Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Probably a weird question but... (Read 987 times)
Tophurious
CH.com Newbie

Life's a bitch then you
die.

Denver, CO
Probably a weird question but...
Jan 24th, 2009 at 6:06pm

So my last headache was on wednesday, but I noticed thursday and part of friday that I kind of had a tingle around the normally painful areas of my face, head and eye (almost as if I kept anticipating a headache to come but it didn't)

Has anyone else experienced this? Maybe I'm just nuts...

zool98 elementalforcex@yahoo.com  
IP Logged

Ellick
CH.com Veteran

ET found here.

x1|Aylesbury|UK
Re: Probably a weird question but...
Reply #1 - Jan 24th, 2009 at 6:18pm

I get that below my eye. It is usually a sign that the shadow is stabilising i.e not getting stronger. It often moves down into my top lip too.

When I have experienced other types of pain from injuries etc I notice that when they are showing the first signs of disipating it tends to be sharper, and more focused in a smaller spot. Strangely the sharpness is less painful than in tense levels. The tingling you talk about is similar, except for me the shadows don't go. Then again my cycles have never stopped abruptly they have faded awya over a couple of weeks. So the first beer is always on tenderhooks. It always feels a hopeful sign to me but I have no eveidence that it is what I hope for.

Why have your clusters stopped? End ofcycle or medication.

Ellick.

ET

IP Logged

Tophurious
CH.com Newbie

Life's a bitch then you
die.

Denver, CO
Reply #2 - Jan 24th, 2009 at 6:35pm

I'm assuming end of cycle, they started over a month ago and pretty much every cycle is somwhere around 30 days, this one was 33. It's very nice to go a whole day without pain, I didn't even have to tell my girlfriend I didn't get one as when she saw me she could tell that I was finally without pain by the way I was acting.

zool98 elementalforcex@yahoo.com  
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Reply #3 - Jan 24th, 2009 at 7:27pm

All very normal even if the actual experience varies with each of us. Our nerves become traumatized by injury, etc. and the are one of the slowest type of cells to repair.

For the last seven-weeks I've been recovering from surgery. It's amazing how different are my feelings on each side of the suture line--as if two different bodies! It's only important that you have learned how to care for your attacks. Then you learn patience....
« Last Edit: Jan 24th, 2009 at 7:28pm by Bob Johnson »  

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Greenville, North Carolina
Reply #4 - Jan 25th, 2009 at 6:41am

Sounds like a very mild "shadow" to me.  GREAT if that is all it does.

I hope your cycle IS ended.  I LOVE hearing about people that are painfree!

Chuck

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

Keep fire extinguisher available, and charged.
ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

RedEye
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

New York
Reply #5 - Jan 29th, 2009 at 7:20am

Yes...I have had tingling and numbness of my scalp and face.  When the pain is really bad, I can pull my hair and not feel a thing.  Sometimes I even feel a change of sensation in my fingers...weird, huh!  Cry

Rx Addictive Painkillers, Muscle Relaxants, & Tranquilizers KILL !!!
Don't Allow Unscrupulous Doctors Chemically Rape You...Please Get Help TODAY...Don't Abruptly Stop Any Medication.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!