of it coming back so i kept in on for over 10 minutes.
« Last Edit: Feb 3rd, 2009 at 10:03am by Kim D »  

Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1.
kdyer89  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #3 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 11:04am

Well then that's even more awesome! I couldn't be happier for you!! Shiny hair and all. Grin

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

flipperlips
CH.com Alumnus

Live, Laugh, Love

Mcallen, TX
Reply #4 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 1:39pm

Well now we know that you have nice clean hair  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

That is great news not having to use anything except caffine and O2!!!  Good for you  Smiley

Only one life.....only one chance to make the moment count for something - Racer1_NC

flipperlips 100000247863039 pjtimmer@sbcglobal.net  
IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #5 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 1:55pm

That's awesome new Kim.  I'm doin the happy dance for ya!!!

Smiley

I officially bestow upon you the title of
"Kim the Beast Killer"
!!!  Happy hunting  Cool

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 5:37pm

Feels pretty good doesn't it? Good for you!

IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #7 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 5:52pm

Kim, I am SO happy for you!!!  That is just fantastic. Smiley

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
https://www.facebook.com/mellymoo92  
IP Logged

purpleydog
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #8 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 6:11pm

That's really great news, Kim! I am so glad to hear it. Smiley

One thing about using the O2, it's a good idea to stay on it for a few minutes after the pain stops, so it doesn't come back. You are getting to be an expert already!

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #9 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 6:19pm

It helps even more if you actually DRINK that double-shot.   LOL

Get one of those ice packs that don't entirely freeze for the back of your neck and temple.  I have one made by ACE

Glad you beat the beast this time.  Give me a call anytime o.k.?  Wink

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus

Mountain Biking Keeps
Me Sane

Bracebridge, Canada
Reply #10 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 6:28pm

You kicked the beasts ass this time, way to go Kim  Smiley

I use a 15 LPM regulator, does yours go up from 10 to 15? It helps me abort quicker as I tried the lower settings and it was not quite enough so I went to the 15 LPM and it was much better.

Congrats and keep up the fight! Wink

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #11 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 6:57pm

Kim,

Good on you!!!  If you got an abort at 10 liters/minute in 12 minutes, kick up the flow rate to 15 liters/minute or higher and watch the time to a pain free abort drop.  At 25 liters/minute that abort should be 6 to 7 minutes...  Keep it up!!!

Take care,
V/R, Batch
Wink

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

purpleydog
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #12 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 7:23pm

Kim D wrote on Feb 3rd, 2009 at 9:59am:
My regulator goes up to 25LPM, but a couple years ago I was in a car accident and both of my lungs collapsed, and because of that, they hurt when its on anything higher than 15LPM. 10 is comfortable.

Kim, if 10 LPM is comfortable for your lungs, and it takes an extra minute or two to kill the beast, then that's fine. If you are having a tougher time and can tolerate higher than 10 for a short period of time, then give it a shot. Keep at it and keep it up!! Smiley

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #13 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 8:42pm

Pete,  she said both of her lungs collapsed and she cannot go higher than 10 lpm or it is uncomfortable.

Quote:

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

slhaas
CH.com Veteran

West Allis, WI, USA
Reply #14 - Feb 5th, 2009 at 4:27pm

Congrats!  I have a hard time telling the difference too, and sometimes it just takes waiting it out with oxygen handy.  I can usually abort any attack with just oxygen if I stay on it long enough, and it usually takes the pain down in a couple of minutes.

500716817 slhaas99  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!