Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
just curious ... (Read 1383 times)
kyitb
CH.com Veteran

Get 2 birds stoned at
once ...

x0|Mission|USA||0|0|KS,Kansas
just curious ...
Jan 28th, 2009 at 2:11pm

I've been wondering "where you go" what you think about when having an attack?  Especially when my sleeping patterns get affected I have some deep interspective thoughts.  Not going crazy, i hope.

IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Re: just curious ...
Reply #1 - Jan 28th, 2009 at 2:35pm

All I really think about during a hit is getting through it. I try to stay calm and to breathe.  I remind myself that I'll be okay and that I will get through.  I almost always say "this will be the last one."   On very high kips .... I beg God to end it.   

Not very deep, I know. Undecided

Simple minded,

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #2 - Jan 28th, 2009 at 2:56pm

I tune everything out except for my breathing of the O2.

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
https://www.facebook.com/mellymoo92  
IP Logged

Kim D
CH.com Junior

Nashville, TN
Reply #3 - Jan 28th, 2009 at 3:27pm

If its not super bad, I try to clear my head. I usually have a stop watch by my bed and that seems to help. I watch the time go and focus and know that it will be over soon.

If its really bad, I usually end up crying (which seems to make it worse) but I really don't have a choice. I guess the only thing I can really think about is it going away and count down the minutes... Sometimes I pray, sometimes I scream, it just depends.

Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1.
kdyer89  
IP Logged

Just Plain Carl
CH.com Old Timer

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Royal Oak, Michigan
Reply #4 - Jan 28th, 2009 at 3:51pm

If the O2 don't get it, I'm left to pacing. 

My hits were mainly at night, so I would just pace back an forth in the back yard.

The only bad thing is that my neighbor decided to put up yard lights and porch lights which kill me

PFD's
                                           JPC

IP Logged

kyitb
CH.com Veteran

Get 2 birds stoned at
once ...

Reply #5 - Jan 28th, 2009 at 10:25pm

I seem to get really deep.  Trying to figure out what it all means.  Why it's necessary for all this pain.  thanks everyone for your feedback.

IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jan 28th, 2009 at 10:53pm

Once, about 10 years ago I was writhing in pain during a particularly long, bad hit. I hadn’t discovered O2 yet and I had no med’s.  The pain was so intense that I was really wondering how I was going to survive.

For a brief few seconds, I remember feeling like I was examining the pain in sort of a detached, analytical manner while I was thinking "what is pain?"  The next stab brought me right back, but for that fleeting moment I was impervious to it. I tried a few times to get that back, but there is just no way I could concentrate on anything beyond trying to escape.

Marc

IP Logged

Kim D
CH.com Junior

Nashville, TN
Reply #7 - Jan 28th, 2009 at 11:36pm

Just Plain Carl wrote on Jan 28th, 2009 at 3:51pm:
The only bad thing is that my neighbor decided to put up yard lights and porch lights which kill me

PFD's
                                           JPC

hahaha, awww... i'm so sorry.

Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1.
kdyer89  
IP Logged

Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus

Karratha|,West_Australia
Reply #8 - Jan 29th, 2009 at 2:37am

Melissa wrote on Jan 28th, 2009 at 2:56pm:
I tune everything out except for my breathing of the O2.

Ditto

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Of all the things i've lost in life the thing i miss most is my mind.
WWW http://mushys.com/kiwi  
IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #9 - Jan 29th, 2009 at 7:35am

My brain has two threads of thought running.  My focus alternates between them.

The first is focusing on remaining calm and not letting the fear of the pain overwhelm me. 

The seconds is the more mechanical "is the O2 working, how long have I been on it now, am I breathing correctly, how much is left in this tank, is the hose getting tangled as I pace, is it time for the trex, where are the tissues, what the hell is that I just kicked".

It's pretty standard stuff ... But then I'm not too deep anyway  Wink

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

kyitb
CH.com Veteran

Get 2 birds stoned at
once ...

Reply #10 - Jan 29th, 2009 at 1:19pm

I can't "deal" with the pain so I seem to go somewhere else sometimes. the best way i can describe it is that there is this puzzle and once i figure it out the pain starts to subside.  I realize that it's a coping mechanism and don't put much stock in what ever the hell it is i figure out.  (Unless of course i listen to a Terence McKenna interviews or documentary about 2012 that day)  So i'm not going crazy.  I just found it interesting and thought i'd see if anyone else experiences it.  I must say that i'm still in extreme pain while doing this.  HAven't figured out how to stop that.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!