Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
new to ch what a week (Read 1342 times)
matt.withernsea
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

new to ch what a week
Jan 19th, 2009 at 9:18pm

woke up at 23:30 on the 11th with what i thought was blinding toothache survived the weekend and went to my dentist on the monday morning, she actually pulled a tooth,  pain kept comming each evening until i got too scared to sleep. went to a&e on saturday and the doctor told me to go home and take painkillers. found this site and went back to the hospital today or sorry now yesterday. after scans , prods and pokes they eventually confirmed hat i suffer from ch. They have offered no explanaton as to why it has suddenly started and have sent me away with steroids, beta blockers and two nasal sprays. feel so low and have no idea what to do or where to go from here. still scared to go to sleep. i hav Lips Sealede read some of the posts on this site and know i am not lone. am 42 years is this it now!!!

IP Logged

FramCire
CH.com Alumnus

Life like a froward child
must be humored a little

Bolivar, MO USA
Re: new to ch what a week
Reply #1 - Jan 20th, 2009 at 12:55am

Matt,

Read read and read some more.  I would talk to your doctor about oxygen.  Get at least 15 lpm regulator with a NON REBREATHER mask.

Don't panic, you can beat this and sleep again.

I am very tired this evening, but I am sure others will be able to help.

You've overstayed your welcome since the day we met but it doesn't seem to matter to you.  No medications are your master, nothing makes you fret, it's a helpless feeling having nothing I can do

IP Logged

UnderTheRadar
CH.com Old Timer

Literally

Texas
Reply #2 - Jan 20th, 2009 at 1:02am

Welcome to the lifeboat, my man.  You'll find good support here, and lots of good info.  It's my new family!
-Paige

Remember- double-line the foil, shiny side out.

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #3 - Jan 20th, 2009 at 1:13am

matt.withernsea wrote on Jan 19th, 2009 at 9:18pm:
am 42 years is this it now!!!

No, not at all.

It seems that there are some who have only one cycle of headaches, and then never have them again.  Perhaps you'll be one of them.

If not, chances are you'll be episodic--ninety percent of us are. 

Even if it turns out that you end up with chronic CH, there are many here who've learned to live around CH, make the most of their painfree time, and have found the means to control their headaches.  You can too. 

It's simply the hand you were dealt.  No fault, no external cause, and no evading it.  Not everyone has to deal with CH, but I'm convinced that everyone has some challenge in their lives--this is just the one you've been presented with. 

Take heart.  It'll be okay.  There are worse things.   Smiley

Ask any questions you like.  We'll be happy to help in any way we can.

And welcome home.

Best wishes,

George 

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jan 20th, 2009 at 9:32am

It's critical to invest in yourself by spending hours and hours reading this site. Once you understand what treatment course(s) works for YOU, CH's can generally be managed to a point that you won't have to go through the pain levels that you are seeing now.

I would start by getting oxygen - read more about this immediately, and get going on it in order to see some pain reduction now.

It is often quoted around here that O2 is effective for 70% of us. The study being quoted actually found it's 87% for men and 59% for women.

87% isn't a bad number...........

Marc

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #5 - Jan 20th, 2009 at 9:34am

You've been pointed in the right direction, welcome to the board. If CH becomes a part of your life then please stick around the board. You will not find a more comprehensive knowledge source anywhere. And do try 02, it's my best friend in cycle!

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #6 - Jan 20th, 2009 at 9:34am

You've been pointed in the right direction, welcome to the board. If CH becomes a part of your life then please stick around the board. You will not find a more comprehensive knowledge source anywhere. And do try 02, it's my best friend in cycle!

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Just Plain Carl
CH.com Old Timer

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Royal Oak, Michigan
Reply #7 - Jan 20th, 2009 at 1:45pm

You definately not alone Matt.

Find yourself a good neuro and take all the info you can from this site.

There are plenty of people here to help you get through this.

Good Luck & Welcome
                                       JPC

IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jan 21st, 2009 at 6:25pm

Matt,

Are still around? How are you doing?

IP Logged

aj
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Portland Oregon
Reply #9 - Jan 22nd, 2009 at 7:27pm

While it sucks to have to get these headaches, at least you were diagnosed relatively easily.  I started getting these clusters every 18 to 36 months since i was 15, and it took until i was 25 to be diagnosed correctly.  I spent the first two clusters told I had a sinus infection!  Hope you've found some treatments that work.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!