Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Migranes (Read 1834 times)
Tophurious
CH.com Newbie

Life's a bitch then you
die.

Denver, CO
Migranes
Jan 26th, 2009 at 5:48pm

Do any of you also suffer from migranes?

zool98 elementalforcex@yahoo.com  
IP Logged

Katie
CH.com Junior

I just get 'those' headaches.

England
Re: Migranes
Reply #1 - Jan 26th, 2009 at 6:24pm

Yes

Pain is no evil unless it conquers us.  

IP Logged

Just Plain Carl
CH.com Old Timer

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Royal Oak, Michigan
Reply #2 - Jan 26th, 2009 at 7:21pm

Katie wrote on Jan 26th, 2009 at 6:24pm:
Yes

Smiley

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #3 - Jan 26th, 2009 at 7:38pm

Thank God no.....my hats off to you lucky few who get both afflictions... Cry

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Pixie-elf
CH.com Hall of Famer

I've tried the rest, and
busting is the best!

Beaumont,Tx
Reply #4 - Jan 26th, 2009 at 8:26pm

Yes.

Had them at the same time as a cluster before, too. It ain't fun.

I envy everyone who can take triptans.

As far as I'm concerned, cluster busting has been the best treatment I've tried. No migraines since I started it, and my hits have gotten so much better. Wanna know more?
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

It's saved my life.

IP Logged

Charlotte
CH.com Alumnus

Patterson,California
Reply #5 - Jan 26th, 2009 at 9:49pm

don't envy people who can use triptons.  The insurance Companies don't let you get enough triptans for the ch, much less the migraines also.

When I used kudzu, in a liquid form, for 14 months, it helped lower the ch and almost completely eliminated the migraines.

Charlotte

ps the reason I stopped using it was the company stopped making it and the other forms did not help.  Fortunately, around that time I tried verapamil again and this time it worked.
« Last Edit: Jan 26th, 2009 at 10:15pm by Charlotte »  

IP Logged

aj
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Portland Oregon
Reply #6 - Jan 26th, 2009 at 10:43pm

I used to.  In the last five years or so, though, I get "pain-free" migraines a few times a year.  I get the aura in my eyes really bad, and then the sensitivity to light and sound and terrible nausea, and then -- when before, the horrid pain would start up -- nothing.  It just goes away.  I take a shot of the Imitrex nasal spray when I'm getting one, but I'm not sure it's actually doing anything.  A guy I work with gets the same sort of thing - all migraine symptoms except the actual headache.  I'm not even really sure they're migraines anymore.

IP Logged

UnderTheRadar
CH.com Old Timer

Literally

Texas
Reply #7 - Jan 26th, 2009 at 11:50pm

Wow AJ, I get the same damn thing (except sometimes with pain)...I've always been prone to migraines, too, but when this cycle started in July, it kicked the migraines into overdrive and I've had a pretty-much constant nauseous migraine ever since.

It's been going on so long, I don't even know what it is anymore, either.  I haven't had a real cluster in a couple of days, but the migraines are still keeping me so sensitive that I can't hardly work on the computer (not good for a graphic design major.  Tongue )

Nothing helps, either, except big doses of dramamine.  In fact, I'm about to throw up right now because this guy came in the lab who never bathes, and I can smell him from across the room....  Shocked

Remember- double-line the foil, shiny side out.

IP Logged

sheena.t
CH.com Newbie

If it aint broke why fix
it

SW England (UK)
Reply #8 - Jan 27th, 2009 at 8:27pm

Hi guys
I get migraines aswel but not as often as CH. Funnily enough i get an aura migraine with no pain and 100% of the time within 5 minutes i get a hit so I can predict these ones and get to a place less embarrassing than the middle of a busy supermarket.  Embarrassed Cheesy
I didn't know the aura was still classed as a migraine until my optician told me Shocked
sheena

Maddoglady and proud   ! ! !

IP Logged

aj
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Portland Oregon
Reply #9 - Jan 27th, 2009 at 9:35pm

Hm.. that seems pretty common amongst us.  Maybe the CH steals all the pain from our migraines, leaving just the left overs Wink

I never thought of trying dramamine for those psuedomigraines tho.  I should pick some up.

IP Logged

Tophurious
CH.com Newbie

Life's a bitch then you
die.

Denver, CO
Reply #10 - Jan 27th, 2009 at 11:40pm

Well I can say my migranes aren't zapped by my clusters. Definitely not as painful but definitely not "painfree"

zool98 elementalforcex@yahoo.com  
IP Logged

Grinner62
CH.com Veteran

Wichita Falls,Texas
Reply #11 - Jan 29th, 2009 at 5:26am

Tophurious wrote on Jan 26th, 2009 at 5:48pm:
Do any of you also suffer from migranes?

Like a couple others, I usually get either the pain or the halo.
Halo? I just sit back and enjoy the light show.  Cheesy

I'll have to get some Dramamine for my GF though. What would constitute a "big dose"?

IP Logged

Dyna
CH.com Newbie

Keep Reaching for a Better
Day

East Berlin, PA
Reply #12 - Jan 29th, 2009 at 6:26am

I was a M-Graine sufferer  for bout 20 years prior to CH say bout 5-7 times per year, once the CH started in the  M-Graine changed to  same symptoms somewhat less pain & this was before I started treatment for CH.  M-Graines now only appear when pain meds are given, example  last yr had surgery was given morphine, then ........ahh  surgical pain reduced by morphine, one hour later M-graine sets in, one hour later barfing ,  one hour later they are fighting to stop barfing control M-graine and keep my stiches in tact....lovely huh?  Needless to say the M-graine pain far outweighed the surgical  go figure????

Mighty Dyna

IP Logged

UnderTheRadar
CH.com Old Timer

Literally

Texas
Reply #13 - Jan 30th, 2009 at 12:25pm

Ooops!  I should clarify- to me, a "big dose" of Dramamine is one and a half pills...I say big dose because if I was just carsick, I could take a half pill and be okay and still be functional- but with a whole pill or a pill-and-a-half I will be loopy and in the "can't drive or operate heavy machinery" category.  I don't like to go there, because I have a toddler and I'm in school-two things I need to be "conscious" for!  Cheesy

I've always gotten a couple of M's a month (no aura- only pain and nausea) and am easily carsick...since this cycle started, the M's have been kicked into overdrive- I'll have at least one every day.  I think my cycle ended (???) but I'm still getting the daily M's.   Tongue

Remember- double-line the foil, shiny side out.

IP Logged

purpleydog
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #14 - Jan 30th, 2009 at 3:46pm

Yes.

Several of us suffer from multiple headache types.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!