Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
over 50 years old (Read 3904 times)
debOUCH
CH.com Old Timer

..&^%*%$(*&^&^%..

x0|Holbrook|USA||0|0|NY,New_York
Re: over 50 years old
Reply #25 - Jan 27th, 2009 at 12:33pm

i started last january @ the age of 50....................my dad also started @ 50, he is 74 & still gets a cycle a year, with a year skipping here & there.....................

Deb Piscitelli Powers winelova50  
IP Logged

Kirk
CH.com Alumnus

VINIMUS, VIDIMUS, DOLAVIMUS

Harts Lake, WA
Reply #26 - Jan 30th, 2009 at 4:19pm

I forget how much over 50 I am. But I'm chronic. The Topamax helps stave them off, and the O2 kills the ones that get through. I like to think they have become less intense over the years. But its hard to remember sometimes.

Smiley

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
kirkevrrt 161860987 kirk_jones511 2607+395th+St+CT+S  
IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Greenville, North Carolina
Reply #27 - Jan 30th, 2009 at 5:42pm

Kirk wrote on Jan 30th, 2009 at 4:19pm:
  I forget how much over 50 I am.

There are some of us that KNOW how far you are over 50 ...

Let me just say you are WAY over 50 ...

Chuck, who is MUCH younger

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

Keep fire extinguisher available, and charged.
ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

BobG
CH.com Hall of Famer

St. George, UT
Reply #28 - Jan 30th, 2009 at 9:00pm

Just Plain Carl wrote on Jan 22nd, 2009 at 12:37pm:
Hello Robert,

I was told a few years ago that I would eventually grow out of this.  I thought I did.  Six years remission and out of the blue.......whammo.  I'm 62.

However, I will say that this cycle was much easier than what I remember.

Good Luck To Ya
          JPC

Except for the length of remission, mine was 8 years, JPC's message could have been written by me. This cluster started about 6 weeks ago. If history means anything this cluster should be over in a couple of more weeks.

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.

IP Logged

RichardN
CH.com Hall of Famer

x1|Crossville|USA,Tn
Reply #29 - Jan 31st, 2009 at 2:23am

I'll be 62 in March.  Is there such a thing as episodic chronic? . . . or chronic episodic?  This is a weird beast.

I'm a head-trauma CHer and my attacks didn't start until I hit my head (about 3" above my right eyebrow) 1/01 . . . ha's started . . . no relief til my wife found this site 13 months later.

I still fit the definition of chronic as I understand it (never more than two weeks PF without meds), but mostly PF last few months.  Last year, they ramped up in frequency/intensity just before xmas and continued through May, then slacked-up.  The year before, they ramped before Thanksgiving and continued on a regular basis through at least April.

It's almost February and the "bad" cycle hasn't started yet . . . couple of small hits, but no "dancing".  I'm ready and looking at 12 full "E" tanks (just swapped an empty last night).

I avoid my triggers and kill what hits I do get with the 02.  Very grateful not getting multiple daily hits (at this time anyway).

Wondering if there's any info re early-onset CH and head-trauma CHers (I think I read 16-20%) and remission. 

Whatever the reason, I'm very grateful for this mostly PF time.

Be Safe,   PFDANs

Richard

I can live with the beast as long as I don't have to "dance" with the bastard.
lastchantsranch  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!