Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
i thought it was over (Read 1947 times)
ChefChris
CH.com Veteran

Virginia Beach, Va
i thought it was over
Jan 16th, 2009 at 6:30pm

i had a VIOLENT hit last night. it was about 3 hrs and so random. ive felt really got til last night. it was bad i got hit while i was driving. i was puking , secreaming, you name it all while trying to make it. i cant think of a time that i wasnt in a cycle did i ever get hit that hard.. is just a freak thing, have any of you had this happen to you? any help would be loved.
chris

life is great clean. thanks NA and rehab. clean date August 4, 2010
chris_kels 420chris420 cohen.chris@ymail.com  
IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Re: i thought it was over
Reply #1 - Jan 16th, 2009 at 7:40pm

Smiley

Kinder gentler Potter

IP Logged

UnderTheRadar
CH.com Old Timer

Literally

Texas
Reply #2 - Jan 16th, 2009 at 7:57pm

I thought I was done, too, a few weeks ago, then had a random ultra-hit too.   Sad  I don't know what to make of it, either, but my doc said it's not uncommon.

Remember- double-line the foil, shiny side out.

IP Logged

ChefChris
CH.com Veteran

Virginia Beach, Va
Reply #3 - Jan 16th, 2009 at 8:00pm

i was just wondering that, if it may be a common random thing.

IP Logged

ChefChris
CH.com Veteran

Virginia Beach, Va
Reply #4 - Jan 16th, 2009 at 8:10pm

or it could be school, my up coming divorce and child custody issues. i just dont want all this shit to start another cycle. please God spare me this once.

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #5 - Jan 16th, 2009 at 8:21pm

Used to happen to me early on--getting one out of the blue.  Hasn't happened for a long time. 

This is just based on hearsay and is mostly a SWAG--but I think episodic cycles aren't always well-defined right at first.  It may take a little time for them to settle into a clear pattern. 

I don't necessarily think you should be too concerned about a rogue hit--it may be nothing more than a one-off.

Best,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

ChefChris
CH.com Veteran

Virginia Beach, Va
Reply #6 - Jan 16th, 2009 at 8:32pm

thats what i was thinking....nothing to worry about.

IP Logged

Artonio
CH.com Alumnus

I Love

New Castle, Pa
Reply #7 - Jan 16th, 2009 at 8:46pm

Glad to know that you were at least experiencing some PF time chris... sure does suck to know that out of the blue you got slammed again.

As a chronic sufferer I have to tell ya that for the last 3 months or so I have been getting slammed every day with an increased frequency , above and beyond my normal 5 or 7 hits a day. The sleep deprivation and depression also play a huge part in the aggravation factor. While o2 is a heaven-send... the abort times are growing longer and longer and the re-attacks keep me always reaching for the o2.

I have experienced in the past a very bad attack once while driving on the pa turnpike, in the rain, on a portion of the road that did not have a place for me to pull over.... Surrounded by 18 wheelers on a very curvy descending slope. The anxiety attack on top of the hit was traumatizing.... to say the least.

Although I have no answer for you I would recommend that you stay armed with what-ever your doctor prescribed for you at all times... Hopefully by now you may have received a prescription for oxygen.

I would never consider leaving home now without a full e-tank.

Hope that you feel better soon.

with warm regards,
Tony

For in our hands lies the ability to shape our world for good or for ill. President Barack Obama
IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jan 16th, 2009 at 10:02pm

Artonio wrote on Jan 16th, 2009 at 8:46pm:

I would never consider leaving home now without a full   two e-tanks.

Hope that you feel better soon.

Yup.

No more long, drawn out K9 & K10's for me. I'm not going back to those days ever again if I can help it.

Marc

IP Logged

ChefChris
CH.com Veteran

Virginia Beach, Va
Reply #9 - Jan 17th, 2009 at 2:17am

im tryn' to stay optamistic and say it was a one time thing. maybe it was somethingi ate. it felt like cluster on the right and a migraing on the left. total 100% head pain. i dont want to say what i came home and did, but it put me to sleep, no more pain and i woke in the mornining at 7 and felt great.

IP Logged

I.T.
CH.com Newbie

zen

NORWAY
Reply #10 - Jan 17th, 2009 at 4:56am

I also hope it was a one time hit for you, and that you have good days with no pain. Sorry to hear about the divorce and the child. Didn`t know that. My cluster is also going in mysterious directions these days. It`s just not what it used to be. Baybe that is the secret we all have to learn. Giving up the control we think we have in life. Can`t control cluster! When it comes, it`s just something you deal with one attack at the time.... But it`s of course much easier said than done....

I.T.

IP Logged

ChefChris
CH.com Veteran

Virginia Beach, Va
Reply #11 - Jan 17th, 2009 at 9:13am

youh IT its a lot of stress. especially since the mom wont talk to me. makes things hareder on me as well as junior. they dont see it that way.sucks.

IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #12 - Jan 17th, 2009 at 11:35pm

Sorry you got slammed, Chris.    I have also had a few hits that were out of the blue. They were fairly mild but seemed to be brought on by stress.  The last one though, was a two sided kip 8.  Nothing since then though.

Hope you get back to being PF.

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

Ellick
CH.com Veteran

ET found here.

x1|Aylesbury|UK
Reply #13 - Jan 18th, 2009 at 9:01am

I've come to think that the face and head pain is the extreme end manifestation of a condition thats with us all the time.
I've had clusters since I was a child, so something like 45-50 years or more. They haven't been there all the time and have varied a great deal. I've been episodic for about the last 15 years.
I get a lot of sneezing fits and sudden blocked up nasal passages. My eyes also water in a puff of breeze. There has never been much of a reason for this. I also have some asthma from time to time which again doesn't seem to have a bearing on anything.
I also have problems focussing and my mind wanders around a lot. When I was a kid I was always told I had my head in the clouds even though I seem to be able to understand difficult concepts which now has me labelled as intelligent.
I might be wrong but I think if you have clusters, they are there all the time and the worst end of them is the pain. In my view the rest are symptoms which are related to timing and histamines in some way.
In that way you can get hit in one offs. That happened to me more when I was a child.
I wish you all freedom from the pain and a cure round the corner.

Ellick

ET

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!