Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The O2 it's not just O2. Read. (Read 5538 times)
Gonzalo
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Re: The O2 it's not just O2. Read.
Reply #25 - Feb 5th, 2009 at 1:35am

Peppermint wrote on Feb 4th, 2009 at 9:16pm:
I'm glad you decided to participate here, as you see its very different from your site.

Hello, Peppermint. The latin site is not so different, it's really nothing that a little and an unexperienced copy of ch.com. You must know that it was created some years ago by Dania, a latin ch.com member. She tried to do some spanish language ch.com, so ch.com is the world's big father or forums.

Hello, catlind

Really I could read posts like yours for hours. I'm in your line, but if I can, I would disagree and I will thanks your view about. And for first, I sign your disclaimer .. Smiley

In general terms, our attacks consists basically in a trigeminal inflammation, and this inflammation is what produces the CGRP secretion, yes. But is more there. The CGRP activates the platelets, forcing it to free the uptaked serotonine (5HT2C receptors), and matocits to free histamine, who increases the vasodilatation and press the nerve continuing the inflammation in a feed-back process. So many ideas to explain the start of the attack: vasodilatacion carotide/leptomeningen vases, pressing trigeminal .. or .. inflammation trigeminal and CGRP after this produce the vasodilatation .. or central hipotalamic signal .... But I think it's more important to talk about the attack's end. I'm convinced that the increasing serotonine freeded by platelets finally do its work over receptors 5HTP1B and achieve constriccion enough to stop the process.

Some years ago I read from a mexican doctor who participated in the Sumatriptan developpment that they had injected serotonine IV to a CH and inmediatly stopped the attack. But the secondary effects were so strong (he don't related what were), and then, they started to look for some selectiv agonist to the 5HT!B receptors. And they developped the sumatriptan.

For me, it's no relevant the really origine of CH. It's more important, and I did it, to construct an hypothese that allows to plain metods to fight against it, and the results of this methods will show the hypoteses ("or model") validity.

Every step I did in the serotonine way, I did it suffering attacks because of trying every trick one by one. So many factors involved in serotonine transformation from L-triptophane, even in the brain level of L-T, carriers, competitors, glucose, carbohydrats, and so on.!!

I you want and you have time, I would like to discuss with you a big lot of things. I thinkmy hipotheses (true or false, no matter), can today explain so much of the CH facts, and I will appreciate your view about. Tell me please if you have time for it, otherwise, it can be at other moment in the future.

Best regards.

P.S. I know so many names are wrong writed, but if you understand them, I let it be. My dictionary spainsh-english is hot!!

IP Logged

catlind
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Surf's Up!

Weaverville NC
Re: The O2 it's not just O2. Read.
Reply #26 - Feb 5th, 2009 at 2:41am

Gonzalo wrote on Feb 5th, 2009 at 1:35am:
I you want and you have time, I would like to discuss with you a big lot of things. I thinkmy hipotheses (true or false, no matter), can today explain so much of the CH facts, and I will appreciate your view about. Tell me please if you have time for it, otherwise, it can be at other moment in the future.

Best regards.

P.S. I know so many names are wrong writed, but if you understand them, I let it be. My dictionary spainsh-english is hot!!

Gonzalo, I very much indeed would love to discuss your hypotheses and views as well as glean what knowledge I can from your own researching into this!  I haven't gone through everything in your post yet, but I will, and have some counter points as well as some ideas that can move along from some of the points you made.  However, it is nearly 3a.m. here and I must get some sleep tonight!  I will post tomorrow (my time) my response to your post, and I look forward to being able to discuss the many theories and hypotheses that you have and that are currently at the top of the research and medical community!

As for any words you have typed or written wrong in your translations, I have no trouble understanding you at all.  As time goes on you will improve with your written language abilities, and you will be an expert in English in no time! Wink

You really are doing a great job, no trouble understanding what you are saying at all on my end.

Will post back to you in the a.m. eastern US time Smiley

Adios!

Cat
« Last Edit: Feb 5th, 2009 at 2:45am by catlind »  

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart.

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough

Who is John Galt?
catlind catlind68 or kadiya68 660506913 kadiya68 kadiya68  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!