Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Medications (Read 1782 times)
oregonian clusterer
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Medications
Feb 2nd, 2009 at 6:52pm

New here, but wife of 30 year sufferer.  Have been reading/gleaming info from this site for 5-6 years.  Husband has not responded well to the usual plethera of meds as prescribed by nuerologist in past, but have taken care of this totally debilitating affliction with mushrooms these past 5-6 years.  Problem is, we are not "druggies" and this is not something that is easy to find.  Now without mushrooms I am forced to seek alternative help.  Currently have my husband on Kudzu and will see how this works out- also curious about the chinese concoction found on   Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register; and wonder if anyone has any experience with this?  Have not checked husbands testosterone levels, will do when we can afford or get insurance.  Any other 5ht herbal remedies out there?  Thanks Tina

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Re: Medications
Reply #1 - Feb 2nd, 2009 at 7:28pm

oregonian clusterer wrote on Feb 2nd, 2009 at 6:52pm:
New here, but wife of 30 year sufferer.  Have been reading/gleaming info from this site for 5-6 years.  Husband has not responded well to the usual plethera of meds as prescribed by nuerologist in past, but have taken care of this totally debilitating affliction with mushrooms these past 5-6 years.  Problem is, we are not "druggies" and this is not something that is easy to find.  Now without mushrooms I am forced to seek alternative help.  Currently have my husband on Kudzu and will see how this works out- also curious about the chinese concoction found on   Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register  and wonder if anyone has any experience with this?  Have not checked husbands testosterone levels, will do when we can afford or get insurance.  Any other 5ht herbal remedies out there?  Thanks Tina

Anything with dried whole scorpions in it has to be the best cure I've seen so far.

Kinder gentler Potter

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #2 - Feb 2nd, 2009 at 7:39pm

You said he has tried a plethora of medications.   Has he tired pure oxygen?

There is a yellow button to the left of where you are reading this now indicating "oxygen info"   It works for at least 70% of us.  Let us know if he's used it in the past.  It is safe, cheap and no side-effects.

I have never even heard of some of the "herbs" in your link.

Linda

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #3 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 9:33am

Welcome to the board and thanks so much for taking the time to do the research for your husband. You supporters go through a special hell hanging with us through these damned things. Smiley

Like Linda said, look into oxygen. Even without insurance it's cheap, tank rentals are 4-5 bucks a month $10-$12 a refill, even cheaper if you go with welding oxygen. I can abort an attack in 6-8 minutes with 02. I'm coming up on my 30 year anniversary of CH and 02 is still my front line abortive. About 80% success rate for men.

Thanks again for doing the footwork for him, now drag his butt to the board so we can help him out! Wink

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

ski2k
CH.com Old Timer

Muskegon, Michigan USA
Reply #4 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 4:51pm

Also not being a "Druggie", I was VERY nervous about using alternative methods at first. Since you said they have worked in the past, but you're out now, I'm assuming you have trouble finding more. I know personally I wouldn't know where to find them "on the street". Luckily I've learned quite a bit about this stuff from my friends here!!!

They're easy to grow, and (last I knew) the spores were easy to get and legal to order online. Since the spores don't contain anything in them that could be used illegally, you can have all you want. (again... last I knew)

Might wanna consider taking that road if they've worked for you in the past, and you just need more!

Best of luck...
Adam

Here's where I got my RC (Rivea Corymbosa)seeds: I am Shaman&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW skipolak  
IP Logged

oregonian clusterer
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #5 - Feb 6th, 2009 at 12:25pm

Everyone is so awesome on this site!  My husband has appreciated it to the degree that it allows him to "deal".  I have printed off pages of info for him and encourage him to take it to work with him.  This helps them to understand why he is in the bathroom pacing in agony!  To answer some of the posts:  He has tried oxygen, and he really gives all therapies his best shot, however O2 did not do much for him. Note for those on imetrex, it worked geat, but doctors think it may have contributed to his HEART ATTACK! So now that's no longer an option. He has been taking Kudzu (health food store) in amounts according to the label (ie 2 pills @ 613mg 3XDay) He keeps notes on his headaches and there does seem to be a lessening of the events.  Significant enough that I felt I needed to tell everyone about it.  I completely believe in Scientific method, hence carefully logging these events, and he went from about 4-5 aprox. 1 hour headaches per day to having ONE headache  per day with some shadows for aprox. 1/2 hour duration.  He has only been on this for 5 days. We will continue to report.
ski2K mentioned purchasing spores, I have actually done that, and it was really fun to do as well!  I ordered from Netherlands a kit that was all ready to go, and was in fact, already sprouting by the time we got it!  Any kits like that, still available? (I heard the Netherlands connect has been shut down.) If any available, where?  As far as I could find, ordering spores requires a position as a Research Professional, I only have a Biology Degree, but no standing as a researcher.  For any sufferer who has not tried this method(Mushrooms), I just want to say:  It has worked so well for my husband.  Consider this:  For all the meds they have out there (and all the NASTY side effects), imagine only having to take the medication once (maybe twice) a year for him, with NO side effects and absolutely no headaches (maybe a few shadows). What medication does that?  Only $25.00-$30.00 too!  Only problem : finding them!  I will continue to research this!  Thank you everyone for your advice, understanding and input!  Tina and Richard

IP Logged

GatorScott
CH.com Newbie

Go Gators!

Orlando, FL
Reply #6 - Feb 6th, 2009 at 3:11pm

Tina-

If the Kudzu is working, you might look into the "Synergy" concoction that Kilowatt3 (Jim) discusses in his thread.  
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register  

I have not yet tried it, but it seems to be helping quite a few folks.

Best of luck!

Scott.

IP Logged

ski2k
CH.com Old Timer

Muskegon, Michigan USA
Reply #7 - Feb 6th, 2009 at 11:29pm

I just tried a Google search for "mushroom spores psilocybin" and found a TON of sites you could order from.

Best of luck,
Adam

Here's where I got my RC (Rivea Corymbosa)seeds: I am Shaman&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW skipolak  
IP Logged

Ellick
CH.com Veteran

ET found here.

x1|Aylesbury|UK
Reply #8 - Feb 7th, 2009 at 5:28am

Don't know what it's like in the USA but in th Uk you can go and pick dutch cap (magic mushrooms) from late August to early September.
You have to know where and what you are looking for but there are plenty of books that give clear identification. It's not difficult to spot them.
The obvious thing here is to be absolutely certain or discard. The good thing is you can judge what is a small dose i.e. 4 to 8. You can dry them too for an all year round supply. I haven't been able to go to the areas where they grow in the uk for a long time but if my own growing fails this spring/summer, then thats what I will do.
You still have to be careful because of the legality issues but then thats the same with growing your own,

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

As has already been mentioned Kilowatt's synergie formula may be a good option.

Kudzu - 1000 mg, 2x per day (morning & night) 
Magnesium - 250 mg, 2x per day (morning & night) 
St. John's Wort - 300 mg, 2x per day (morning & night) 
Skullcap - 425 mg at bedtime 
Melatonin - 10 mg at bedtime 

You do need to read the thread on it though because there medication conflicts and a need for suppliments (calcium/magnesium).

The quickest option for now though is probably O2

Hope this adds other ideas for you.

Best wishes,

Ellick.

ET

IP Logged

oregonian clusterer
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #9 - Feb 7th, 2009 at 10:58am

Very interesting concoction, will give this a try!  Thank you T

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!