Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Painkiller suggestions? (Read 5756 times)
thebbz
Ex Member

Re: Painkiller suggestions?
Reply #25 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 1:52pm

I wonder if I have the same headaches. I have tried all that. None of it even touched anything. Shadow or K 10. It's like a band-aid on a bullet wound. By the time they worked ,if they worked, I would be thrashing and putting holes in the wall with my forehead.
What a deal. Guess I'm a puss.
all the best
the bb

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #26 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 3:01pm

Quote:
I wonder if I have the same headaches. I have tried all that. None of it even touched anything. Shadow or K 10. It's like a band-aid on a bullet wound. By the time they worked ,if they worked, I would be thrashing and putting holes in the wall with my forehead.
What a deal. Guess I'm a puss.
all the best
the bb

Buck up.

Kinder gentler Potter

IP Logged

Ungweliante
CH.com Veteran

Happiness comes from personal
choice \o/

Helsinki, Finland
Reply #27 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 4:49pm

The 15mg of meloxicam, taken every day, for me prevented the attacks. It didn't make an ongoing attack disappear. However, the attacks started to come back after around 10 days, despite taking the meloxicam. Meaning that I got first one attack, then the normal two per day.

I changed it to Arcoxia, the attacks stopped completely. Again, I didn't take it mid-attack - rather, it just prevented (and still prevents) the attacks coming at all. I've been on 90mg of Arcoxia per day since 4.11.2008 and also totally pain-free since that day.

Etoricoxib is a more specific and stronger COX-2 inhibitor than meloxicam is, to add.

I strongly believe that CH is an umbrella term for similar symptoms caused by a variety of medical disorders involving the trigeminal nerve. That is the reason why people find help from different drugs. My disorder, in my opinion, involves an inflammation around that region and the COX-2 inhibitors are the strongest drugs along with steroids to treat it. The doctors couldn't see inflammation from my MRI-images, but the doctors are not omniscient and the MRI is not perfect. The fact is that I'm living a normal life because of a drug that specifically targets inflammation.

Think of it in a way that you might not see because of a variety of reasons too. Some people have had the eyes removed, some have been born without eyes, some are blind because of other condition or disease and some have blindfolds on. Yet the effect remains the same. Some of these conditions are impossible to treat (yet), but some of them are treatable.

- Best regards and PFDAN,
Rosa

IP Logged

MJ
CH.com Hall of Famer

x1||USA|usa|299|85|MN
Reply #28 - Jan 24th, 2009 at 1:10am

NeilB wrote on Jan 20th, 2009 at 5:15am:
Any advice on a more appropriate, and preferably faster-acting, painkiller for a relatively mild condition?

N

12 hour Aleve works well on occasion (naproxyn sodium) otc.

MJ

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!